Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

General College Hockey Talk

Home for Gopher Hockey
Jimtown guy

Re: General College Hockey Talk

Post by Jimtown guy »

D44FF951-61BC-4B0D-B92F-D2E91BE94B8C.jpeg
Jimtown guy

Post by Jimtown guy »

Jimtown guy

Post by Jimtown guy »

Bit of an upset down in Arizona as the the Sun Devils beat #4 Denver 4-1. DU is proving me wrong as I pegged them the team to beat this year. They fall to 9-4-2 and 1-3-2 in the NCHC. UND leads the conference with 20 points 4 ahead of second place Duluth and 9 up on third place Western Michigan
Jimtown guy

Post by Jimtown guy »

13 game unbeaten streak for the Sioux after dismantling Western Michigan last night 8-2. Never saw this coming but enjoying the shit out of it. This team just might be for real
Jimtown guy

Post by Jimtown guy »

Third time in school history UND has only 1 loss before the new year
https://www.grandforksherald.com/incomi ... ld-emerges
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

Jimtown guy wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 6:39 pm Third time in school history UND has only 1 loss before the new year
https://www.grandforksherald.com/incomi ... ld-emerges
That's pretty darn impressive I'd say.....
***THE REAL HORNETS HAS THOUSANDS OF POSTS and joined RC October 4, 2017!***
:naners: :naners: :naners:
Jimtown guy

Post by Jimtown guy »

The timing was coincidence. The meeting was preliminary. Efforts to enhance ice hockey’s place at the University of Louisville are still in the thin-ice stage.

Yet less than 24 hours after Barstool Sports ranked U of L the second-strongest candidate to add pucks to its NCAA Division I profile, university administrators met Tuesday with a delegation aiming at the same goal.

http://www.courier-journal.com/story/sp ... 769693002/
Jimtown guy

Post by Jimtown guy »

That means there have been 16,000 tickets sold already. Our tics our lower bowl at the end where the Sioux shoot twice. This is going to be 4 days of fun. Get ready liver
Jimtown guy

Post by Jimtown guy »

bombers3shooter

Post by bombers3shooter »

Saturday night I brought my son to the Herb, we sat down and by the time we got settled in the Huskies were down 2-0. I looked up at the clock and there was 16:48 left in the 1st period. Omaha got another at the end of the period.

When SCSU came out for the 2nd David Hrenek was pulled and Jaxon Castor a freshman from AZ was put between the pipes. I liked what I saw from the kid. The Huskies battled back and brought it to OT, but ran out of gas and lost shortly into the OT frame.

The Mooch classic is next on the docket. It's been a disappointing season thus far, but still alot of talent here. Hopefully the boys come out of XMas break clean and keep battling. Certainly enough time left to get into the NCHC top 4 and make some magic. Still think these guys can beat just about anybody in a 1 game playoff scenario, but think they could just about lose to anybody too! Doh!!!
Cripes

Post by Cripes »

bombers3shooter wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 3:11 pm Saturday night I brought my son to the Herb, we sat down and by the time we got settled in the Huskies were down 2-0. I looked up at the clock and there was 16:48 left in the 1st period. Omaha got another at the end of the period.

When SCSU came out for the 2nd David Hrenek was pulled and Jaxon Castor a freshman from AZ was put between the pipes. I liked what I saw from the kid. The Huskies battled back and brought it to OT, but ran out of gas and lost shortly into the OT frame.

The Mooch classic is next on the docket. It's been a disappointing season thus far, but still alot of talent here. Hopefully the boys come out of XMas break clean and keep battling. Certainly enough time left to get into the NCHC top 4 and make some magic. Still think these guys can beat just about anybody in a 1 game playoff scenario, but think they could just about lose to anybody too! Doh!!!
They’re young. Disappointed in the slow start but not totally surprised. Defense still looking bad? Haven’t saw hardly any of their games so far.
Cripes

Post by Cripes »

Surprised Jimtown didn’t post this one. Pretty amazing run.
Jimtown guy

Post by Jimtown guy »

Cripes wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 8:56 pm Surprised Jimtown didn’t post this one. Pretty amazing run.
It is pretty damn incredible
Jimtown guy

