Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Cyberpunk 2077

Video game themed message board
salamander

Re: Cyberpunk 2077

Post by salamander »

jffl_commish wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 3:11 pm Panam with the best booty, so far anyway
Couldn't take my eyes off it.
It's been 32 years since one of MN's four major sports teams has been to the Championship/Superbowl.
Every single year is failure until we win one. 4 teams, 32 years. That's roughly 128 consecutive failed seasons.
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

Tommy_Hawk wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 3:33 pm
Abe Froman wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 1:42 pm
Tommy_Hawk wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 11:09 am

Actually...I was peaking on EBay, trying to find a One X, and there was one for like $225. But then I realized my TV is like 10 years old, so the features wouldn't really matter on an old tv, other then the console's gameplay..right?
Yeah, but the gameplay is kind of a big deal, and the upscaling of old games, especially red dead revolver, is pretty nice. But, if I were you I'd just hold out for a series s since it would only be another $75 but would give you even more than the one x.

My guess is prices on the one x are inflated for a short time due to the holidays and the shortage of next gen. Give it a month or two and I bet the one x becomes pretty reasonable.
My only other hesitation pulling the trigger, is that the transfer of files between my XBox One S (which works perfectly fine) to the XBox One X would take forever for games like CyberPunk and Fallout76.
If you don't care about having discs, buy a next gen Series S. It's only 300 dollars brand new and it shits on the One X in every way possible. Problem is finding one right now.

I actually just found someone to give me 280 for my One X which is a fantastic deal and I was able to order a Series S. going to be a couple weeks for delivery though since they are back ordered.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

salamander wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 5:05 pm
jffl_commish wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 3:11 pm Panam with the best booty, so far anyway
Couldn't take my eyes off it.
It is quite mesmerizing.
Let's get Tropical
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

Abe Froman wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 9:51 pm
Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 6:18 pm
Tommy_Hawk wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 3:33 pm

My only other hesitation pulling the trigger, is that the transfer of files between my XBox One S (which works perfectly fine) to the XBox One X would take forever for games like CyberPunk and Fallout76.
If you don't care about having discs, buy a next gen Series S. It's only 300 dollars brand new and it shits on the One X in every way possible. Problem is finding one right now.

I actually just found someone to give me 280 for my One X which is a fantastic deal and I was able to order a Series S. going to be a couple weeks for delivery though since they are back ordered.
Is it weird that I actually feel attached to these stupid consoles. Like if I were smart, I'd be trying to sell my One X right now too, but for some fucking reason I just think I'm actually gonna use it even after I get a series x. Thinking I'll put my older systems upstairs where I only game when my wife is gone. I won't. I bought a second gaming PC on the cheap last year (thanks for the heads up on it RT) because I thought I'd use it in the living room on occasion. I think I've turned it on 4 times this year. Two of those times were to watch hbo max because they were fighting with roku... So... Probably should part with my ps4 pro and one x now, right...
I get it back in the day but now I don't. Everything plays better in the new system. You are never going to turn the One X on just from load times. The SSD is the biggest improvement imo on these new systems.

If you already have one, fine but I was just trying to help a rube. Don't buy a One X now for 75 dollars less than a Series S unless you absolutely have to have discs or want a 4K blu ray player.

If you can get one for say 150, that's acceptable if you want to save some cash.

Series S gives better performance and you can play all the next gen games coming out in the future.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

Abe Froman wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 10:00 pm
Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 9:55 pm

Is it weird that I actually feel attached to these stupid consoles. Like if I were smart, I'd be trying to sell my One X right now too, but for some fucking reason I just think I'm actually gonna use it even after I get a series x. Thinking I'll put my older systems upstairs where I only game when my wife is gone. I won't. I bought a second gaming PC on the cheap last year (thanks for the heads up on it RT) because I thought I'd use it in the living room on occasion. I think I've turned it on 4 times this year. Two of those times were to watch hbo max because they were fighting with roku... So... Probably should part with my ps4 pro and one x now, right...
I get it back in the day but now I don't. Everything plays better in the new system. You are never going to turn the One X on just from load times. The SSD is the biggest improvement imo on these new systems.

If you already have one, fine but I was just trying to help a rube. Don't buy a One X now for 75 dollars less than a Series S unless you absolutely have to have discs or want a 4K blu ray player.

If you can get one for say 150, that's acceptable if you want to save some cash.

