Assasin's Creed Odyssey

Video game themed message board
jffl_commish

Re: Assasin's Creed Odyssey

Post by jffl_commish » Thu Apr 30, 2020 10:39 am

Sweet! Odyssey was awesome. Hopefully this carries that on.
Let's get Tropical

Jimi_Thing

Post by Jimi_Thing » Tue Oct 20, 2020 10:24 pm

Thanks to the Rubes who gave this positives reviews or else I would have ignored this release. I grew a bit tired of AC games because they've been pretty much the same game. I just recently started this game (level 15) and it's one of the best games I've ever played.

LordNu

Post by LordNu » Wed Oct 21, 2020 12:39 am

I remember very fondly. Loved the world they created.

jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish » Wed Oct 21, 2020 8:18 am

Jimi_Thing wrote:
Tue Oct 20, 2020 10:24 pm
Thanks to the Rubes who gave this positives reviews or else I would have ignored this release. I grew a bit tired of AC games because they've been pretty much the same game. I just recently started this game (level 15) and it's one of the best games I've ever played.
Agreed. It's so different than every other AC game. The world is amazing. I hope Valhalla follows this path.
Let's get Tropical

Jimi_Thing

Post by Jimi_Thing » Wed Oct 21, 2020 8:31 am

jffl_commish wrote:
Wed Oct 21, 2020 8:18 am
Jimi_Thing wrote:
Agreed. It's so different than every other AC game. The world is amazing. I hope Valhalla follows this path.
I typically play around 3 games a year. Earlier this year I grinded through and completed Kingdom Come which I enjoyed but this game is far superior and a welcome change of pace to the slow grind of Kingdome Come. The Spartan kick early on in this game has helped me quite a bit to defeat mercenaries and dominate when overtaking ships.

jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish » Wed Oct 21, 2020 8:37 am

Jimi_Thing wrote:
Wed Oct 21, 2020 8:31 am
jffl_commish wrote:
Jimi_Thing wrote:
I typically play around 3 games a year. Earlier this year I grinded through and completed Kingdom Come which I enjoyed but this game is far superior and a welcome change of pace to the slow grind of Kingdome Come. The Spartan kick early on in this game has helped me quite a bit to defeat mercenaries and dominate when overtaking ships.
You'll need that and more when you get to the legendary animal hunts and battling the mythical creatures. Medussa was probably the hardest thing for me in the game to beat.
Let's get Tropical

Jimi_Thing

Post by Jimi_Thing » Wed Oct 28, 2020 2:22 pm

Finally killed that god damn legendary boar last night. Fuck that was hard. I think I beat him due to a glitch though. When he went towards the cave the 2nd time to respawn more boars, I attacked the shit out of him, he didn't fight back and the normal boars weren't fucking with me until after the legendary boar was dead. I don't give a fuck....a win is a win. I must have died at least 20 times trying to kill that fucker.

jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish » Wed Oct 28, 2020 2:57 pm

Jimi_Thing wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 2:22 pm
Finally killed that god damn legendary boar last night. Fuck that was hard. I think I beat him due to a glitch though. When he went towards the cave the 2nd time to respawn more boars, I attacked the shit out of him, he didn't fight back and the normal boars weren't fucking with me until after the legendary boar was dead. I don't give a fuck....a win is a win. I must have died at least 20 times trying to kill that fucker.
Yeah, that thing is a bitch. I think that was the hardest legendary for me. They're all hard, but the damn gas farts that one had were brutal.
Let's get Tropical

Herky

Post by Herky » Thu Oct 29, 2020 1:11 am

jffl_commish wrote:
Wed Oct 21, 2020 8:37 am
Jimi_Thing wrote:
Wed Oct 21, 2020 8:31 am
jffl_commish wrote:

You'll need that and more when you get to the legendary animal hunts and battling the mythical creatures. Medussa was probably the hardest thing for me in the game to beat.
I gave up trying to beat Medussa.

Mandatory
Eats shit.

Post by Mandatory » Thu Oct 29, 2020 9:19 am

Just put the game on easy for just the one battle. I personally play on easy. I don't care and I have fun.
"Therefore, he seems to me a very foolish man, and truly wretched, who will not increase his understanding while he is in the world, and ever wish and long to reach that endless life where all shall be made clear." - Alfred the Great

LordNu

Post by LordNu » Thu Oct 29, 2020 5:12 pm

I levelled up ridiculously before taking anything on, so it was all easy. I bumped into the level 70 bounty hunter at some stage and destroyed him within seconds, and I wasn't at that level at the time.

The Golden fleece armour rules.