Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Cyberpunk 2077

Video game themed message board
flexbuffchest

Cyberpunk 2077

Post by flexbuffchest »

Might as well make a thread even though it'll be a while before it's released.

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum

First couple minutes explains some new details.

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum
UnFadeable21 wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 5:55 pm Edwards Negatives:

Low IQ
Low Motor
Bad Shot Selection
Bad defense

Who does this remind you of?
YBBR

Re: Cyberpunk 2077

Post by YBBR »

It might not be next generation like most people are assuming I heard. There's an outside shot at a 2019 release date, but I would still bet on 2020.
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
Mandatory
***Official MNRC HOF Member***

Post by Mandatory »

I'm so fucking pumped for this game! ROCK FUCKING HARD!
I am a part of all whom I have met. - Alfred the Great

#BaltimoreStrong
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

Abe Froman wrote: Tue Aug 07, 2018 2:26 pm
YBBR wrote: Sat Aug 04, 2018 3:00 pm It might not be next generation like most people are assuming I heard. There's an outside shot at a 2019 release date, but I would still bet on 2020.
I'm sure they won't do this because they want to make as much as they can off of their consoles, but... Since I bought my PS4 pro and XB1X, I've kinda wondered if they could or would make their next gen games compatible with the highest end last gen. Kinda like the next gen really only being a half step leap from the highest end older systems. The games would look way better on the next gen, but still be playable on the high end last gen.

I got to thinking this because in reality, my XB1X is really pretty under untilized for the actual amount of improvement it can pump out. It would be cool if someone made a game just for it that actually made use of the systems power. Unfortunately, they can't build a game from the ground up to do so as each game has to be playable on the oldest XB1. If they used the XB1x as the base for the next gen games they could do that. Though I'm sure they won't as they will b using completely different hardware...
This will never happen. There will be cross gen games like always but they will play on both Xbox one and X.

He pro and X are a 4k version of what we have now and weren't promised to be anything more.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

YBBR wrote: Sat Aug 04, 2018 3:00 pm It might not be next generation like most people are assuming I heard. There's an outside shot at a 2019 release date, but I would still bet on 2020.
This game is 100% coming on PS4/X1. It might end up having a PS5/X2 version but it's definitely coming to this gen.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

Yeah, I like CD Projekt Red. I have really enjoyed their games thus far and I'm extremely interested in where the tone of this game is going.
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
Mandatory

Post by Mandatory »

YBBR wrote: Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:34 pm Yeah, I like CD Projekt Red. I have really enjoyed their games thus far and I'm extremely interested in where the tone of this game is going.
What else have the done besides Witcher? Witcher btw is the pinnacle of gaming.

#BaltimoreStrong
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

Mandatory wrote: Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:35 pm
YBBR wrote: Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:34 pm Yeah, I like CD Projekt Red. I have really enjoyed their games thus far and I'm extremely interested in where the tone of this game is going.
What else have the done besides Witcher? Witcher btw is the pinnacle of gaming.
Just the three Witcher games so far. They have done some Polish localization for some ports too.
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

Here you go boy's

45 mins or gameplay today.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjF9GgrY9c0&t=1117s[/youtube]
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Tommy_Hawk

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 1:55 pm Here you go boy's

45 mins or gameplay today.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjF9GgrY9c0&t=1117s[/youtube]
Duuuuuude....

:humper:
Trees Make Great Neighbors

Sir Cort Godfrey of the Nessie Alliance summoned the help of Scotland's local wizards to cast a protective spell over the lake for the peaceful existence of our underwater ally.
Mandatory

Post by Mandatory »

Massive Erection!

#BaltimoreStrong
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

Fucking rad.
flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

Pixelated genitals!!!!!!!!!!!

Just got done watching the demo. Wow. Deciding to stick to 1st person was the correct move after seeing how the combat works (amazing btw).

Low IQ
Low Motor
Bad Shot Selection
Bad defense

Hole Nova Level

Post by Hole Nova Level »

Looks awesome. Haven't completed a game since RAGE (or Far Cry 3, whichever was last, can't remember).

I'd like to have a game to chill with after I get the kids to bed and the wife is watching one of her deals....

Just trying to think of where I can find the 7,026 hours needed to play this game in full, before I purchase.
Mandatory

Post by Mandatory »

Hole Nova Level wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 11:06 am Looks awesome. Haven't completed a game since RAGE (or Far Cry 3, whichever was last, can't remember).

I'd like to have a game to chill with after I get the kids to bed and the wife is watching one of her deals....

