Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Fallout 76

Video game themed message board
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Re: Fallout 76

Post by RubeTube »

Mandatory wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:35 pm This game came free a year and a half ago when I bought my XBOX ONE X bundle. I downloaded it with the code at the time but that was it.

Is this something I can reasonably jump into now, having never even loaded it up? I was a huge Fallout fan until they did this. I've purposefully stayed away from everything I could read about this game. Shunned it. But I'm not willing to reconsider. But is it worth it?
There are froobs for you to play with. What more do you need?
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Herky

Post by Herky »

Mandatory wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:35 pm This game came free a year and a half ago when I bought my XBOX ONE X bundle. I downloaded it with the code at the time but that was it.

Is this something I can reasonably jump into now, having never even loaded it up? I was a huge Fallout fan until they did this. I've purposefully stayed away from everything I could read about this game. Shunned it. But I'm not willing to reconsider. But is it worth it?
I stayed away until a few months ago and bought it cheap. It's fun but I haven't played since Wastelanders was released.

Tommy Hawk is fun to play with on XBOX, and there's this crazy guy from Tennessee that friended me who is literally on all the time and has tons of loot to share. He's hilarious. Tommy and I played with him one night and he can just clear out areas with ease and help out.

I like it more than I thought I would. Need to get back into playing it. Herkyalert is my XBOX tag if you want to play sometime. Sometimes I get hammered and play which is fun.
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

I need PS4 froobs to play with. I'm running a junkies commando build now and can wipe out about anything.
Let's get Tropical
Mandatory
***Official MNRC HOF Member***

Post by Mandatory »

I have it on XBOX. Is it functionally the same as FO4? Pretty much same engine but with online aspects?
I am a part of all whom I have met. - Alfred the Great

#BaltimoreStrong
Tommy_Hawk

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

Mandatory wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 4:08 pm I have it on XBOX. Is it functionally the same as FO4? Pretty much same engine but with online aspects?
Pretty much. Factions are different. The online community is top notch and the high level players love helping out newer players, giving them good stuff, explaining the game economy, helping them build CAMPs and assisting them with events.

The game is a lot better now than it was day-1 as far as glitches go. I'd sure try it out.
Trees Make Great Neighbors

Sir Cort Godfrey of the Nessie Alliance summoned the help of Scotland's local wizards to cast a protective spell over the lake for the peaceful existence of our underwater ally.
Tommy_Hawk

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

Herky wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:36 am

I stayed away until a few months ago and bought it cheap. It's fun but I haven't played since Wastelanders was released.

Tommy Hawk is fun to play with on XBOX, and there's this crazy guy from Tennessee that friended me who is literally on all the time and has tons of loot to share. He's hilarious. Tommy and I played with him one night and he can just clear out areas with ease and help out.

I like it more than I thought I would. Need to get back into playing it. Herkyalert is my XBOX tag if you want to play sometime. Sometimes I get hammered and play which is fun.
:beer:

I was drunk that night too. I took pictures after Tennessee dude (he's on ALL the time :lol: ) showed us how to sneak through locked doors, and those pics pop up every now and again during load screens. Playing with Froobs is so fun. Jffl is fun to play with on PS4 too, but he's like 50 levels ahead of me now, so I end up tagging along with him. Good times!

Sir Cort Godfrey of the Nessie Alliance summoned the help of Scotland's local wizards to cast a protective spell over the lake for the peaceful existence of our underwater ally.
Tommy_Hawk

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

jffl_commish wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 3:59 pm I need PS4 froobs to play with. I'm running a junkies commando build now and can wipe out about anything.
You gotta talk Abe into playing. He creeps around and Solo's it, so you just gotta pop up out of nowhere in the middle of a firefight and save his ass.

jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

Big update dropping this morning, introducing the colossus wendigo event.
Let's get Tropical
Herky

Post by Herky »

What was the latest update?
Tommy_Hawk

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

Herky wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:43 am What was the latest update?
Nerfs, cosmetics, and bug fixes. BOS should be coming soon.

Herky

Post by Herky »

Tommy_Hawk wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 10:12 am
Herky wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:43 am What was the latest update?
Nerfs, cosmetics, and bug fixes. BOS should be coming soon.
:thumbsup: Seems like whenever I step away from my Xbox and play some PlayStation there is a new FO76 update when I sign in.
Herky

Post by Herky »

Alright Shitkickers it's time to get back into this. I have 18 days off starting Dec 10th. Bought this game for a buddy for an early Christmas so will have another person to wreck shit with.

He's going to do some solo play to get the hang of it and then I'll look for Tommy Hawk and the dude from the south who's always on and we can have a foursome. No homo.
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

Sounds like dong to me.
Let's get Tropical
Tommy_Hawk

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

Herky wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 11:18 am Alright Shitkickers it's time to get back into this. I have 18 days off starting Dec 10th. Bought this game for a buddy for an early Christmas so will have another person to wreck shit with.

He's going to do some solo play to get the hang of it and then I'll look for Tommy Hawk and the dude from the south who's always on and we can have a foursome. No homo.
Apparently Bethesda accidentally dropped Steel Dawn six weeks earlier than intended. Thats the BOS update. Haven't hopped on since, but if you're into Brotherhood of Steel, there's nowbNOC action and missions available.

