Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Tourney Time

Home for Gopher Hockey
Sellingguy
***Official Gibby Award Winner - April 2019***

Re: Tourney Time

Post by Sellingguy »

weimy froob wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 9:20 pm only a bemidji state win away from an all minnesota frozen four. need to keep these five schools in four different regions going forward to see if that ever might happen. need UMD to win to set up the all minnesota championship game.
UMass is good. too bad state and state could not be the final. Should be a great Semi's!
Last edited by Sellingguy on Sun Mar 28, 2021 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

weimy froob wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 9:20 pm only a bemidji state win away from an all minnesota frozen four. need to keep these five schools in four different regions going forward to see if that ever might happen. need UMD to win to set up the all minnesota championship game.
There would be outrage from the Hockey East fans if that ever happened! :lol:
***THE REAL HORNETS HAS THOUSANDS OF POSTS and joined RC October 4, 2017!***
:naners: :naners: :naners:
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

Wonder if Boldy will call it a career and head for Minny to finish the season? I think he's ready...
Sellingguy

Post by Sellingguy »

Hornets wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 9:23 pm
Columbus Frozen four was all wcha. Denver CC MN ND Denver won with less than 10k in the seats. Tickets were being given away.
Sellingguy

Post by Sellingguy »

Hornets wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 9:23 pm
Columbus Frozen four was all wcha. Denver CC MN ND Denver won with less than 10k in the seats. Tickets were being given away.
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

That announcer is a little aggressive I'll have to say.....made that empty net call like it was a Stanley Cup winner in OT. Simmer down fella....
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

Mavs to the Frozen Four! Old school rivalry with St Cloud ahead.
Let's get Tropical
Danielakiiki

Post by Danielakiiki »

Beef Supreme wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 7:11 pm
Danielakiiki wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 4:06 pm Bulldog for me as well. Know the owner Ken from back when he was a UMD student making pizza deliveries to make ends meet. Back then it was 'Whistle Stop' pizza but Ken bought the original owner out (the original location was across Woodland, where the liquor store now is) and over the course of 30+ years built into what it is now. Used to sit back at The Reef on tuesday nights when he'd do karayoke. Always chose a Blue Oyster Cult song.
I remember that spot being a pizza place, now that you mention it.

The reef was an okay place for a while. I haven’t been there in at least a decade, though...
2 decades for me tbh. The hang outs of your young adult days,,,,,,,,
Humble severe weather Froob.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

minnesota: the state of college hockey

herbie would be proud.
Slap Shot

Post by Slap Shot »

Mankato 100% earned that win, but it would have been nice if Minnesota made them work a bit harder for it.

I will be rooting for the Mavericks in the FF for sure.
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

Slap Shot wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 9:29 pm Mankato 100% earned that win, but it would have been nice if Minnesota made them work a bit harder for it.

I will be rooting for the Mavericks in the FF for sure.
Yeah, agreed. Game was mostly even till MSU scored that first goal and from that point on our fellas didn't have an answer. It was a no doubter for the Mavs and they certainly deserve it. :cry:
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

UMASS going to win the championship, beating 3 Minnesota teams on the way.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

i think it's foolish not to be playing the frozen four this week because of the covid. thursday semis and saturday night championship wouldn't interfere with the men's basketball tournament at all. be a shame if one of these teams is eliminated because of it.
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

Pretty cool that 3 of the final 4 are from Duluth, Mankato, and St Cloud. Too bad Bemidji couldn't join the party.
Let's get Tropical
Danielakiiki

Post by Danielakiiki »

bubu dubu. wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 9:32 pm UMASS going to win the championship, beating 3 Minnesota teams on the way.
Look at this fucker, not believing in my Dawgs.
Humble severe weather Froob.
Sellingguy

Post by Sellingguy »

weimy froob wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 9:36 pm i think it's foolish not to be playing the frozen four this week because of the covid. thursday semis and saturday night championship wouldn't interfere with the men's basketball tournament at all. be a shame if one of these teams is eliminated because of it.
it is not a covid move. it has always been a 2 week break because of basketball.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