Series S gives better performance and you can play all the next gen games coming out in the future.
Yeah, I get that. I'm just pointing out how dumb and sort of weird it is that I hang on to ALL my old systems. I claim to collect them, but... I think I'm just a hoarder. I still have my old Atari jaguar and 3do, even my first gameboy and NES...
I have friends who are the same. I even have a friend who has a room setup where he has the real kiosks from Sears etc with the tube tv and a SNES hooked up to it just like we played in a store.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

Abe Froman wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 10:09 pm
Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 10:02 pm
Yeah, I get that. I'm just pointing out how dumb and sort of weird it is that I hang on to ALL my old systems. I claim to collect them, but... I think I'm just a hoarder. I still have my old Atari jaguar and 3do, even my first gameboy and NES...
I have friends who are the same. I even have a friend who has a room setup where he has the real kiosks from Sears etc with the tube tv and a SNES hooked up to it just like we played in a store.
I seriously looked into doing something like that. You can find decent older crt TV's for basically free if you move them. I was gonna look for a few and hook up like no more than 3 older consoles to each. I just didn't want to dedicate a whole room for it. Maybe if I buy a bigger home down the line.
You know they made HD, tube tvs? Even widescreen. I had a Sony super fine pitch. Look it up. I don't even think OLED beats it. It was flat out amazing. I would never have replace it but it shit the bed. It also 300 lbs. That was the worse part. It was a bitch even with 3 guys. I don't miss that. It's still one of the highest picture qualitys ever reviewed by the pros.

Nothing has impressed me to the point than that tv did.

It was also a 3 grand set in it's time.

I've had 4K sets etc since then and that tv still shits on them all.

Plasma was the best I have found since. I love my plasma. 720p Samsung and still sold my 4K after using it for awhile before selling my plasma. Resolution isn't everything. How your set handles motion, blacks etc is more important to a good picture imo.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

Abe Froman wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 10:38 pm
Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 10:14 pm
Abe Froman wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 10:09 pm

I seriously looked into doing something like that. You can find decent older crt TV's for basically free if you move them. I was gonna look for a few and hook up like no more than 3 older consoles to each. I just didn't want to dedicate a whole room for it. Maybe if I buy a bigger home down the line.
You know they made HD, tube tvs? Even widescreen. I had a Sony super fine pitch. Look it up. I don't even think OLED beats it. It was flat out amazing. I would never have replace it but it shit the bed. It also 300 lbs. That was the worse part. It was a bitch even with 3 guys. I don't miss that. It's still one of the highest picture qualitys ever reviewed by the pros.

Nothing has impressed me to the point than that tv did.

It was also a 3 grand set in it's time.

I've had 4K sets etc since then and that tv still shits on them all.

Plasma was the best I have found since. I love my plasma. 720p Samsung and still sold my 4K after using it for awhile before selling my plasma. Resolution isn't everything. How your set handles motion, blacks etc is more important to a good picture imo.
I still have two plasmas that I use regularly. Funny, they have to have quadrupled or more the amount of hours they said they'd be good for. I remember that being one of the big knocks on plasma when I was at best buy trying to decide what to get

My college roommate's mom had a big fucking tube tv like that that had to have weighed like 300lbs. She worked in California all winter so we lugged that fucking tv all the way up the steps to our 3rd floor apartment 4 times a year so she didn't know we were borrowing her tv when she came home in the summer and during holidays... The living room of that downtown apartment was so small the tv took up a quarter of it.... And it was totally fucking awesome!
Ha, I lived upstairs in a ghetto ass apartment when I had it. Narrow halls to carry the fucker through too.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
salamander

Post by salamander »

Now investors in CDPR are thinking of a class action lawsuit under "misrepresentation in order to obtain financial benefits."

I mean, I get that the game was trash for a week but its largely been fixed.
It's been 32 years since one of MN's four major sports teams has been to the Championship/Superbowl.
Every single year is failure until we win one. 4 teams, 32 years. That's roughly 128 consecutive failed seasons.
LwnmwrMan222

Post by LwnmwrMan222 »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 9:55 pm

2 weeks ago I finally ended up donating my PlayStation (yes original) Playstation 2 with 40 games and moved a PS3 into one kid's room because he wanted it for some game he still never plays but thinks he will.

We have (4) PS4's, each kid has bought his own for his room, one that stopped working, and then one I replaced with a PS5. I need to send in the one that stopped working and the one I replaced to have them fixed. The replaced one just sounds like a jet engine all the time. I need to get the fan cleaned.
My body, my choice.
salamander

Post by salamander »

Abe Froman wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 9:20 am
salamander wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 7:50 am Now investors in CDPR are thinking of a class action lawsuit under "misrepresentation in order to obtain financial benefits."

I think it sucks that CDPR is the company that is getting the book thrown at them when they seem like a company with gamers in mind more than a lot of others.

