Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Cyberpunk 2077

Video game themed message board
salamander

Re: Cyberpunk 2077

Post by salamander »

Mandatory wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 11:40 am
Tommy_Hawk wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 11:34 am
Mandatory wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 11:23 am

Game is definitely not a turd, assuming you're playing on next gen. It's Game of the Year contender for sure.
XB1. I dont want to spend more time in loading screens then actual game play. I usually wait 3-4 years before buying new consoles.
Trying to be totally honest, assuming what salamander said is true. I'd get a refund. Doesn't sound worth trying to play on last gen until the get it worked out.
Its got me hooked even with this loading B.S. not gonna get a refund.
It's been 32 years since one of MN's four major sports teams has been to the Championship/Superbowl.
Every single year is failure until we win one. 4 teams, 32 years. That's roughly 128 consecutive failed seasons.
salamander

Post by salamander »

Mandatory wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 12:11 pm I'm just floored by some of the reviews on reddit, reviews that don't take poor performance or bugs in to account. They just don't even make sense. Basically people saying it was a good game but didn't fit the exact fantasy they had built up in their mind the last 8 years so "it fucking sucks ass". Gamers are so fucking weird.
This is what I was thinking until I got a ways in. I think a lot of these reviewers didn't get past 4 or 5 hours before writing their reviews.
It's been 32 years since one of MN's four major sports teams has been to the Championship/Superbowl.
Every single year is failure until we win one. 4 teams, 32 years. That's roughly 128 consecutive failed seasons.
salamander

Post by salamander »

And holy shit is Panam a dime piece. I'd hit that like no tomorrow!
salamander

Post by salamander »

I'm really loving my netrunner build. I can fuck up whole squads with ease.

Quietly destroy machines or turn them friendly at no RAM cost. Make them all take increased damage and poison them kill for more ram then reboot that tough guys optics kill overcharge RAM KILL MANTIS BLADES KILL RAM KILL!

Pretty fun, pretty unique.
salamander

Post by salamander »

Abe Froman wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 9:33 pm I put in several more hours, a lot of which was spent just zooming around the city fucking around. Had a couple of moments, literally like 2, where it slowed down and I thought it was gonna crash, but it didn't. When it happens, I hit the home button, and go to the home page and then resume the game. Idk if it's really helping or not, but it hasn't fully crashed since the first day. My xbox one x hasn't got the 17gb patch yet, but I assume it's coming.

Idk what the game really looks like on base consoles, but as far as the xb1x is concerned, I feel like the complaints are largely over stated.
I'm still running an OG PS4 with an external hard drive. That might be my problem. The loading is God aweful. Really looking forward to that newest patch coming out shortly.
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

Abe Froman wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 9:33 pm I put in several more hours, a lot of which was spent just zooming around the city fucking around. Had a couple of moments, literally like 2, where it slowed down and I thought it was gonna crash, but it didn't. When it happens, I hit the home button, and go to the home page and then resume the game. Idk if it's really helping or not, but it hasn't fully crashed since the first day. My xbox one x hasn't got the 17gb patch yet, but I assume it's coming.

Idk what the game really looks like on base consoles, but as far as the xb1x is concerned, I feel like the complaints are largely over stated.
CDPR just announced tonight a full refund if you want one and an apology. Have to give them credit. This is pretty unprecedented.

“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Tommy_Hawk

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

I played through the very first mission (rescue mission) tonight and had zero problems. I died alot with difficulty set to 'Hard' but that's fine. Maybe when I get out and about it'll be different. So far so good.
Trees Make Great Neighbors

Sir Cort Godfrey of the Nessie Alliance summoned the help of Scotland's local wizards to cast a protective spell over the lake for the peaceful existence of our underwater ally.
salamander

Post by salamander »

Tommy_Hawk wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 1:18 am I played through the very first mission (rescue mission) tonight and had zero problems. I died alot with difficulty set to 'Hard' but that's fine. Maybe when I get out and about it'll be different. So far so good.
Honestly there's an insane difficulty spike right in the beginning on the harder difficulties but once you level up a bit its more even.

