Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Assasin's Creed Odyssey

Video game themed message board
LordNu

Re: Assasin's Creed Odyssey

Post by LordNu »

Abe Froman wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:52 pm Has anyone played the Atlantis DLC for this game? I bought Odyessey on Black Friday because it was only $15 but for some stupid reason that DLC caught my eye and I kinda want to.play it.
Playing it at the moment, last bit before I am done with it. I guess you can just go straight to the DLC if you want, but you'll have to play through the first two episodes of that particular DLC before getting to "Atlantis".
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

How many hours is this game? I've played a lot and feel like I have forever to go. This world seems so massive, and damn it's beautiful at times.

The little war deals, I have a couple ready to go but can't figure out where to go to start them? I've been siding with Sparta for the most part.
Let's get Tropical
Mandatory
***Official MNRC HOF Member***

Post by Mandatory »

Abe, if you are basing whether you buy the game off of one short DLC just don't even bother. The game is excellent and I guarantee that opinion is not based on just the DLC. Read some of the comments that people are sharing about their experiences. If that doesn't sell you it's not for you, bro.
I am a part of all whom I have met. - Alfred the Great

#BaltimoreStrong
Mandatory

Post by Mandatory »

Abe Froman wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 12:17 pm
Mandatory wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 10:53 am Abe, if you are basing whether you buy the game off of one short DLC just don't even bother. The game is excellent and I guarantee that opinion is not based on just the DLC. Read some of the comments that people are sharing about their experiences. If that doesn't sell you it's not for you, bro.
No, I already bought the game on BF when it was $15. I'm just asking because Idk whether or not to buy the DLC or not. Since I bought the actual game on the cheap, the DLC could actually cost as much as the game did if I don't wait on it until some sort of sale. If it's amazing, I'll just buy it. If it's just alright, I'll wait.
Ahh.. well I would hold off. Play the game itself.. and then later on pick up the DLC when it's no doubt cheap. It's definitely not meant to be played first, so I'd wait.

#BaltimoreStrong
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

Abe Froman wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 7:58 am
LordNu wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 5:35 pm
Abe Froman wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:52 pm Has anyone played the Atlantis DLC for this game? I bought Odyessey on Black Friday because it was only $15 but for some stupid reason that DLC caught my eye and I kinda want to.play it.
Playing it at the moment, last bit before I am done with it. I guess you can just go straight to the DLC if you want, but you'll have to play through the first two episodes of that particular DLC before getting to "Atlantis".
Let me know if it's worth buying. I managed to pick up about 9 games over Black Friday and Cyber Monday so I haven't even downloaded AC Odyessey yet.
Wait for a sale. I was maybe 120 hours through before I started the DLC. It's a beautiful world, which is why I have spent so much time in it. First DLC was rotten, and didn't allow a certain thing to happen because it made me feel sick to force my character into it (forced relationship). If you get into the game, you will end up wanting to get the DLC, it is as simple as that. I have the same issue with you that I have so many games to play, but these new Assassin's Creeds take hours and hours. I actually can't wait to finish and move on with my (gaming) life.

To the comment above about how long:120 or so hours for main game, another 30 or so for the DLC. Heading towards 150 hours atm.
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

Abe Froman wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 1:01 am
LordNu wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 5:08 pm
Abe Froman wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 7:58 am
Let me know if it's worth buying. I managed to pick up about 9 games over Black Friday and Cyber Monday so I haven't even downloaded AC Odyessey yet.
Wait for a sale. I was maybe 120 hours through before I started the DLC. It's a beautiful world, which is why I have spent so much time in it. First DLC was rotten, and didn't allow a certain thing to happen because it made me feel sick to force my character into it (forced relationship). If you get into the game, you will end up wanting to get the DLC, it is as simple as that. I have the same issue with you that I have so many games to play, but these new Assassin's Creeds take hours and hours. I actually can't wait to finish and move on with my (gaming) life.

To the comment above about how long:120 or so hours for main game, another 30 or so for the DLC. Heading towards 150 hours atm.
Sort of stupid... I picked up 9 games recently, but do you know what game I've nearly beaten over the past few days? Uncharted 4. As I was downloading the new PS4 games I bought I noticed one brand new game sitting on the shelf in the shrink-wrap. It was a copy uncharted 4 I picked up on the cheap a while ago. Totally forgot I bought it... So... that's what I've been playing. Not the crazy VR games, not borderlands 3 or Seikero... not even AC Odyessey... Uncharted 4. And I'm loving it.
Well ya. Uncharted 4 is better than any of the mentioned games. It's one of the good games this gen.

