Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

**Rodents vs ASU** 1/21 & 1/22

Home for Gopher Hockey
Hornets

**Rodents vs ASU** 1/21 & 1/22

Post by Hornets »

Motz needs to get this mini slump turned around quickly before our Dinkytown lads start to lose confidence. Anything short of a 2 game sweep will be disappointing to me. Need Reedy back in the lineup and I think I read that he is expected to play!

RAH
***THE REAL HORNETS HAS THOUSANDS OF POSTS and joined RC October 4, 2017!***
:naners: :naners: :naners:
Hoop Dreams
***Official 2022 Froob Bracket Winner***

Re: **Rodents vs ASU** 1/21 & 1/22

Post by Hoop Dreams »

Shots on goal in the first period:

Minnesota - 22
Arizona State - 2

Daaaaaamn!
Eroder wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 5:13 pm That settles it. Hoop is right!
Eroder wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 12:59 pm Hoop is right again!!
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

Now THAT is the way to respond to a slump! 4-0 and coulda been worse!

RAH
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

Shot attempts currently 55-7 in favor of our lads....and we're only 6 minutes into period 2! Didn't hear why, but apparently there are a handful of ASU players not in the lineup so that has a little something to do with this. Still impressive though!
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

7-0 after 2. Fun to have these games once in awhile since the majority of their games are extreme battles....boys having some creative fun out there!
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

ASU with a good start to the 3rd....coach probably encouraged them to try and win the period and get another crack at the Rodents tomorrow.
Leon

Post by Leon »

i don't like Ben Clymer as an analyst - his tone and the way he talks is more annoying than LaPanta
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

Well the stats stuffer of a game is over and the Rodents roll to a TEN to NOTHING victory!

SKI U MAH!!
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

Leon wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 9:01 pm i don't like Ben Clymer as an analyst - his tone and the way he talks is more annoying than LaPanta
Agree...he is SO annoying, always trying to use big impressive words in his description of a certain play. Loved him as a Gopher, hate him as an announcer!
Slap Shot

Post by Slap Shot »

Casey Hankinson was slightly bland, but far more entertaining, interesting and insightful than Clymer. Likely never going to happen but I wouldn't mind them bringing him back. Just don't ever let him design another Gophers sweater.

Also Munger I don't know any true Gophers fans that refer to them as the rodents.
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

Slap Shot wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 7:37 am Casey Hankinson was slightly bland, but far more entertaining, interesting and insightful than Clymer. Likely never going to happen but I wouldn't mind them bringing him back. Just don't ever let him design another Gophers sweater.

Also Munger I don't know any true Gophers fans that refer to them as the rodents.
I'm not doubting you, but when did Hankinson do color for the Rodents? Don't remember that but maybe I have heard him but didn't realize that it was him.
Slap Shot

Post by Slap Shot »

Hornets wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 7:57 am
Slap Shot wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 7:37 am Casey Hankinson was slightly bland, but far more entertaining, interesting and insightful than Clymer. Likely never going to happen but I wouldn't mind them bringing him back. Just don't ever let him design another Gophers sweater.

I'm not doubting you, but when did Hankinson do color for the Rodents? Don't remember that but maybe I have heard him but didn't realize that it was him.
He did pre-game with Marney for one year, and the next in the booth with Gorg and McCleod. 2013 maybe?
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

Slap Shot wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 8:11 am
Hornets wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 7:57 am

He did pre-game with Marney for one year, and the next in the booth with Gorg and McCleod. 2013 maybe?
Still miss Wally and Frank on the TV games! Both still rockin it on the radio broadcasts I think and both have gotta be getting pretty old....older than you and I!!
Sellingguy
***Official Gibby Award Winner - April 2019***

Post by Sellingguy »

They played fast and look what happens when you put shots on net. It could have been higher. In the 3rd i counted at least 10 shots NOT taken in the scoring zone. I think they were backing off ASU. ASU could not control the puck and change lines. At one point in the 2nd ASU players were on the ice almost 3 mins. Gophers got a goal because of it.
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

Sellingguy wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 9:50 am They played fast and look what happens when you put shots on net. It could have been higher. In the 3rd i counted at least 10 shots NOT taken in the scoring zone. I think they were backing off ASU. ASU could not control the puck and change lines. At one point in the 2nd ASU players were on the ice almost 3 mins. Gophers got a goal because of it.
They got their "swag" back!!
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

Sun Devils putting up a better fight today, but Goldy takes a 4-2 lead heading to period 3!
Leon

Post by Leon »

back in the old St Paul city conference days ...these games were like playing Central or Mechanic Arts ( hockey ) time to pad the stats !

this is embarrassing ...

and i have heard the Gophers called "the Golden Rodents" many times Gus !!
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

Leon wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 6:01 pm back in the old St Paul city conference days ...these games were like playing Central or Mechanic Arts ( hockey ) time to pad the stats !

this is embarrassing ...

Yeah, ASU forgot to show up for period 3 and the "Golden Rodents" finish a two game sweep....TWENTY GOALS! Do you ever put the blades on Leon or are those days ovah??!!

SKI U MAH!!
Leon

Post by Leon »

Hornets wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 6:05 pm
Leon wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 6:01 pm back in the old St Paul city conference days ...these games were like playing Central or Mechanic Arts ( hockey ) time to pad the stats !

this is embarrassing ...

Yeah, ASU forgot to show up for period 3 and the "Golden Rodents" finish a two game sweep....TWENTY GOALS! Do you ever put the blades on Leon or are those days ovah??!!

SKI U MAH!!
i'm done Gus -- my skates are in the rafters in the garage - i may go to a rink on some Sunday and hack around -- but then the little punks will wanna toss the sticks in the center and play a pickup game and the old Leon will have to teach 'em a lesson !

nah - prolly aint happening
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

Leon wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 6:19 pm
Hornets wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 6:05 pm

this is embarrassing ...

SKI U MAH!!
i'm done Gus -- my skates are in the rafters in the garage - i may go to a rink on some Sunday and hack around -- but then the little punks will wanna toss the sticks in the center and play a pickup game and the old Leon will have to teach 'em a lesson !

nah - prolly aint happening
I still am hanging in there....play weekly with some good guys, most of us in the 40's and 50's range. Got one guy who is 65 and one of our goalies is 63! I hope to play till I'm 70!
Slap Shot

Post by Slap Shot »

ASU was missing 6 or 7 players. It's good they did what they were supposed to do but let's seem them carry it over into their next series!