Get Abe to spend $12 for an XBox copy of the game, and let's fuck shit up.

Herky

Post by Herky »

Tommy_Hawk wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 1:44 pm
Herky wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 11:18 am Alright Shitkickers it's time to get back into this. I have 18 days off starting Dec 10th. Bought this game for a buddy for an early Christmas so will have another person to wreck shit with.

Apparently Bethesda accidentally dropped Steel Dawn six weeks earlier than intended. Thats the BOS update. Haven't hopped on since, but if you're into Brotherhood of Steel, there's nowbNOC action and missions available.

Yeah Abe buy this!
Herky

Post by Herky »

Tommy_Hawk wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 1:44 pm

I jumped back on and played for the first time in months Friday night. A buddy of mine bought the game and just got started. We are gonna play Friday night around 9:30pm. Beers will flow so join us.
Tommy_Hawk

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

Okay :beer:

jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

I was hardcore all-in on that game for quite a while. Now, I haven't touched it in months.
Let's get Tropical
Tommy_Hawk

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

jffl_commish wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 1:38 pm I was hardcore all-in on that game for quite a while. Now, I haven't touched it in months.
:lol:

You really were, man. Every time I got on, you were like 40 levels higher than before. Wastelanders hasn't even been out for a year yet. Crazy.

jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

Tommy_Hawk wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 3:38 pm
jffl_commish wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 1:38 pm I was hardcore all-in on that game for quite a while. Now, I haven't touched it in months.

You really were, man. Every time I got on, you were like 40 levels higher than before. Wastelanders hasn't even been out for a year yet. Crazy.
The good old days. I got bored quick when I ran out of story. Doing the same daily's all the time just didn't work for me.
Let's get Tropical
Tommy_Hawk

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

jffl_commish wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 9:58 pm
Tommy_Hawk wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 3:38 pm

The good old days. I got bored quick when I ran out of story. Doing the same daily's all the time just didn't work for me.
My Xbox buddy said when BOS came out, he beat everything new in 2 like hours :roll:

Oh well, when you're max level and new dlc comes out, you're going to bull doze it. For people whom haven't played yet, or just started, the dlc adds more game I guess, but it's not really enough for vets to wait around for. I probably put 50+ hours into that game so I feel like I got my money's worth for two copies.

Tommy_Hawk

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

Word on the street is FO76 is going to allow you to have more than one CAMP. That means if you spent a lot of time and effort and Atoms building one CAMP and you're at budget, but you like to build, you can keep the old one, and load into the Wastelands and build a new one, somewhere else. You can only use one CAMP at a time, but if you like to build, this allows you the flexibility to expand your horizons.

On XBox, I've only ever had the one CAMP, and it's maxed out, and I don't want to destroy it to build a new one, so this should be cool. Also, a new patch came out this week, and your storage weight moved from 800 to 1200, so thats kinda neat.

Its nice to see Bethesda add stuff that makes people who've beaten everything and have all God roll weapons want to play more.

Mandatory

Post by Mandatory »

When is there going to be news about the next Fallout?

As someone who believes the "always online" trend has sort of ruined gaming, I absolutely never could get into Fallout 76. I bought it, but still to this day haven't loaded it up.

#BaltimoreStrong
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

Mandatory wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 9:55 pm When is there going to be news about the next Fallout?

As someone who believes the "always online" trend has sort of ruined gaming, I absolutely never could get into Fallout 76. I bought it, but still to this day haven't loaded it up.
I doubt there is one on this upcoming gen. These games take so long to make anymore. I mean we got one fucking game from Rockstar all last gen.

They are working on Elder Scrolls 6 and it's not supposed to come out until 2026. Probably sometime after that unless another developer works on it like New Vegas.

I hated Fallout 4 myself but loved 3.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

Has anything new come out on this game lately? I've thought about firing it up for the first time on the PS5 to see. Kind of waiting on some DLC for Cyberpunk
Let's get Tropical
Mandatory

Post by Mandatory »

Bit the bullet and bought it on my PS5. Never played before.. wish me luck.

#BaltimoreStrong
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

Mandatory wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 11:50 am Bit the bullet and bought it on my PS5. Never played before.. wish me luck.
Have fun!

I can hope on there sometime and load you up with some stuff if you'd like. Weapons, armor, junk, etc....
Let's get Tropical
Mandatory

Post by Mandatory »

jffl_commish wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 12:04 pm
Mandatory wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 11:50 am Bit the bullet and bought it on my PS5. Never played before.. wish me luck.
Have fun!

I can hope on there sometime and load you up with some stuff if you'd like. Weapons, armor, junk, etc....
I just got out of the vault. I'm pretty unfamiliar with online games like this. But I'm excited. mnvikings7

#BaltimoreStrong
Tommy_Hawk

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

Damnit! I just gave away my PS4.

Have fun in the Wastelands, fellas. Deathclaw Island, FTW!

RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

I hope you like the same game as you would have played with your marked up PS5 that you would have played on PS4.

Can you name me your wow moment on PS5?

Lulz

#Consumers
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master