Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Cyberpunk 2077

Video game themed message board
Winston

Re: Cyberpunk 2077

Post by Winston »

I am downloading now from the STEAM Halloween sale. I wanted another DLSS title and it was a coin flip winner over Red Dead Redemption 2. Guardians of the Galaxy is a great DLSS title I got for free from purchasing a new Nvidia machine, but I can't recommend a 20hr game on any system for $60 unless you are a big fan.

I game on a 2560x1080 screen and I have old eyes, so I go for the FPS of DLSS ultra-performance over the quality settings Nvidia thinks I should be in as I can't see much if any difference in graphics but can notice lag. I might try some on the 15" 1080 laptop screen as it has a refresh rate of up to 300.
Winston

Post by Winston »

Nomad, Streetkid, or Corpo?

Nomad for my first try.
Tommy_Hawk

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

Winston wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 4:00 pm Nomad, Streetkid, or Corpo?

Nomad for my first try.
Intro is different per choice, as are some dialog choices.
Trees Make Great Neighbors

Sir Cort Godfrey of the Nessie Alliance summoned the help of Scotland's local wizards to cast a protective spell over the lake for the peaceful existence of our underwater ally.
Mandatory
***Official MNRC HOF Member***

Post by Mandatory »

Tommy_Hawk wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 11:02 pm
Winston wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 4:00 pm Nomad, Streetkid, or Corpo?

Nomad for my first try.
Intro is different per choice, as are some dialog choices.
Yeah, I found all told it was basically a different 30 mins of the game and some unique dialogue (ultimately makes no difference) during the main quest chain. I played all 3 intros and found them all fun. My personal favorite is probably corpo, but it was street kid for a long time. Nomad is really really good as well though.
I am a part of all whom I have met. - Alfred the Great

#BaltimoreStrong
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

This game still crashes a shit ton.
Let's get Tropical
Jimi_Thing

Post by Jimi_Thing »

jffl_commish wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 8:33 pm This game still crashes a shit ton.
What system are you playing it on? Or is it like this for all systems?
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

Jimi_Thing wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 12:15 pm
jffl_commish wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 8:33 pm This game still crashes a shit ton.
I'm on PS5. Not sure on all.
Let's get Tropical
Jimi_Thing

Post by Jimi_Thing »

jffl_commish wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 12:28 pm
Thanks. I thought the crashing was mostly on the last gen systems. Didn't realize it's doing this on the PS5 too.
Tommy_Hawk

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

Jimi_Thing wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 12:37 pm
jffl_commish wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 12:28 pm

Thanks. I thought the crashing was mostly on the last gen systems. Didn't realize it's doing this on the PS5 too.
I thought it was pretty decent on XBOX One this summer, sincerely. A couple times out of like 50 hours it glitches.

Sir Cort Godfrey of the Nessie Alliance summoned the help of Scotland's local wizards to cast a protective spell over the lake for the peaceful existence of our underwater ally.
salamander

Post by salamander »

I just started the Witcher 3. For some reason I started this years ago and then kind of quit after White Orchard. (Also sucked at gwent and hated it)

This time around, I'm loving gwent and can barely put the game down. I have no clue why it didn't grab me the first time.
It's been 32 years since one of MN's four major sports teams has been to the Championship/Superbowl.
Every single year is failure until we win one. 4 teams, 32 years. That's roughly 128 consecutive failed seasons.
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

salamander wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 3:37 pm I just started the Witcher 3. For some reason I started this years ago and then kind of quit after White Orchard. (Also sucked at gwent and hated it)

This time around, I'm loving gwent and can barely put the game down. I have no clue why it didn't grab me the first time.
Maybe same reason I struggled first go around, but liked it the second time. I didn't understand the special card thing and didn't know how to use them. Second time around I learned that and got better because of it.
Let's get Tropical
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

A very underrated part of this game is just walking up to random gang members and shooting them in the head and no one cares.
Let's get Tropical
Abe Froman
***Official MNRC HOF Member***

Post by Abe Froman »

jffl_commish wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 9:11 am A very underrated part of this game is just walking up to random gang members and shooting them in the head and no one cares.
I know, it really reminds me of Monopoly.
I made this!
Jimi_Thing

Post by Jimi_Thing »

jffl_commish wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 3:49 pm
salamander wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 3:37 pm I just started the Witcher 3. For some reason I started this years ago and then kind of quit after White Orchard. (Also sucked at gwent and hated it)

Maybe same reason I struggled first go around, but liked it the second time. I didn't understand the special card thing and didn't know how to use them. Second time around I learned that and got better because of it.
I loved playing that Gwent game. I even downloaded the Gwent app on my phone before I pumped the breaks and told myself to move the fuck on. lol
Tommy_Hawk

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

Jimi_Thing wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 11:59 am

I loved playing that Gwent game. I even downloaded the Gwent app on my phone before I pumped the breaks and told myself to move the fuck on. lol
Is this a good way to make crowns in the game? I skipped the tutorial and don't know how to play.

jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

Tommy_Hawk wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 2:30 pm

Is this a good way to make crowns in the game? I skipped the tutorial and don't know how to play.
A little, but not really. Pretty slow way to make anything.
Let's get Tropical
Tommy_Hawk

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

jffl_commish wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 2:55 pm

A little, but not really. Pretty slow way to make anything.
I kinda thought so. My gear is set for every couple levels by now, so every piece looted usually gets sold and I don't have much else to buy anymore.

Jimi_Thing

Post by Jimi_Thing »

Not really. A good way to kill time is about it.
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

Wait, Claire used to be a dude?
Let's get Tropical
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

Big news!

Cyberpunk 2077@CyberpunkGamePatch 1.5 is coming soon to PC, Stadia, and consoles!

It brings various improvements to the game, numerous quest and gameplay fixes, as well as a number of free DLCs. On top of that, it contains the next-gen update PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series S/X!

https://cp2077.ly/PatchNotes1.5
Let's get Tropical
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

58GB download, FYI
Let's get Tropical
Tommy_Hawk

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

👍

Love this game. Have you played post-update yet, ThreeBall?

jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

I logged in quick this morning to check it out. Your holo blows up with messages from everywhere pretty much. I think I'll start over and play through the new things as they come along.
Let's get Tropical
Tommy_Hawk

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

jffl_commish wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 9:01 am I logged in quick this morning to check it out. Your holo blows up with messages from everywhere pretty much. I think I'll start over and play through the new things as they come along.
Is that on your game you beat already, or the new one you started?

jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

Tommy_Hawk wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 6:08 pm
jffl_commish wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 9:01 am I logged in quick this morning to check it out. Your holo blows up with messages from everywhere pretty much. I think I'll start over and play through the new things as they come along.
Is that on your game you beat already, or the new one you started?
That one was on a mid-play character. I did start all over again this afternoon. Initial thoughts, it's harder. Taking on gangs used to be really easy. Now, I'm popping meds like crazy to survive them. There doesn't seem to be as much junk lying around either.
Let's get Tropical
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

Duh to me, I didn't realize with the big update that I had to download the PS5 version too. So, just got that done. We'll see how that goes.
Let's get Tropical