I seriously hope Bethesda and bioware are taking notes right now.
Yeah, totally agree. Yeah it came out how it was but the fix was pretty damn quick.
salamander

Post by salamander »

What are your guys builds?

I've been putting everything into intelligence and reflexes. Netrunner and Mantis Blades with some assault rifle stuff as backup when needed.

The mantis blades are super dope in this game. Its pretty fun running around a battle hacking enemies then hacking them to pieces. Take out half with quick hacks and half with the mantis blades.

The double jump implat (reinforced tendons i think) helps me get to high places to heal when needed. This is so far my favorite implant. Totally changes the entire game.

Also look up how to get the caliburn iconic car. Best car in the game.
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

salamander wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 7:50 am Now investors in CDPR are thinking of a class action lawsuit under "misrepresentation in order to obtain financial benefits."

I think it sucks that CDPR is the company that is getting the book thrown at them when they seem like a company with gamers in mind more than a lot of others.

They deserve it though. Management is probably 100% that fucked this up. The actual devs were breaking their backs trying to ship this game. They told management their timelines were not reasonable with the work they had to do. Imagine if this shipped in February when they think this game is going to be good and completely fixed. They delayed it so many times already. What's 2 more months?

Again this game beneath the bugs isn't some tranformitive game the hype would indicate. Its an alright Deus Ex/GTA hybrid. That's pretty disappointing. The writing I thought would have been a lot better.
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
Mandatory
***Official MNRC HOF Member***

Post by Mandatory »

YBBR wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 1:37 pm

They deserve it though. Management is probably 100% that fucked this up. The actual devs were breaking their backs trying to ship this game. They told management their timelines were not reasonable with the work they had to do. Imagine if this shipped in February when they think this game is going to be good and completely fixed. They delayed it so many times already. What's 2 more months?

Again this game beneath the bugs isn't some tranformitive game the hype would indicate. Its an alright Deus Ex/GTA hybrid. That's pretty disappointing. The writing I thought would have been a lot better.
This is almost exactly the narrative I'm seeing from a vocal minority online and all I can say is it's so incredibly over the top. Relax. It's a fucking video game.

Have you even played the game? Not watched videos or read reviews, but actually played it?
I am a part of all whom I have met. - Alfred the Great

#BaltimoreStrong
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

Mandatory wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 2:09 pm

This is almost exactly the narrative I'm seeing from a vocal minority online and all I can say is it's so incredibly over the top. Relax. It's a fucking video game.

Have you even played the game? Not watched videos or read reviews, but actually played it?
No. I might pick it up when it gets fixed, but not before that. Again probably wait for the next gen update and get it after that if I do. Coming from someone who enjoyed the Witcher 2 and 3 a lot from a writing, character, and narrative standpoint and hear from people that I trust that say it's not up to that level is disappointing.

I'm not invalidating or negating your enjoyment of the game or saying you can't like it. I pretty much cannot play it in its current form anyway as I don't have a next gen console.
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
Tommy_Hawk

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

YBBR wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 3:04 pm

No. I might pick it up when it gets fixed, but not before that. Again probably wait for the next gen update and get it after that if I do. Coming from someone who enjoyed the Witcher 2 and 3 a lot from a writing, character, and narrative standpoint and hear from people that I trust that say it's not up to that level is disappointing.

I'm not invalidating or negating your enjoyment of the game or saying you can't like it. I pretty much cannot play it in its current form anyway as I don't have a next gen console.
Didn't CDPR adapt The Witcher from books, already written and known to be successful? Isn't Cyberpunk an original creative endeavor?

Cyberpunk is good. The game plays fine on an XBox One S. The hype from game developers and Froobs is the only problem.
Trees Make Great Neighbors

Sir Cort Godfrey of the Nessie Alliance summoned the help of Scotland's local wizards to cast a protective spell over the lake for the peaceful existence of our underwater ally.
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

Tommy_Hawk wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 4:33 pm

Didn't CDPR adapt The Witcher from books, already written and known to be successful? Isn't Cyberpunk an original creative endeavor?

Cyberpunk is good. The game plays fine on an XBox One S. The hype from game developers and Froobs is the only problem.
Yes. But the WItcher game world is all after the original novels. The writing around quests and characters is all CD Projekt. It doesn't follow the novels narrative. No. Cyberpunk was a previously existing IP.
Last edited by YBBR on Sun Dec 20, 2020 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mandatory

Post by Mandatory »

I have been sniffing cocaine and lifting weights ALL DAY, and I WILL DIE on this HILL!

COME AT ME!