Sellingguy wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 5:06 am
weimy froob wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 9:36 pm i think it's foolish not to be playing the frozen four this week because of the covid. thursday semis and saturday night championship wouldn't interfere with the men's basketball tournament at all. be a shame if one of these teams is eliminated because of it.
it is not a covid move. it has always been a 2 week break because of basketball.
i didn't make myself clear. i know that they take a two week break now-though they used to do it like i think they should do it this year. i think they should have reverted to that schedule again because of the covid. get the tourney wrapped up as quickly as they can. one extra week between games is just that much more chance for a team to get shut down.
Sellingguy

Post by Sellingguy »

weimy froob wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 6:34 am
Sellingguy wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 5:06 am
i didn't make myself clear. i know that they take a two week break now-though they used to do it like i think they should do it this year. i think they should have reverted to that schedule again because of the covid. get the tourney wrapped up as quickly as they can. one extra week between games is just that much more chance for a team to get shut down.
It has been a 2 week break for at least 20 years. I do agree with you for many reasons.
I also think the NCAA needs to stop with the 4 regionals and go to 2. Boston and St Paul.
chris_numbers

Post by chris_numbers »

I was hoping for a umd vs um championship game.
Is it bad that I hate all of you even though I’ve never met you?
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

Beef Supreme wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 1:07 pm
weimy froob wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 1:06 pm
Beef Supreme wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 10:23 am

1984. I was 8 years old. That game broke my heart. The tying goal by BG late in the 3rd was a total fluke weird carom off the boards on a dump in. UMD shoulda won that game 4-3 in regulation.

I can still probably name a dozen guys on that team from memory.
that was a tough loss. they hadn't ever won a national championship at that time as well i believe.
No they had not.

They took 3rd the next year. Lost to RPI (eventual National champ) in the semi.
i just saw this just in case you want to go down memory ice with the bulldogs. :mrgreen:

Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

weimy froob wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 3:12 pm
weimy froob wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 1:06 pm

that was a tough loss. they hadn't ever won a national championship at that time as well i believe.
No they had not.

i just saw this just in case you want to go down memory ice with the bulldogs. :mrgreen:

Thanks, fuckface.
“When stupidity is considered patriotism, it is unsafe to be intelligent.”

- Isaac Asimov
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

Beef Supreme wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 3:42 pm

No they had not.

Thanks, fuckface.
say what you want it was an excellent pass and a great move/goal. lots of good back and forth action before it too.
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

weimy froob wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 3:50 pm
Beef Supreme wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 3:42 pm

Thanks, fuckface.
say what you want it was an excellent pass and a great move/goal. lots of good back and forth action before it too.
Yeah, I know. It's my childhood trauma.
“When stupidity is considered patriotism, it is unsafe to be intelligent.”

- Isaac Asimov
Cripes

Post by Cripes »

Happy for my Huskies to finally make it back to the Frozen Four. Not even close to the team I would’ve picked to do it. Not sure if it was on purpose with Larson but the team had a Bulldogish vibe this season and into the tournament.
bombers3shooter

Post by bombers3shooter »

Nolan Walker will never have to buy a beer at the Carpet again!!!! Wowsa
Cripes

Post by Cripes »

bombers3shooter wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 7:41 pm Nolan Walker will never have to buy a beer at the Carpet again!!!! Wowsa
Awesome tip. Wooooooo!
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

Danielakiiki wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 9:40 pm
bubu dubu. wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 9:32 pm UMASS going to win the championship, beating 3 Minnesota teams on the way.
Look at this fucker, not believing in my Dawgs.
:thumbsup:
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

Kudos to UMass. As a Minnesota sports fan that was tough watching that overtime....UMass just absolutely dominated and the Dawgs had no response. St Cloud is gonna have their hands full THAT is for sure.
Slap Shot

Post by Slap Shot »

jfc thanks to MSUM I now have to root for UMASS.
Slap Shot

Post by Slap Shot »

You must watch: