Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Hypothetical

Home for Gopher Basketball
jffl_commish

Hypothetical

Post by jffl_commish »

Let's say over the past 10 years, give or take, the mens basketball program has gone the Herb Brooks style and used only Minnesota kids, and the elite Minnesota kids all wanted to be here. How good is this program? Clearly better than it is today, IMO.
Let's get Tropical
HeHateMe
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Re: Hypothetical

Post by HeHateMe »

jffl_commish wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 8:29 am Let's say over the past 10 years, give or take, the mens basketball program has gone the Herb Brooks style and used only Minnesota kids, and the elite Minnesota kids all wanted to be here. How good is this program? Clearly better than it is today, IMO.
I've said on twitter many times they would have won a big ten tourney, had deep tourney runs... but this program will never ever keep all the talent home.. could they have kept more? For sure.. especially the guys who they offered late or didn't get on quick enough (Tyler Wahl, Tyrell Terry, Steven Crowl, David Roddy, Will Tschetter etc)
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

Oh for sure it'll never happen, just fun to think about. I'm not sure they don't have a potential title run in them somewhere either. The talent this state has produced over the past decade is pretty ridiculous.
Let's get Tropical
cmd24
***Official 2019 Froob Bracket Winner***

Post by cmd24 »

After the class of Tyus, Vaughn, and Reid Travis, I’ve thought that the Gophers should’ve been bigger players on just about every D1 prospect in the state. It’s sad that they haven’t been. Losing a lot of those players have certainly hurt.

It’s probably a minor piece to the picture, but I still think that Jarvis Johnson not getting to play killed the team, as well.
*** Official 2019 Disputed Brackets Champ ***