Did you play Last Guardian?
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 1:15 am

Sort of stupid... I picked up 9 games recently, but do you know what game I've nearly beaten over the past few days? Uncharted 4. As I was downloading the new PS4 games I bought I noticed one brand new game sitting on the shelf in the shrink-wrap. It was a copy uncharted 4 I picked up on the cheap a while ago. Totally forgot I bought it... So... that's what I've been playing. Not the crazy VR games, not borderlands 3 or Seikero... not even AC Odyessey... Uncharted 4. And I'm loving it.
Uncharted 4 is one of the few good games this gen. One of the best games on PS4.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

Just found out you can go battle a Minotaur, so I'm definitely hunting that down tonight. I'm only level 27 yet, so I assume I'll get my ass kicked.
Let's get Tropical
Mandatory

Post by Mandatory »

So I loaded it up last night. Last save date was Oct of 2018 so it's been a while. I was only about 16 hours in so I went ahead and restarted. Thanks a lot guys!

I guess Death Stranding, Jedi Fallen Order, Red Dead Redemption 2(I had planned to get back into) are all on hold now.

#BaltimoreStrong
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

Mandatory wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:54 am So I loaded it up last night. Last save date was Oct of 2018 so it's been a while. I was only about 16 hours in so I went ahead and restarted. Thanks a lot guys!

I guess Death Stranding, Jedi Fallen Order, Red Dead Redemption 2(I had planned to get back into) are all on hold now.
I absolutely love this game. It's so massive and beautiful. It's a little overwhelming at times with so much going on, and such a big world to explore, but it's amazing at the same time.
Let's get Tropical
Mandatory

Post by Mandatory »

jffl_commish wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 11:04 am
Mandatory wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:54 am So I loaded it up last night. Last save date was Oct of 2018 so it's been a while. I was only about 16 hours in so I went ahead and restarted. Thanks a lot guys!

I absolutely love this game. It's so massive and beautiful. It's a little overwhelming at times with so much going on, and such a big world to explore, but it's amazing at the same time.
Couldn't' agree more. I was disappointed to see that I only ever got about 16 hours in, but in my defense RDR2 kinda just overshadowed it.

#BaltimoreStrong
Tommy_Hawk

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

You guys are going to talk ME into buying this game. Thanks alot Assholes :x
Trees Make Great Neighbors

Sir Cort Godfrey of the Nessie Alliance summoned the help of Scotland's local wizards to cast a protective spell over the lake for the peaceful existence of our underwater ally.
Mandatory

Post by Mandatory »

Tommy_Hawk wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 12:01 pm You guys are going to talk ME into buying this game. Thanks alot Assholes :x
Forget everything you've thought about how far the AC series had fallen. It took what made Black Flag great(ship and island hopping) and they created a whole new game. It has dialogue options, something I forgot about. And you can't overstate just how awesome a job they did creating Ancient Greece.

#BaltimoreStrong
Tommy_Hawk

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

Mandatory wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 12:03 pm
Tommy_Hawk wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 12:01 pm You guys are going to talk ME into buying this game. Thanks alot Assholes :x
Forget everything you've thought about how far the AC series had fallen. It took what made Black Flag great(ship and island hopping) and they created a whole new game. It has dialogue options, something I forgot about. And you can't overstate just how awesome a job they did creating Ancient Greece.
The last AC I played was II (or the Revolutionary War one). I didnt really like it. I thought it would be different. However, I see this game is different so.. :thinking:

Sir Cort Godfrey of the Nessie Alliance summoned the help of Scotland's local wizards to cast a protective spell over the lake for the peaceful existence of our underwater ally.
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

Well ya. Uncharted 4 is better than any of the mentioned games. It's one of the good games this gen.

