Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Watching Classic Gopher Hockey on FSN...

Home for Gopher Hockey
Chet Manly

Watching Classic Gopher Hockey on FSN...

Post by Chet Manly »

Replaying the 2007 Final Five game vs. the Fighting Who (the Wheeler goal) and I can’t help but realize just how much this sport has fallen. The atmosphere during this game was as good as it gets.

What I wouldn’t give to go back the good old days..
Cripes

Re: Watching Classic Gopher Hockey on FSN...

Post by Cripes »

Just got back to my seat after bs’g a little too long with a Gopher friend in the concourse. Crazy goal. Miss the Final 5. Miss the WCHA.
Sellingguy
***Official Gibby Award Winner - April 2019***

Post by Sellingguy »

Great game...even with the score. Another good one i hope they show is 2004 game i think. gophers win 5-4 or 6-5.
That game had up to 8 mins of play with no whistle.
Jimtown guy

Post by Jimtown guy »

That was one hell of a game. The Sioux got them in the regionals to go to the Frozen Four. Ironically by the same score 3-2 in overtime
Slap Shot

Post by Slap Shot »

Sellingguy wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 6:07 am Another good one i hope they show is 2004 game i think. gophers win 5-4 or 6-5.
Probably the greatest game I've ever attended in person from a pure hockey sense, albeit the 2002 NC game was for higher stakes. But the level of play in that game, the number of players from both teams that played in the NHL, the crowd, the rivalry, it was wickedly entertaining.

From a losing perspective I wouldn't mind watching the 8-7 loss to SCSU. What a pinball match.
Sellingguy

Post by Sellingguy »

Slap Shot wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 9:50 am
Sellingguy wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 6:07 am Another good one i hope they show is 2004 game i think. gophers win 5-4 or 6-5.
Probably the greatest game I've ever attended in person from a pure hockey sense, albeit the 2002 NC game was for higher stakes. But the level of play in that game, the number of players from both teams that played in the NHL, the crowd, the rivalry, it was wickedly entertaining.

From a losing perspective I wouldn't mind watching the 8-7 loss to SCSU. What a pinball match.
I stood up and clapped after both of those games. Both times someone asked, why are you clapping? I said, that was a good hockey game, thats why.
Cripes

Post by Cripes »

http://youtu.be/bEjQf9Pdh3c
Slap Shot

Post by Slap Shot »

Cripes wrote: Sun Apr 19, 2020 9:52 pm

Thanks. I've seen that before and unfortunately full games will be harder to come by. There was a lot of skill in that game as well, not so much in the Gophers net. :punch: :lol:
Cripes

Post by Cripes »

Slap Shot wrote: Sun Apr 19, 2020 10:34 pm
Cripes wrote: Sun Apr 19, 2020 9:52 pm

Thanks. I've seen that before and unfortunately full games will be harder to come by. There was a lot of skill in that game as well, not so much in the Gophers net. :punch: :lol:
Yeah we pulled off the upset in that one. We thought we had talent in net but 7 goals, woah. Andrew Gordon was a good goal scorer for us but other than him it was a lot of grinders that scored. Weird game.
Jimtown guy

Post by Jimtown guy »

YouTube has a ton of old games to watch. Of course I’m prone to watch the Sioux when they beat the Gophers or DU but have watched a few defeats especially the Wheeler goal game. So much talent on the ice. Don’t care what anyone says. Thee best rivalry in college hockey
Sellingguy

Post by Sellingguy »

Jimtown guy wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 9:39 pm YouTube has a ton of old games to watch. Of course I’m prone to watch the Sioux when they beat the Gophers or DU but have watched a few defeats especially the Wheeler goal game. So much talent on the ice. Don’t care what anyone says. Thee best rivalry in college hockey
We got very spoiled back then with the talent on the ice in the WCHA.
Jimtown guy

Post by Jimtown guy »

College hockey’s Division I men’s conferences are planning alternate schedules should COVID-19 concerns delay the start of the 2020-21 season.

“We remain optimistic the 2020-21 season can be played, as scheduled,” wrote NCHC commissioner Josh Fenton in an email to USCHO. “However, the conference office has been modeling (and will continue to model) multiple scenarios related to financial operations and scheduling for next academic year as alternative plans.”
https://www.uscho.com/2020/04/21/mens-d ... n-2020-21/
Chet Manly

Post by Chet Manly »

Jimtown guy wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 8:35 am College hockey’s Division I men’s conferences are planning alternate schedules should COVID-19 concerns delay the start of the 2020-21 season.

“We remain optimistic the 2020-21 season can be played, as scheduled,” wrote NCHC commissioner Josh Fenton in an email to USCHO. “However, the conference office has been modeling (and will continue to model) multiple scenarios related to financial operations and scheduling for next academic year as alternative plans.”
Is there any chance whatsoever that COVID potentially de-railing hockey this year could cause a conference like the B1G to fold it in and allow the re-re-alignment that this sport so desperately need? Man, a guy could wish...
Jimtown guy

Post by Jimtown guy »

Chet Manly wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 1:40 am
Jimtown guy wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 8:35 am College hockey’s Division I men’s conferences are planning alternate schedules should COVID-19 concerns delay the start of the 2020-21 season.

Is there any chance whatsoever that COVID potentially de-railing hockey this year could cause a conference like the B1G to fold it in and allow the re-re-alignment that this sport so desperately need? Man, a guy could wish...
That would be great but it ain’t happening