Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Gophers vs Nittany Lions SEASON OPENAH!!

Home for Gopher Hockey
Hornets

Gophers vs Nittany Lions SEASON OPENAH!!

Post by Hornets »

Almost forgot that the Rodent men's pucksters opened their season tonight. Pretty boring 1st period and we are knotted at ZERO.

RAH
***THE REAL HORNETS HAS THOUSANDS OF POSTS and joined RC October 4, 2017!***
:naners: :naners: :naners:
Hornets

Re: Gophers vs Nittany Lions SEASON OPENAH!!

Post by Hornets »

Crap...Rodents with a 2-0 lead and playin pretty darn good but then give up a late one and we will head to period 3 with our boys up 2-1.
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

SKI U YES!!! Rodents win the openah 4-1!
Slap Shot

Post by Slap Shot »

I was able to catch a replay online which is extremely, extremely rare for me here. Hoping with other sports on hold it frees up more airtime for college hockey in general.

While PSU lost some talent it was good to see a Gophers team finally look competent and composed. It's only one game so way too early to make long term judgements but surely looked different from the few games I was able to catch last season. Hopefully that becomes the rule not the exception.
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

Slap Shot wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:24 am I was able to catch a replay online which is extremely, extremely rare for me here. Hoping with other sports on hold it frees up more airtime for college hockey in general.

While PSU lost some talent it was good to see a Gophers team finally look competent and composed. It's only one game so way too early to make long term judgements but surely looked different from the few games I was able to catch last season. Hopefully that becomes the rule not the exception.
Yes, I agree! :beer:
Slap Shot

Post by Slap Shot »

WALKER scores the the buzzer to retake the lead 2-1 at the end of the 1st!!!

The Gophers dominated play after PSU tied it and were rewarded with a late goal. I was about to call that period a learning experience, yet it looks like they learned on the fly and didn't willow away and pout to end the period. Instead they picked up the pace with aggressive play and took the lead right back!

SKI U MAH!!
Slap Shot

Post by Slap Shot »

Sweep!
Sellingguy
***Official Gibby Award Winner - April 2019***

Post by Sellingguy »

they have more cut out fake fans then they had real fans last year.
Watched a bit of both games. Walker needs to play his game which is about 1 or 2 steps faster then anyone else.
I noticed this last year. It almost seems like he slows down to let everyone catch up. When he does that, he fucks up.
That kid needs to just go for it vs waiting. Good to have puck back on the TV.
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

Where's that Walker lad from?
Slap Shot

Post by Slap Shot »

And in the weird world we're currently living in the Gophers have a HEA like schedule this week playing Monday and Tuesday.
Sellingguy
***Official Gibby Award Winner - April 2019***

Post by Sellingguy »

Slap Shot wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:52 pm And in the weird world we're currently living in the Gophers have a HEA like schedule this week playing Monday and Tuesday.
I think they are trying to play catch up. However, something I know the big ten schools were discussing a couple of years ago was to try and line up basketball and hockey trips. Example Mich state is here to play BBALL, so bring hockey with.

Just glad the puck is back, at least gopher games dont seem any different at home! :lol: :lol: :lol: