Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Cyberpunk 2077

Video game themed message board
Mandatory
***Official MNRC HOF Member***

Re: Cyberpunk 2077

Post by Mandatory »

I am a part of all whom I have met. - Alfred the Great

#BaltimoreStrong
Tommy_Hawk

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

Mandatory wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 1:45 pm Image
:humper:

The only question now, is Xbox or Playstation?
Trees Make Great Neighbors

Sir Cort Godfrey of the Nessie Alliance summoned the help of Scotland's local wizards to cast a protective spell over the lake for the peaceful existence of our underwater ally.
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

Even if this a better and more expensive and polished version of the new Deus Ex games, I'm still way in.
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

Have they announced whether this will be for next gen as well?

Perhaps that's what they are playtesting?

PC or PS4 is the question for me, but I suspect only the ps4 will handle it. Imagine this on VR Abe!
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

LordNu wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 7:07 pm Have they announced whether this will be for next gen as well?

Perhaps that's what they are playtesting?

PC or PS4 is the question for me, but I suspect only the ps4 will handle it. Imagine this on VR Abe!
I bet they will. I'd expect tuned up and tuned down versions of the game depending on the platform. They could get away with just like current gen because of how anticipated this game is but they usually are technology forward at CD Projekt Red.
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
Tommy_Hawk

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

I see CP77 sent the game off to the various rating institutions around the world. They are beginning testing on the game now. Sweet sweet. In other news..

A new Witcher game will begin development "immediately" after Cyberpunk 2077 is released

https://www.gamesradar.com/amp/new-witc ... punk-2077/

Sir Cort Godfrey of the Nessie Alliance summoned the help of Scotland's local wizards to cast a protective spell over the lake for the peaceful existence of our underwater ally.
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

Tommy_Hawk wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 7:12 pm I see CP77 sent the game off to the various rating institutions around the world. They are beginning testing on the game now. Sweet sweet. In other news..

A new Witcher game will begin development "immediately" after Cyberpunk 2077 is released

https://www.gamesradar.com/amp/new-witc ... punk-2077/
Probably a side thing like they did with Thronebreaker. I bet they lay off anything major for a while and just release smaller projects.
Tommy_Hawk

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

:humper:

Tommy_Hawk

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

Tommy_Hawk wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 12:57 pm:humper:
Ugggh! I jinxed it.

Cyberpunk 2077 delayed again to November Cyberpunk 2077, the massive RPG from CD Projekt Red, has been pushed back once again to Nov. 19, following a previous delay to Sept. 17.In a statement published to the game’s official Twitter account, CD Projekt Red co-founder Marcin Iwiński and head of studio Adam Badowski wrote:

At the time we are writing these words, Cyberpunk 2077 is finished both content and gameplay-wise. The quests, the cutscenes, the skills and items; all the adventures Night City has to offer — it’s all there. But with such an abundance of content and complex systems interweaving with each other, we need to properly go through everything, balance game mechanics and fix a lot of bugs.
This is the second delay for Cyberpunk 2077; the game was originally set to debut on April 16, but was pushed back to Sept. 17 in January. CD Projekt Red noted that journalists are currently playing a preview build of the game, with hands-on previews scheduled to go live on June 25. “We hope this will satisfy some of your hunger for the game as we work to polish it for the November launch,” the statement said.

The delay announcement comes just weeks after CD Projekt said it was on track to hit the Sept. 17 date.

This new release date likely brings Cyberpunk 2077 in line with the next-gen launches for the PlayStation 5 and the Xbox Series X, both of which are scheduled for “holiday 2020.” It’s almost certain that the consoles will arrives before Thanksgiving, which falls on Nov. 26 this year. We’ll likely see more details about a next-generation version of Cyberpunk 2077 closer to these launches; CD Projekt Red has only officially confirmed that the game will be playable on Xbox Series X with Smart Delivery. The initial version of the game will contain its single-player campaign and world; the multiplayer elements of the game will not be available for players until 2021.
https://www.polygon.com/platform/amp/20 ... e-next-gen

jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

And again........

Let's get Tropical
Tommy_Hawk

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

jffl_commish wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 12:42 pm And again........

I have a feeling this game is going to suck at launch.

Mandatory

Post by Mandatory »

God fucking dammit. At least ill still be playing ac Valhalla

#BaltimoreStrong
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

Mandatory wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:43 pm God fucking dammit. At least ill still be playing ac Valhalla
Same
Let's get Tropical
Herky

Post by Herky »

Well here’s to hoping the delays mean it’s polished.
Mandatory

Post by Mandatory »

I don't get this at all. After how many years of development, what is barely 3 weeks going to do?

They apparently went "gold" months ago which I just learned means the games is done. Apparently the delay is because they have to optimize the game 9 different ways or some shit? With all the platforms it will be available on?