Just trying to think of where I can find the 7,026 hours needed to play this game in full, before I purchase.
If you don't have much time for gaming you should really check out The Witcher 3.

#BaltimoreStrong
salamander

Post by salamander »

I hate first person.
It's been 32 years since one of MN's four major sports teams has been to the Championship/Superbowl.
Every single year is failure until we win one. 4 teams, 32 years. That's roughly 128 consecutive failed seasons.
Hole Nova Level

Post by Hole Nova Level »

Finally watched the full preview/trailer. Looks super fun/cool. Love the setting etc. I'll prolly get it and it will take me about 5-6 years to complete it. lol.
Tommy_Hawk

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

Sir Cort Godfrey of the Nessie Alliance summoned the help of Scotland's local wizards to cast a protective spell over the lake for the peaceful existence of our underwater ally.
Tommy_Hawk

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

I keep seeing articles. I'm fucking excited.

YBBR

Post by YBBR »

Probaby still a next gen game. You might get a date at E3. Maybe.
Tommy_Hawk

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

LordNu

Post by LordNu »

You guys buying for console or PC? If you do buy for PC, get it on GOG.com, for the love of Geralt.
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

4/16/2020
Herky

Post by Herky »

YBBR wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 11:24 pm4/16/2020
That seems awful soon. I wouldn't be surprised if that is pushed back.
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

Herky wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:27 pm
But Keanu came on stage and revealed it. Keanu wouldn't lie to us.
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

YBBR

Post by YBBR »

I'll be honest, I'm surprised it's coming this generation. From what I've heard the game seems very ambitious on many fronts. Just thought it would be a next gen game.
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

YBBR wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:43 pm I'll be honest, I'm surprised it's coming this generation. From what I've heard the game seems very ambitious on many fronts. Just thought it would be a next gen game.
Which makes me wonder if it will run on my PC.
flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

If it happens then I'm glad. CD Projekt has been touting the no micro-transaction and not releasing a game full of bugs on launch kind of bullshit. Considering the success they've had lately I have no reason to doubt that if it is delayed it'll solely be fix any major bugs they find vs. trying to rush in more content like a lot of other games do which in turn adds even more bugs.

CD Projekt to date is one of a few developers that seems to actually care about their games and not about making the most money possible through bullshit means. So far they seem to be all about making the best game possible and they can dedicate a ton of resources to do that since they don't work on many different games at once.
I suppose you could say that adding Keanu Reeves to the game is just a publicity stunt and I could agree with point if you wanted to argue it but considering that it's at no extra cost to the consumer it doesn't really count IMO.

Tangent...I really love my PS4 Pro but I might have to buy an Xbox One for this even though the next generation is probably coming out in less than 2 years. At 1080P there isn't really a difference in graphics vs. the Xbox One but the PS4 Pro sounds like a jet engine when it's under a heavy load which will be super annoying when I'm playing this game for hours on end.

I really fucking love CD Projekt red. That type of developer is a dying breed and I hope they never get bought out.

Low IQ
Low Motor
Bad Shot Selection
Bad defense

LordNu

Post by LordNu »

flexbuffchest wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:19 am
If it happens then I'm glad. CD Projekt has been touting the no micro-transaction and not releasing a game full of bugs on launch kind of bullshit. Considering the success they've had lately I have no reason to doubt that if it is delayed it'll solely be fix any major bugs they find vs. trying to rush in more content like a lot of other games do which in turn adds even more bugs.

CD Projekt to date is one of a few developers that seems to actually care about their games and not about making the most money possible through bullshit means. So far they seem to be all about making the best game possible and they can dedicate a ton of resources to do that since they don't work on many different games at once.
I suppose you could say that adding Keanu Reeves to the game is just a publicity stunt and I could agree with point if you wanted to argue it but considering that it's at no extra cost to the consumer it doesn't really count IMO.

Tangent...I really love my PS4 Pro but I might have to buy an Xbox One for this even though the next generation is probably coming out in less than 2 years. At 1080P there isn't really a difference in graphics vs. the Xbox One but the PS4 Pro sounds like a jet engine when it's under a heavy load which will be super annoying when I'm playing this game for hours on end.

I really fucking love CD Projekt red. That type of developer is a dying breed and I hope they never get bought out.
Or you could go with PC... GOG.com may also be a reason why they want to make great games and aren't so focussed on microtransactions. You buy the game on that website, 100% profit to CD Projekt Group. (CD Projekt Group owns CD Projekt Red and Gog.com)