Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Tourney Time

Home for Gopher Hockey
weimy froob

Re: Tourney Time

Post by weimy froob »

this guy is an avelanche draft pick and is from minnesota. i know the family on both sides--maybe a brush with fame later.

That’s why they play the full five minutes. Drew Helleson deked a defender and tucked the puck around Ashton Abel’s back with 0:00.1 seconds remaining in overtime to propel Boston College past Boston University in the 283rd edition of the Battle of Comm. Ave.

Sellingguy
***Official Gibby Award Winner - April 2019***

Post by Sellingguy »

weimy froob wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 7:19 am this guy is an avelanche draft pick and is from minnesota. i know the family on both sides--maybe a brush with fame later.

That’s why they play the full five minutes. Drew Helleson deked a defender and tucked the puck around Ashton Abel’s back with 0:00.1 seconds remaining in overtime to propel Boston College past Boston University in the 283rd edition of the Battle of Comm. Ave.

The Sioux understand that well.
Den Den

Post by Den Den »

Final work bracket champ pick tallies-

11-Sioux
9-Gophers
5-Badgers
4-BC
2-SCSU
1-MN St
1-Duluth
1-Michigan

enjoy the show!
Danielakiiki

Post by Danielakiiki »

Den Den wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 1:59 pm Notre Dame OUT with covid. BC gets bye. Thankfully, only 1 of 25+ brackets entered so far had them advancing. I would of had to shut it down if this happened to the Gophers or Sioux
And now Michigan is out as well.
Humble severe weather Froob.
Sellingguy

Post by Sellingguy »

Danielakiiki wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 12:08 pm
Den Den wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 1:59 pm Notre Dame OUT with covid. BC gets bye. Thankfully, only 1 of 25+ brackets entered so far had them advancing. I would of had to shut it down if this happened to the Gophers or Sioux
And now Michigan is out as well.
O boy! 2nd big 10 team .....any news on gophers players?
Sellingguy

Post by Sellingguy »

beavers outworking bucky. Beavers goalie with a couple nice saves.
HUGE mistake by bucky goalie
4-1 BEAVERS!
Slap Shot

Post by Slap Shot »

Jeezuz B1G about to go basically 3 and out with 1 team remaining.
Sellingguy

Post by Sellingguy »

Slap Shot wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 2:06 pm Jeezuz B1G about to go basically 3 and out with 1 team remaining.
Dont be surprised if your team is out. You know they are testing them right now. They all caught it in South Bend.
Nice job big ten!
Slap Shot

Post by Slap Shot »

Sellingguy wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 3:12 pm
Slap Shot wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 2:06 pm Jeezuz B1G about to go basically 3 and out with 1 team remaining.
Dont be surprised if your team is out. You know they are testing them right now. They all caught it in South Bend.
Nice job big ten!
Your concern trolling is duly noted.
Sellingguy

Post by Sellingguy »

Slap Shot wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 3:15 pm
Sellingguy wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 3:12 pm
Nice job big ten!
Your concern trolling is duly noted.
im being serious. and you know i dont want the goofs out. I want to play them.
Slap Shot

Post by Slap Shot »

UMD got jobbed on that goal getting overturned.

Gophers up 3-1 after the 1st - need to not let up though or UNO will get back in it. Stay on them all game and finish them!
Slap Shot

Post by Slap Shot »

7-2 now with 14 long minutes left.
Chet Manly

Post by Chet Manly »

UMD just holding on against NoDak - going to 4OT. This game was 2-0 UMD with 90 seconds to go.
feekdogg

Post by feekdogg »

Good try, Sue. All for naught.
Slap Shot

Post by Slap Shot »

Lesser of 2 evils won that one I guess, although I was hoping to see the Gophers end UND's season again.
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

lol, some of the twitter responses from the UND fan base are fun.

One guy asks why they didn't play the lowest seed left, since they are the #1 overall seed, then blames the system of the bracket.
Danielakiiki

Post by Danielakiiki »

Chet Manly wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 11:37 pm UMD just holding on against NoDak - going to 4OT. This game was 2-0 UMD with 90 seconds to go.
Glad they pulled it out. Remember the Bowling Green game for the championship back in the mid 80's, lost in 4 OT's. On to the Frozen Four.
Sellingguy

Post by Sellingguy »

Slap Shot wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 9:59 pm UMD got jobbed on that goal getting overturned.

Gophers up 3-1 after the 1st - need to not let up though or UNO will get back in it. Stay on them all game and finish them!
I dont like replay, but thats what we get.

What a fucking hockey game. Your squad played their game.