That's some bullshit CDPR should and deserves a lot of criticism for how they've hadnled this process. I'm sure this game will be great but this has been really poorly handled.

#BaltimoreStrong
EnLiteEndOne

Post by EnLiteEndOne »

Mandatory wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:50 am I don't get this at all. After how many years of development, what is barely 3 weeks going to do?

They apparently went "gold" months ago which I just learned means the games is done. Apparently the delay is because they have to optimize the game 9 different ways or some shit? With all the platforms it will be available on?

That's some bullshit CDPR should and deserves a lot of criticism for how they've hadnled this process. I'm sure this game will be great but this has been really poorly handled.

From what I've read they are owning and humble about all the criticism for this delay.
As far as I'm concerned they have earned all the patience they are asking for. They are the only AAA game devco that releases a 100% complete product and is the pinnacle of quality right now. I'm still logging hours on Witcher 3 and that was released how many years ago?
The frustration is valid among gamers but I believe all will be quickly forgiven once the game is out.
Lampin'
Mandatory

Post by Mandatory »

EnLiteEndOne wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 11:55 am
Mandatory wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:50 am I don't get this at all. After how many years of development, what is barely 3 weeks going to do?

From what I've read they are owning and humble about all the criticism for this delay.
As far as I'm concerned they have earned all the patience they are asking for. They are the only AAA game devco that releases a 100% complete product and is the pinnacle of quality right now. I'm still logging hours on Witcher 3 and that was released how many years ago?
The frustration is valid among gamers but I believe all will be quickly forgiven once the game is out.
Meh... how many delays though? I have no doubt the game will be great and as you said polished... but delaying a release like 5 times after each time setting the release date in stone... that's just really bad planning/optics.

The delay has nothing to do with the game not being ready, but everything to do with them wanting it compatible on all platforms at launch. That's motivated by money IMO.

#BaltimoreStrong
Mandatory

Post by Mandatory »

And CDPR made an amazing game with Witcher 3.. .but let's not pretend they're some premier AAA studio. This game could bomb, though I doubt it.

#BaltimoreStrong
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

I would be shocked if it eve makes it's December release.

Rumors is they still need multiple months as they are being time crunched and the game is going to need some massive patches.

Many of the people working on the game say that it is not ready to come out but they may be forced to release it.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
salamander

Post by salamander »

EnLiteEndOne wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 11:55 am

Not the only ------> From Software is included in that.
It's been 32 years since one of MN's four major sports teams has been to the Championship/Superbowl.
Every single year is failure until we win one. 4 teams, 32 years. That's roughly 128 consecutive failed seasons.
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

Why is there no PS5 version of this? Only the PS4?
Let's get Tropical
Mandatory

Post by Mandatory »

jffl_commish wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 9:01 am Why is there no PS5 version of this? Only the PS4?
I'm also confused Wikipedia says it releases on ps5 dec 10th... weird.

#BaltimoreStrong
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

Mandatory wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 10:22 am
jffl_commish wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 9:01 am Why is there no PS5 version of this? Only the PS4?
I'm also confused Wikipedia says it releases on ps5 dec 10th... weird.
Amazon has it for $50 with what I'm assuming is the same deal as Valhalla in being able to upgrade it. I guess I'm waiting until the 10th to find out for sure.
Let's get Tropical
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

Let's get Tropical
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

Upgrade doesn't come out until sometime next year.

It may take a while before the new systems start getting everything day one.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

Ordered mine off of Amazon just now. It's going for $50 there. I guess $50 for an eventual PS5 game is alright.
Let's get Tropical
Mandatory

Post by Mandatory »

#BaltimoreStrong
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

Going to be a good game but won't capture the praise that the Witcher received.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Herky

Post by Herky »

Copy is arriving Thursday from Amazon.

There is already a big patch dropping on the day of the release. A lot of the negatives on this are in reference to bugs so I wonder how many will be fixed day 1? I’m sure over time most will be eliminated.

Those are the consistent gripes I’ve seen is the buggyness. Should be correctable stuff. I still think this game will be great.
Straight Edge Raven

Post by Straight Edge Raven »

Herky wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 11:50 pm Copy is arriving Thursday from Amazon.

There is already a big patch dropping on the day of the release. A lot of the negatives on this are in reference to bugs so I wonder how many will be fixed day 1? I’m sure over time most will be eliminated.

Those are the consistent gripes I’ve seen is the buggyness. Should be correctable stuff. I still think this game will be great.
XBox apparently already has a large pre-release patch, which isn't the day 1 patch. I got the PC Master race version. I don't usually get games day 1, and I wasn't even interested in the game originally.....but I guess the hype got me....and 2020 has sucked enough we need something entertaining now that The Last of Us hype is gone.
Slava Ukraini
The dildo of consequences rarely arrives lubed