I played an hour of it but then went on with something else. Good?
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

LordNu wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 4:45 pm

I played an hour of it but then went on with something else. Good?
Yes.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

Tommy_Hawk wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 12:06 pm
Mandatory wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 12:03 pm
The last AC I played was II (or the Revolutionary War one). I didnt really like it. I thought it would be different. However, I see this game is different so.. :thinking:
Massively different. In a good way.
Let's get Tropical
Mandatory

Post by Mandatory »

AC has always been good about immersing you in their world and time period. Renaissance Florence, Crusader States, Revolutionary France, Victorian England, Piracy in the Caribbean etc... they did such an excellent job with this one. Caused me to spend a lot of time on Wikipedia.

I'm anxious where they'll go next. I read rumors that it would be a Viking game but I think that was just speculation.

#BaltimoreStrong
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

Mandatory wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:46 am AC has always been good about immersing you in their world and time period. Renaissance Florence, Crusader States, Revolutionary France, Victorian England, Piracy in the Caribbean etc... they did such an excellent job with this one. Caused me to spend a lot of time on Wikipedia.

I'm anxious where they'll go next. I read rumors that it would be a Viking game but I think that was just speculation.
A Viking game????? Fuck yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Let's get Tropical
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

I'm trying to work on chasing down all of the Cultists. You really get a feel for how massive this world is when you start doing that. So many are in places I haven't even been close to yet.

Athens alone is bigger than some games.
Let's get Tropical
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

Mandatory wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:46 am AC has always been good about immersing you in their world and time period. Renaissance Florence, Crusader States, Revolutionary France, Victorian England, Piracy in the Caribbean etc... they did such an excellent job with this one. Caused me to spend a lot of time on Wikipedia.

It's been speculated because of easter eggs in other games. I think it makes sense for them to have it as a Nordic mythological game, as the games are all tied in with ancient gods and mythology.
Tommy_Hawk

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

I went shopping yesterday with family. I stopped in Game Stop to poke around, and I didn't see it. I didn't ask homeboy behind the counter because I didn't want to be pressured to buy anything, I just wanted to take a look.

On a side note, I almost bought Kingdom Come for $15, but didn't want to get immersed into a different game.

jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

Tommy_Hawk wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 6:04 am I went shopping yesterday with family. I stopped in Game Stop to poke around, and I didn't see it. I didn't ask homeboy behind the counter because I didn't want to be pressured to buy anything, I just wanted to take a look.

On a side note, I almost bought Kingdom Come for $15, but didn't want to get immersed into a different game.
Huge sale at Playstation today. Ultimate is even on sale. Happy shopping.
Last edited by jffl_commish on Fri Dec 13, 2019 8:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Let's get Tropical
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

Fighting 3 mercs/bounty hunters at the same time is a pain in the ass.
Let's get Tropical
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

The boss fights are pretty intense.
Spoiler:
Took out the two Cyclops brothers, facing the Minotaur after the Vikings game.
Let's get Tropical
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

You're racing through! BTW I am finished with it. Once you have beaten the Atlantis DLC, tell me. Need to discuss.
Tommy_Hawk

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

LordNu wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 4:31 pm You're racing through! BTW I am finished with it. Once you have beaten the Atlantis DLC, tell me. Need to discuss.
Everytime I play a little Fallout, I see he's online playing his ass off all hours of the day! His infatuation is making me really want to get this game..

jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

LordNu wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 4:31 pm You're racing through! BTW I am finished with it. Once you have beaten the Atlantis DLC, tell me. Need to discuss.
I have played a ridiculous amount of hours on it. I'm at level 48 already. I guess it helps a little that this is my slow time of year for work.

The Cultists thing is pretty cool too. I've got a long ways to go on that. Two more round on the Arena yet too.
Let's get Tropical
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

Tommy_Hawk wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 9:02 pm
Everytime I play a little Fallout, I see he's online playing his ass off all hours of the day! His infatuation is making me really want to get this game..
That I am. Loving this game. Did you pick it up this weekend on their crazy sale? I seriously thought about buying the top edition version. At $24, why not?
Let's get Tropical
Tommy_Hawk

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

jffl_commish wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 9:26 pm
Tommy_Hawk wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 9:02 pm
That I am. Loving this game. Did you pick it up this weekend on their crazy sale? I seriously thought about buying the top edition version. At $24, why not?
Not yet.. I bought a used XBox so I can play online with my brother. This is my next game to buy besides Cyber Punk