Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Cyberpunk 2077

Video game themed message board
salamander

Re: Cyberpunk 2077

Post by salamander »

jffl_commish wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 9:25 am I started over for the last time, maybe...... Anyway, I didn't do the biochip mission with Jackie until I was already street cred level 20 and player level 15ish I think? I just kept running around doing that first fixer lady gigs, NCPD gigs, rando stuff. Money wasn't a problem doing all of that, that's for sure.

Building a tech weapon sniper assassin.
Ooooo. Sniper hashashin.
It's been 32 years since one of MN's four major sports teams has been to the Championship/Superbowl.
Every single year is failure until we win one. 4 teams, 32 years. That's roughly 128 consecutive failed seasons.
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

salamander wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 12:29 pm
jffl_commish wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 9:25 am I started over for the last time, maybe...... Anyway, I didn't do the biochip mission with Jackie until I was already street cred level 20 and player level 15ish I think? I just kept running around doing that first fixer lady gigs, NCPD gigs, rando stuff. Money wasn't a problem doing all of that, that's for sure.

Ooooo. Sniper hashashin.
I've been doing some studying, found a video where a dude was doing ridiculous damage that way. I won't get to his level of expertise in the game, but looked fun none the less.
Let's get Tropical
salamander

Post by salamander »

jffl_commish wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 12:50 pm
salamander wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 12:29 pm

Ooooo. Sniper hashashin.
I've been doing some studying, found a video where a dude was doing ridiculous damage that way. I won't get to his level of expertise in the game, but looked fun none the less.
It's cool how many playstyles this game offers.
It's been 32 years since one of MN's four major sports teams has been to the Championship/Superbowl.
Every single year is failure until we win one. 4 teams, 32 years. That's roughly 128 consecutive failed seasons.
BuDG123

Post by BuDG123 »

Wife bought me my favorite beer and told me to relax and play some games for a few weeks. Been playing this game as a Tech Sniper - it’s a sneak/quick hack to soften them up then a charged headshot through walls for 14k build..at level 20 with 40 street cred - not sure If I need or want to craft - seems just upgrading a good rolled legendary dropped weapon would be plenty? Is anyone else playing this atm?
salamander

Post by salamander »

BuDG123 wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 10:48 am Wife bought me my favorite beer and told me to relax and play some games for a few weeks. Been playing this game as a Tech Sniper - it’s a sneak/quick hack to soften them up then a charged headshot through walls for 14k build..at level 20 with 40 street cred - not sure If I need or want to craft - seems just upgrading a good rolled legendary dropped weapon would be plenty? Is anyone else playing this atm?
I've been going Tech Mantis Blades and the only crafting I've needed is the upgraded Quickhacks. I use random weapons from time to time and most seem to do the job well.
Mandatory
***Official MNRC HOF Member***

Post by Mandatory »

Big patch out. Supposed to lay the groundworks for another soon to come patch.

Read it fixes a lot, but I don't know specifically what. Haven't played in probably 2 weeks.
I am a part of all whom I have met. - Alfred the Great

#BaltimoreStrong
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

No crashes, yet, since the newest update.
Let's get Tropical
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

jffl_commish wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 11:47 am No crashes, yet, since the newest update.
Update: a couple of crashes now. I've also noticed the game doesn't auto-save nearly as often, so the crashes set me back a long time if I forget to save on my own.
Let's get Tropical
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

I watched about 2-3 hours of this game during what i guess was mid-game and it looks mind numbingly boring. It's a conversation SIM. Maybe I'm missing something but this game was already made and better, it's called Deus Ex.
Tommy_Hawk

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

jffl_commish wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 1:39 pm
jffl_commish wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 11:47 am No crashes, yet, since the newest update.
Update: a couple of crashes now. I've also noticed the game doesn't auto-save nearly as often, so the crashes set me back a long time if I forget to save on my own.
You finish this game, Threeball? I want to get back into it after Christmas when I was last playing and also when I got it for my brother and he shit all over it.
Trees Make Great Neighbors

Sir Cort Godfrey of the Nessie Alliance summoned the help of Scotland's local wizards to cast a protective spell over the lake for the peaceful existence of our underwater ally.
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

Tommy_Hawk wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 10:28 pm
You finish this game, Threeball? I want to get back into it after Christmas when I was last playing and also when I got it for my brother and he shit all over it.
I did, I enjoyed it. I haven't gone back yet since all the updates/upgrades to check it out. Maybe I'll fire it up again after some DLC comes along. I sure do miss me some Panam.
Let's get Tropical
Tommy_Hawk

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

jffl_commish wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 2:35 pm

I did, I enjoyed it. I haven't gone back yet since all the updates/upgrades to check it out. Maybe I'll fire it up again after some DLC comes along. I sure do miss me some Panam.
Yeah, it was fun. Kinda slow butt similar to FO76 when it got a way worse rap then what it should have.

Sir Cort Godfrey of the Nessie Alliance summoned the help of Scotland's local wizards to cast a protective spell over the lake for the peaceful existence of our underwater ally.
Abe Froman

Post by Abe Froman »

Tommy_Hawk wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 5:59 pm

Yeah, it was fun. Kinda slow butt similar to FO76 when it got a way worse rap then what it should have.
I didn't think it was terribly broken on my Xbox 1x, but I had a hard time sitting around long enough to get into it. Did you play on a new console or one of the current gen ones?
I made this!
Tommy_Hawk

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

Abe Froman wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 8:00 pm

I didn't think it was terribly broken on my Xbox 1x, but I had a hard time sitting around long enough to get into it. Did you play on a new console or one of the current gen ones?
XBOX One. I thought the game was fine/fun. I was grinding the fuck out of it, leveling up. Somebody on this thread earlier (Sal?) said they were doing mostly Main missions, and skipping side missions which freaked me out so I was scraping the bottle of the barrel of side missions and stopping whatever I was doing to go stop a crime or whatever.

