Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

What was your favorite Payton Willis moment?

Home for Gopher Basketball
bubu dubu.

What was your favorite Payton Willis moment?

Post by bubu dubu. »

He gone.

Pitino can get no continuity with his players. I'm not gonna pretend Willis was some terrific player, but with all this player movement, and not having the pedigree to bring in 5 star guys, how the hell is Dick gonna build anything here? Sooner we move on from this guy, the better.
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Re: What was your favorite Payton Willis moment?

Post by RubeTube »

Remarkable this guy is getting close to a decade here...

The bar has been lowered, GENTLEMEN.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:39 pm Remarkable this guy is getting close to a decade here...

The bar has been lowered, GENTLEMEN.
Just astounding that he's been here 7 years already. His roster is a turntable. I think he has an okay eye for talent, which he could get by on if he could keep some damn players around, but he clearly can't. There's gotta be something behind the scenes why he can't keep these guys around. Oturu, I get...he might be a lottery pick, so he's gotta do whats right for him...the other guys (Coffey, Lynch, IW, Payton, Carr, etc...etc..), thats on him. And thats not even to say players like IW or Payton were that good, there's just no development, or continuity. No vision. He doesn't get players to buy into the program. He's got no loyalty to his players, and they got no loyalty to him.

And before people jump on me about Lynch and that being beyond Dick's control...was it? The red flags were supposedly there. Thats not to say you can't take a chance on a guy like that from time to time, but he just ended up being another turntable player for this program.
Hoop Dreams
***Official 2022 Froob Bracket Winner***

Post by Hoop Dreams »

Eroder wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 5:13 pm That settles it. Hoop is right!
Eroder wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 12:59 pm Hoop is right again!!