Congrats to the DOGS. Now go get 3 in a row!
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

NICE win by Goldy and happy to see my boy Nevers get his first 2 collegiate goals!!
***THE REAL HORNETS HAS THOUSANDS OF POSTS and joined RC October 4, 2017!***
:naners: :naners: :naners:
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

Danielakiiki wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 3:06 am
Chet Manly wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 11:37 pm UMD just holding on against NoDak - going to 4OT. This game was 2-0 UMD with 90 seconds to go.
Glad they pulled it out. Remember the Bowling Green game for the championship back in the mid 80's, lost in 4 OT's. On to the Frozen Four.
1984. I was 8 years old. That game broke my heart. The tying goal by BG late in the 3rd was a total fluke weird carom off the boards on a dump in. UMD shoulda won that game 4-3 in regulation.

I can still probably name a dozen guys on that team from memory.
“When stupidity is considered patriotism, it is unsafe to be intelligent.”

- Isaac Asimov
Danielakiiki

Post by Danielakiiki »

Beef Supreme wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 10:23 am
1984. I was 8 years old. That game broke my heart. The tying goal by BG late in the 3rd was a total fluke weird carom off the boards on a dump in. UMD shoulda won that game 4-3 in regulation.

Do you remeber the 'LEAVE SKEETER ALONE!" game in Duluth against Wisconsin?
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

Danielakiiki wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 12:10 pm

Remember?

I was there!

- Isaac Asimov
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

that was a tough loss. they hadn't ever won a national championship at that time as well i believe.
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

weimy froob wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 1:06 pm

that was a tough loss. they hadn't ever won a national championship at that time as well i believe.
No they had not.

They took 3rd the next year. Lost to RPI (eventual National champ) in the semi.

- Isaac Asimov
Danielakiiki

Post by Danielakiiki »

Beef Supreme wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 1:05 pm

Remember?

I was there!
I was stuck watching it on WDIO (Dad too Mom to that game). I was there however on Senior Night when they honored the original Maroon Loon. Good memories. Question to you though......Cake or Non-Cake?
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

Danielakiiki wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 2:55 pm

Remember?

I was there!
I was stuck watching it on WDIO (Dad too Mom to that game). I was there however on Senior Night when they honored the original Maroon Loon. Good memories. Question to you though......Cake or Non-Cake?
Cake.

Not really truly cake through and through, but from the cake side of town for sure.

I was also there when SI did a story on Brett Hull and they had giant lights set up everywhere for pictures and every time he wound up to shoot, they popped these giant flashbulbs. They were really bright. Like rock concert pyro bright. I’ve never seen a man fan on so many shots in one game.

- Isaac Asimov
Danielakiiki

Post by Danielakiiki »

Beef Supreme wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 3:20 pm

Remember?

I was there!
Cake.

Not really truly cake through and through, but from the cake side of town for sure.

I was also there when SI did a story on Brett Hull and they had giant lights set up everywhere for pictures and every time he wound up to shoot, they popped these giant flashbulbs. They were really bright. Like rock concert pyro bright. I’ve never seen a man fan on so many shots in one game.
LOL, Brett's ex wife grew up in my neighborhood. I remember walking to the UMD campus with my cousin when Brett drove by in his new hot red convertible (he'd just gone pro) and my cousin says 'Did you see who that was?" and I'm like 'Yeah, Brett Hull....wanna see other parts of the campus now?'. I was at the, I think it was a charity game, when Brett and Bobby Hull played together for the first time. Good times. And I have a second question for you......about Duluth pizza. Bulldog or Sammy's?
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

Danielakiiki wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 3:46 pm
Beef Supreme wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 3:20 pm

Cake.

LOL, Brett's ex wife grew up in my neighborhood. I remember walking to the UMD campus with my cousin when Brett drove by in his new hot red convertible (he'd just gone pro) and my cousin says 'Did you see who that was?" and I'm like 'Yeah, Brett Hull....wanna see other parts of the campus now?'. I was at the, I think it was a charity game, when Brett and Bobby Hull played together for the first time. Good times. And I have a second question for you......about Duluth pizza. Bulldog or Sammy's?
Bulldog for me. Sammy’s is good, but too pricy.

- Isaac Asimov
Danielakiiki

Post by Danielakiiki »

Bulldog for me as well. Know the owner Ken from back when he was a UMD student making pizza deliveries to make ends meet. Back then it was 'Whistle Stop' pizza but Ken bought the original owner out (the original location was across Woodland, where the liquor store now is) and over the course of 30+ years built into what it is now. Used to sit back at The Reef on tuesday nights when he'd do karayoke. Always chose a Blue Oyster Cult song.
bombers3shooter

Post by bombers3shooter »

GOHUSKIESWOOOOO!