I talked to Jffl because I was on Xbox, and saw I was downloading a big fucking update for this game, and I think there's been at least a few others since I stopped playing last. I kinda want to get sucked in like I did Witcher 3, and the reason I didn't was the letdown at Xmas. However, it's been 8 months so maybe the game is now as it should have been upon release. 🤞

Abe Froman

Post by Abe Froman »

Tommy_Hawk wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 8:47 pm

XBOX One. I thought the game was fine/fun. I was grinding the fuck out of it, leveling up. Somebody on this thread earlier (Sal?) said they were doing mostly Main missions, and skipping side missions which freaked me out so I was scraping the bottle of the barrel of side missions and stopping whatever I was doing to go stop a crime or whatever.

I talked to Jffl because I was on Xbox, and saw I was downloading a big fucking update for this game, and I think there's been at least a few others since I stopped playing last. I kinda want to get sucked in like I did Witcher 3, and the reason I didn't was the letdown at Xmas. However, it's been 8 months so maybe the game is now as it should have been upon release. 🤞
Well, since it looks like I'll be taking a job with normal person hours again, I'll probably be getting my game on in the evenings again. I'll have to try to get back into this again.
I made this!
Tommy_Hawk

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

Abe Froman wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 9:34 pm

Well, since it looks like I'll be taking a job with normal person hours again, I'll probably be getting my game on in the evenings again. I'll have to try to get back into this again.
Congratulations, sincerely.

What console do you have Cyberpunk for?

Abe Froman

Post by Abe Froman »

Tommy_Hawk wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 9:39 pm
Abe Froman wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 9:34 pm

Congratulations, sincerely.

What console do you have Cyberpunk for?
Xbox 1x

I haven't bought a next gen console yet. Not enough incentive for me to take that plunge.
I made this!
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

Which job did you take?
Mandatory

Post by Mandatory »

The game was fun and even though I didn't really have issues myself all the negative press made it hard to stay interested. I haven't played since probably January, but maybe I'll jump back in if more DLC comes out.
I am a part of all whom I have met. - Alfred the Great

#BaltimoreStrong
Tommy_Hawk

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

Mandatory wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 9:40 am The game was fun and even though I didn't really have issues myself all the negative press made it hard to stay interested. I haven't played since probably January, but maybe I'll jump back in if more DLC comes out.
Im kinda in the same boat? Who do you think that was, the negative press?

Tommy_Hawk

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

Im back in! I started playing this again last night and the game purrs like a kitten now. Load tines are faster, no glitches (Xbox 1), and it's fucking fun as hell. If you stopped playing or never started, I WOOD recommend.

jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

Tommy_Hawk wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 8:49 pm Im back in! I started playing this again last night and the game purrs like a kitten now. Load tines are faster, no glitches (Xbox 1), and it's fucking fun as hell. If you stopped playing or never started, I WOOD recommend.
Bring on Panam's ass!
Let's get Tropical
Tommy_Hawk

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

jffl_commish wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 8:53 pm
Tommy_Hawk wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 8:49 pm Im back in! I started playing this again last night and the game purrs like a kitten now. Load tines are faster, no glitches (Xbox 1), and it's fucking fun as hell. If you stopped playing or never started, I WOOD recommend.
Bring on Panam's ass!

Tommy_Hawk

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

I'm having a blast playing this game. Zero glitches. It's scratches that itch.

Tommy_Hawk

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

Bring on Panam's ass!
Yeeeeeeah! :humper:

jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

Tommy_Hawk wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 11:04 pm
Bring on Panam's ass!
Yeeeeeeah! :humper:

She's whiny and annoying, but dat ass!!!
Let's get Tropical
Tommy_Hawk

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

Finished the game finally after almost doing all the side missions. I immediately started over and started playing again. This time I leveled up before I really got into the meat of the story. It feels different, and the way I'm getting to the same NCPD mission locations feels different. This game and the world is really good, really fun. Feels like a different game. This is probably the best game I've played since RDR2.

I'd recommend getting/playing this game, and just take your time. All the little NCOD Dispatch missions really just feature little nooks and crannies of the city. It's fun.

Norn_Iron

Post by Norn_Iron »

Got this last week for the PS5, hasn't crashed at all.

It is a little talk heavy, and I haven't got a clue whats going on, but I am enjoying shooting people in the face, and that seems to improve my handgun skills, making me even better at shooting people in the face

It is very similiar to Deus Ex, but its in an open world the size of GTA V, so whats not to love?
Self praise is no praise. But i am pretty great...
Tommy_Hawk

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

Norn_Iron wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 5:13 am Got this last week for the PS5, hasn't crashed at all.

It is a little talk heavy, and I haven't got a clue whats going on, but I am enjoying shooting people in the face, and that seems to improve my handgun skills, making me even better at shooting people in the face

It is very similiar to Deus Ex, but its in an open world the size of GTA V, so whats not to love?
:beer:

It's really fun man. The story is expectable, but the game and world is tremendous. It just feels "cool".

Herky

Post by Herky »

Once I upgrade to a current gen console this will be the first game I'm buying. Sounds like they fixed a lot of the big issues.