#BaltimoreStrong
salamander

Post by salamander »

Abe Froman wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 4:54 pm

I'm not sure what system you have, but I think it's playable on One X/ Ps4 pro and better. I have no idea if it's patched up enough for base consoles yet.
Its patched and its working on my OG PS4 pretty good now. There are still crashes and some stuff that can be fixed but its WAAAAY better and I'm enjoying it now.
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

I messed up the Panam story somehow. She's worth starting all over for. haha

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum
Let's get Tropical
salamander

Post by salamander »

jffl_commish wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 7:40 pm I messed up the Panam story somehow. She's worth starting all over for. haha

:lol: I'm female so I can't sleep with her but you're supposed to flirt with her at every occasion. I'm going after a lesbian love affair with Judy.
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

salamander wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 9:45 pm
jffl_commish wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 7:40 pm I messed up the Panam story somehow. She's worth starting all over for. haha

:lol: I'm female so I can't sleep with her but you're supposed to flirt with her at every occasion. I'm going after a lesbian love affair with Judy.
Yeah, I just found that out. Dammit! So, Judy it is as the only other option.
Let's get Tropical
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

I found a pretty sweet car out in the wild last night. I didn't even know you could find rando cars to keep for your inventory. I was out in BFE trying to make my way back to town and ended up going through that tunnel where you did one of the first Panam missions. Anyway, just a bit past where that battle happened there's a container with a few decent items and this Rayfield Caliburn.

Admittedly, I've done nothing with the car collecting to this point, so the fastest that I have is Jackie's bike which hit 178. This thing hit 210! It makes a bit of a different sound and drives my 11 month old puppy insane, so I won't be able to use it very much unfortunately.
Let's get Tropical
Mandatory

Post by Mandatory »

Anyone got a good handle on crafting? Specifically where to get the higher level crafting materials? I've got a handful of iconic weapons that are low level and would like to use. To date I've just been swapping out weapons and clothes as I get better but I've got some stuff stashed I'd like to start using.

Also one minor gripe, you can miss a lot of iconic weapons and you don't even realize/have no way to go back and acquire.

#BaltimoreStrong
salamander

Post by salamander »

jffl_commish wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 9:48 pm

I mean, you can bang dudes.
salamander

Post by salamander »

jffl_commish wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 8:22 am I found a pretty sweet car out in the wild last night. I didn't even know you could find rando cars to keep for your inventory. I was out in BFE trying to make my way back to town and ended up going through that tunnel where you did one of the first Panam missions. Anyway, just a bit past where that battle happened there's a container with a few decent items and this Rayfield Caliburn.

Admittedly, I've done nothing with the car collecting to this point, so the fastest that I have is Jackie's bike which hit 178. This thing hit 210! It makes a bit of a different sound and drives my 11 month old puppy insane, so I won't be able to use it very much unfortunately.
The Iconic Cars you can keep. That car you found in the tunnel is so dope! Best car in the game that I've found.
salamander

Post by salamander »

Mandatory wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 9:48 am Anyone got a good handle on crafting? Specifically where to get the higher level crafting materials? I've got a handful of iconic weapons that are low level and would like to use. To date I've just been swapping out weapons and clothes as I get better but I've got some stuff stashed I'd like to start using.

Also one minor gripe, you can miss a lot of iconic weapons and you don't even realize/have no way to go back and acquire.
I get a lot of high level crafting materials through datamining access points (Only way I've been able to find legendary crafting materials). You need a high level intelligence for that though. Also, break down your purple and blue weapons instead of selling them.
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

salamander wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 10:12 am

Like I said, Judy is the only other option. lol
Let's get Tropical
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

salamander wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 10:19 am
Mandatory wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 9:48 am Anyone got a good handle on crafting? Specifically where to get the higher level crafting materials? I've got a handful of iconic weapons that are low level and would like to use. To date I've just been swapping out weapons and clothes as I get better but I've got some stuff stashed I'd like to start using.

I get a lot of high level crafting materials through datamining access points (Only way I've been able to find legendary crafting materials). You need a high level intelligence for that though. Also, break down your purple and blue weapons instead of selling them.
Yep, I don't sell any weapons or armor. Break it all down. Granted the common stuff doesn't really give you much of anything you need for deeper level stuff.
Let's get Tropical
salamander

Post by salamander »

jffl_commish wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 10:26 am
salamander wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 10:12 am

Like I said, Judy is the only other option. lol
:lol:
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

I think I'm going to start over. I've been reading a bit this morning and kind of finding some things that I would like to do differently. So, may as well before the entire story is ruined for me, other than being able to get Panam. Dammit!!!
Let's get Tropical