Post by Jimtown guy »

Jimtown guy

Post by Jimtown guy »

Sioux sweep Alabama-Huntsville by identical 5-2 scores and have now won 13 straight at home and move to 16-1-2
Sellingguy
***Official Gibby Award Winner - April 2019***

Post by Sellingguy »

Jimtown guy wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 8:24 am Sioux sweep Alabama-Huntsville by identical 5-2 scores and have now won 13 straight at home and move to 16-1-2
should they call the season to avoid other teams embarrassment?
Jimtown guy

Post by Jimtown guy »

Top ten programs of the recent decade
https://www.grandforksherald.com/sports ... -the-2010s
Jimtown guy

Post by Jimtown guy »

Number 1 team in the nation goes down at home. Omaha 4 UND 3
Jimtown guy

Post by Jimtown guy »

Jimtown guy

Post by Jimtown guy »

Sioux have now scored more goals this year than all of last year and with their win tonight they now have matched last years win total of 18
Jimtown guy

Post by Jimtown guy »

Hockey Day North Dakota saw a classic Friday night when the Jimmies beat Minot St outdoors at the UJ campus 2-1 in a 28 player shootout in a 4 hour game because of all the snow. Great crowd and the D2 team will take on UNDs club team tonight at 8. High school and youth games tomorrow
68B48DDF-BE65-4A05-BE5C-084DF8544988.jpeg
Jimtown guy

Post by Jimtown guy »

Duluth took UND behind the woodshed last night to the tune of 7-4 after UND was up 3-1. Things got ugly or beautiful if you are a Dogs fan, after that. NCHC race is heating up with Denver only 1 point behind the Dogs for second. UND has a 5 point lead on UMD
Jimtown guy

Post by Jimtown guy »

Thome in the net results in a come from behind 3-2 UND win. Back to an 6 point lead in the NCHC and #1 in the pairwise
Jimtown guy

Post by Jimtown guy »

B5865ADE-6F57-499D-8D9E-1402F714937A.jpeg
Jimtown guy

Post by Jimtown guy »

Worcester Region (Worcester, MA - Host Holy Cross)
1. North Dakota vs. 16. American International
8. Clarkson vs. 9. Providence

Albany Regional (Albany, NY - Host ECAC)
2. Cornell vs. 15. Northern Michigan
7. Massachusetts vs. 10. Ohio State

Allentown Region (Allentown, PA - Host Penn State)
3. Minnesota State vs. 14. New Hampshire
6. Penn State vs. 11. Arizona State

Loveland Region (Loveland, CO - Host Denver)
4. Denver vs. 13. Northeastern
5. Boston College vs. 12. Minnesota Duluth

https://www.ncaa.com/news/icehockey-men ... two-months
Jimtown guy

Post by Jimtown guy »

Another Siouxweeep after pounding CC 8-1 Saturday night following their 1-0 win Friday night. UMD sweeps Denver. The Dawgs are the last team I’d want to see in the national tourney
3C4975BA-10D0-49CF-96C6-1FCA63DECB94.jpeg
Ron Burgundy 4 President

Post by Ron Burgundy 4 President »

Nice rebound season for your team after a rare flop of one last season JT. My Bulldogs seem to be finding their stride after a relatively lackluster season up until this point. Should be interesting down the stretch but at the end of the day I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if the National Champion is once again a team from the NCHC.
Jimtown guy

Post by Jimtown guy »

Ron Burgundy 4 President wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 11:13 pm Nice rebound season for your team after a rare flop of one last season JT. My Bulldogs seem to be finding their stride after a relatively lackluster season up until this point. Should be interesting down the stretch but at the end of the day I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if the National Champion is once again a team from the NCHC.
You ever go to the NCHC tourney at the X? Went to it a couple years ago. Despite UND getting knocked out the first game we had a great time. Pretty well run tourney. Hoping to get back this year again. Going to be some damn good hockey
Jimtown guy

Post by Jimtown guy »

UND sweeps Denver and now has an 8 point lead in the NCHC. Hard fought game tonight. Thome made some huge saves in the third to preserve the 2-1 victory. Record goes to 15-2-2 in the NCHC and 23-3-3 overall