Had to get "I Spy" so I could see and target enemy netrunners.
Tommy_Hawk

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

salamander wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 7:22 am
Tommy_Hawk wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 1:18 am I played through the very first mission (rescue mission) tonight and had zero problems. I died alot with difficulty set to 'Hard' but that's fine. Maybe when I get out and about it'll be different. So far so good.
Honestly there's an insane difficulty spike right in the beginning on the harder difficulties but once you level up a bit its more even.

Had to get "I Spy" so I could see and target enemy netrunners.
Yeah? I know I was being pretty careless and didn't use very good tact. It was fun. This game so far is fun.

Sir Cort Godfrey of the Nessie Alliance summoned the help of Scotland's local wizards to cast a protective spell over the lake for the peaceful existence of our underwater ally.
Mandatory
***Official MNRC HOF Member***

Post by Mandatory »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 10:58 pm

CDPR just announced tonight a full refund if you want one and an apology. Have to give them credit. This is pretty unprecedented.

I saw online someone posted that they tried to get their refund through Sony and they told them to fuck off basically. So I guess the refunds might still be up in the air..
I am a part of all whom I have met. - Alfred the Great

#BaltimoreStrong
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

Don't preorder video games. This is the case right here.
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
Mandatory

Post by Mandatory »

YBBR wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 2:47 pm Don't preorder video games. This is the case right here.
Assuming you mean forcing companies to put out a more finished product but I personally don't think it matters. The don't preorder games argument is the same as voting 3rd party to me. Nice idea, but won't matter.

#BaltimoreStrong
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

Mandatory wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 3:28 pm
YBBR wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 2:47 pm Don't preorder video games. This is the case right here.
Assuming you mean forcing companies to put out a more finished product but I personally don't think it matters. The don't preorder games argument is the same as voting 3rd party to me. Nice idea, but won't matter.
Maybe. More to avoid getting hosed yourself as much as possible. You can still buy the game digitally at any point. Even preorder after the review embargo is up. They should have delayed this game. People would have been pissed, but they would have bought it anyway. They should have delayed this game until it was ready. It sucks that it came out in this state.
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
Mandatory

Post by Mandatory »

YBBR wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 4:30 pm
Mandatory wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 3:28 pm
Maybe. More to avoid getting hosed yourself as much as possible. You can still buy the game digitally at any point. Even preorder after the review embargo is up. They should have delayed this game. People would have been pissed, but they would have bought it anyway. They should have delayed this game until it was ready. It sucks that it came out in this state.
I just mean, look what people spend on Madden Ultimate team and Fortnite. Companies will continue to take advantage of that.

I'll just say, the game is 100% ready on next gen. They should have absolutely not released it on last gen if it wasn't ready/optimized. The preordering on PS5 was even fucky, so obviously they hadn't worked everything out yet.

#BaltimoreStrong
Herky

Post by Herky »

I played an hour of it and had to put it down. Looks great but man it needs some patching. Probably won’t be all fixed until Feb?
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

Finally got around to playing tonight, got through the brain dance thing. This game is way more complex than I'm used to
Let's get Tropical
Tommy_Hawk

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

I've only had one issue after playing almost four hours. My mission waypoint disappeared so I had to reload an autosave. Other then that it's been solid. Jffl is right though, this game is fucking complex.

Mandatory

Post by Mandatory »

Tommy_Hawk wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 11:35 pm I've only had one issue after playing almost four hours. My mission waypoint disappeared so I had to reload an autosave. Other then that it's been solid. Jffl is right though, this game is fucking complex.
I had a cyberpsycho event not trigger. Reloaded and it worked fine. Thank god this game autosaves OFTEN. Other than that I have probably one crash a play session but it hasn't been too much of a bother.

#BaltimoreStrong
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

Anything I should be doing early on to help myself out? I'm just kind of doing the missions at the moment, not really exploring or anything.
Let's get Tropical
Mandatory

Post by Mandatory »

jffl_commish wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 2:22 pm Anything I should be doing early on to help myself out? I'm just kind of doing the missions at the moment, not really exploring or anything.
FWIW, I read that you should not skip side missions. They add to the story. I don't know if you can miss anything, but I've been trying to hit them. The actual side missions that is. Not just the gigs or car buying ones.

