Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Season is on the line tomorrow

Home for Gopher Basketball
Ski

Re: Season is on the line tomorrow

Post by Ski »

Went to bed a little after halftime with a comfortable lead and looking good. Then saw the highlights this morning. Ouch. Not sure how that was even possible. :roll:
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

The loss of course hurt, but let's be honest, this team is at best mediocre and if Oturo leaves good luck next year. Yes, it is time to seriously consider a new leader of the Rodents.....Young Mr. Pitino had his chance and was unable to deliver...

NEXT!!!!!!!
***THE REAL HORNETS HAS THOUSANDS OF POSTS and joined RC October 4, 2017!***
:naners: :naners: :naners:
Slap Shot

Post by Slap Shot »

Hornets wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 10:51 am The loss of course hurt, but let's be honest, this team is at best mediocre and if Oturo leaves good luck next year. Yes, it is time to seriously consider a new leader of the Rodents.....Young Mr. Pitino had his chance and was unable to deliver...

NEXT!!!!!!!
Why can't you be this sober in poli-chat?
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

Slap Shot wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 12:00 pm
Hornets wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 10:51 am The loss of course hurt, but let's be honest, this team is at best mediocre and if Oturo leaves good luck next year. Yes, it is time to seriously consider a new leader of the Rodents.....Young Mr. Pitino had his chance and was unable to deliver...

NEXT!!!!!!!
Why can't you be this sober in poli-chat?
I can't help myself....either can you! :beer:
***THE REAL HORNETS HAS THOUSANDS OF POSTS and joined RC October 4, 2017!***
:naners: :naners: :naners:
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

I don't see one single reason at this point that Pitino should be the coach next year, or today for that matter.
Let's get Tropical
HeHateMe
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Post by HeHateMe »

jffl_commish wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 12:38 pm I don't see one single reason at this point that Pitino should be the coach next year, or today for that matter.
Pitino deserves to get fired based on a resume of 7 years at Minnesota.
With that said, if you make a coaching change I don't think the team does any better next year. It's a longterm change that hopefully would pay off.

Oturu is gone if he gets a first round promise.
Walton up in the air still, maybe he takes a chance on a coaching change still?
Mashburn and Mitchell probably look elsewhere.
Curry and Willis can grad transfer if they desire.

So you're left with Carr, Kalscheur, Omersa, Ihnen, Williams, Greenlee and Freeman. Maybe Curry + Willis too.

Four open spots... I doubt they look better than the four guys above.

Next coach needs to hit the local scene hard immediately. The 2022 class is stacked here and 2021 is pretty damn good too (have Thompson committed of course so he might back off his verbal).
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.