Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

**Rodents vs Buckeyes Monday & Tuesday edition**

Home for Gopher Hockey
Hornets

**Rodents vs Buckeyes Monday & Tuesday edition**

Post by Hornets »

Really strange watchin Rodent puck on a Monday night, THAT is for sure! Golden Gophers with a wonderful first period and they are FLYING! Intermission and the boys are up 2-0!

RAH!
***THE REAL HORNETS HAS THOUSANDS OF POSTS and joined RC October 4, 2017!***
:naners: :naners: :naners:
Hornets

Re: **Rodents vs Buckeyes Monday & Tuesday edition**

Post by Hornets »

Pretty solid 2nd for Motz and Co. and Goldy takes a 3-1 lead headin into the 3rd!
Sellingguy
***Official Gibby Award Winner - April 2019***

Post by Sellingguy »

Watched most of the 2nd. Goofs up 17-1 in shots at one point. The Ohio State does not look very good. It was their first game. Good puck movement from the goofs, but man shoot the dam puck if you are in the scoring area.
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

Sellingguy wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 6:49 am Watched most of the 2nd. Goofs up 17-1 in shots at one point. The Ohio State does not look very good. It was their first game. Good puck movement from the goofs, but man shoot the dam puck if you are in the scoring area.
I've been fooled before by good early season starts from our lads, so I am going to temper my enthusiasm a bit but hey, it's nice to start with 3 straight wins! There definitely is some solid talent on this squad and hopefully Motz can mold them into a champion!
Slap Shot

Post by Slap Shot »

Sellingguy wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 6:49 am Watched most of the 2nd. Goofs up 17-1 in shots at one point. The Ohio State does not look very good. It was their first game. Good puck movement from the goofs, but man shoot the dam puck if you are in the scoring area.
One of my pet peeves over the years. It's sometimes a cliched complaint that doesn't always fit, but in this case you were probably correct. I could not stay awake to watch this one but hoping if today's game is available for me the earlier start will make it easier.
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

HOORAY! Rodents strike early and lead 1-0!! Reedy with the tally.....he good!
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

Period 2 comes to a close and Goldy still up 1-0. Both teams looking a bit fatigued in that 2nd session. One interesting thing I've noticed in this short sample of a season....haven't really seen any after whistle skirmishes. Playa's always like muckin it up when there is a crowd to cheer things on, but with no one in attendance it seems like a much cleaner, faster game. I like that!
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

Goldy missing a lot of chances this game and even last night. LOT's of speed and playmaking ability to be sure, but could use a little more sniping ability. Nappier is awfully good so maybe it's more him than the shooters.
Sellingguy
***Official Gibby Award Winner - April 2019***

Post by Sellingguy »

they wore the same uniforms 4 straight games. this has to be a record.
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

Sellingguy wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 5:12 am they wore the same uniforms 4 straight games. this has to be a record.
Gotta stick with that, eh? Anyway, really nice start to the season and as mentioned before there is a boatload of talent on this squad and IF we are able to have a complete season I don't think it's ridiculous to think the boys have an outside chance of a Frozen Four appearance. Covid might have something to say about this....(and several other top teams!)