#BaltimoreStrong
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

Three crashes tonight. That's not happiness.
Let's get Tropical
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

jffl_commish wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 7:20 pm Three crashes tonight. That's not happiness.
Sony has announced they will completely remove the game from their store until further notice.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Mandatory

Post by Mandatory »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 12:09 am
jffl_commish wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 7:20 pm Three crashes tonight. That's not happiness.
Sony has announced they will completely remove the game from their store until further notice.
You can still buy it in physical copies for PS and digitally for XBOX. This is nuts at this point. The game definitely needs polishing, but to totally remove it from the PS store. It's absolutely not THAT BAD. This is just going too far the other direction with the situation. It's all so stupid at this point.

#BaltimoreStrong
Mandatory

Post by Mandatory »

One crash last night. The crashes are literally the only issue I've had with the game other than one side mission I had to restart because it wouldn't trigger an event.

#BaltimoreStrong
Tommy_Hawk

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

Abe Froman wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 2:09 am
Mandatory wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 8:27 am
One crash last night. The crashes are literally the only issue I've had with the game other than one side mission I had to restart because it wouldn't trigger an event.
Same. I've had a few of them now on my one x, but it's not unplayable, and thankfully the autosave is frequent enough that a crash here or there really doesn't bug me much.

I remember when Fallout NV came out, the fucking game would crash at the worst fucking moments and ALWAYS just when you've forgotten to save for like 2 hours... I swear I've played parts of that game over a hundred times because of crashes and forgetting to save often...
Same, besides, the game just came out. It's at a 99-1 ratio of gpod gameplay to glitches and stuff and I just have a wimpy XBox 1S.

Tommy_Hawk

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

Abe Froman wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 10:54 am
Tommy_Hawk wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 2:20 am
Abe Froman wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 2:09 am
Same. I've had a few of them now on my one x, but it's not unplayable, and thankfully the autosave is frequent enough that a crash here or there really doesn't bug me much.

I remember when Fallout NV came out, the fucking game would crash at the worst fucking moments and ALWAYS just when you've forgotten to save for like 2 hours... I swear I've played parts of that game over a hundred times because of crashes and forgetting to save often...
Same, besides, the game just came out. It's at a 99-1 ratio of gpod gameplay to glitches and stuff and I just have a wimpy XBox 1S.
Time to upgrade!

I like my one x but if I were buying new right now, I'd wait for the series s or x to be available. That said, if you stumble upon a deal on a one x, get it.
Actually...I was peaking on EBay, trying to find a One X, and there was one for like $225. But then I realized my TV is like 10 years old, so the features wouldn't really matter on an old tv, other then the console's gameplay..right?

TrueBlue

Post by TrueBlue »

I asked for a refund just because I've been playing more Assassins creed since I got the PS5.

AC is much more fun IMO, I might pick it back up once they fix the game a bit, but in all reality what I saw was I may as well go buy GTA5?
Spoiler:
salamander

Post by salamander »

The new update helps immensely. There are still crashes but I can actually play the game without waiting all the time for doing literally anything.
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

Panam with the best booty, so far anyway
Let's get Tropical
Tommy_Hawk

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

Abe Froman wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 1:42 pm
Tommy_Hawk wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 11:09 am
Abe Froman wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 10:54 am

Time to upgrade!

I like my one x but if I were buying new right now, I'd wait for the series s or x to be available. That said, if you stumble upon a deal on a one x, get it.
Actually...I was peaking on EBay, trying to find a One X, and there was one for like $225. But then I realized my TV is like 10 years old, so the features wouldn't really matter on an old tv, other then the console's gameplay..right?
Yeah, but the gameplay is kind of a big deal, and the upscaling of old games, especially red dead revolver, is pretty nice. But, if I were you I'd just hold out for a series s since it would only be another $75 but would give you even more than the one x.

My guess is prices on the one x are inflated for a short time due to the holidays and the shortage of next gen. Give it a month or two and I bet the one x becomes pretty reasonable.
My only other hesitation pulling the trigger, is that the transfer of files between my XBox One S (which works perfectly fine) to the XBox One X would take forever for games like CyberPunk and Fallout76.