Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Is it ok to talk Gophers womens basketball in here?

Home for Gopher Basketball
Dan33185

Is it ok to talk Gophers womens basketball in here?

Post by Dan33185 »

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/sport ... 492950002/
Destiny Pitts, a former Detroit Country Day star who earned Big Ten Freshman of the Year honors at Minnesota, announced Thursday she is entering the NCAA transfer portal after she was suspended for a game that she says left her "blindsided and shocked."

Pitts, a junior, is the leading scorer for the Golden Gophers (11-5, 1-4 Big Ten), averaging 16.3 points, and top 3-point shooter (45.9%).

"First, I want to thank all of the teammates I have had at the University of Minnesota and the many great, passionate fans of women's basketball in this city," Pitts wrote in statement posted on Twitter. "I am so far from home, but you have made me feel like one of your own these past three years. I could never adequately express my gratitude to everyone who has been loyal to me and from my first steps on campus."

Pitts was suspended for last Sunday's game against Illinois for what the program called "conduct unbecoming a member of the team." Two other players — sisters Taiye Bello and Kehinde Bello, who played at Southfield-Lathrup — also did not play Sunday.

In her statement Thursday, Pitts said she was suspended because of her "body language" during the Northwestern game on Jan. 9, a 56-54 loss in Minneapolis. Pitts said she was "blindsided and shocked" by the suspension, saying it was the first disciplinary situation she's experienced as player "at any level."

Pitts said the Bello sisters sat out Sunday's game "in protest of a suspension they know is wrong."

"I need to reiterate how thankful I am for my teammates," Pitts wrote. "They have consistently checked in on me and helped me through this difficult experience, and I could never express how much that means to me."

Pitts says she wishes "nothing but the best" for Minnesota head coach Lindsay Whalen and her staff.

Pitts led Country Day to a pair of Class B state championships, earning Class B player of the year honors as a senior.

Minnesota plays host to Iowa on Thursday night, carrying a four-game losing streak into the contest.
Hornets

Re: Is it ok to talk Gophers womens basketball in here?

Post by Hornets »

Whalen crackin the whip....LOVE IT!
***THE REAL HORNETS HAS THOUSANDS OF POSTS and joined RC October 4, 2017!***
:naners: :naners: :naners:
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

What happened? That's kind of a big loss, especially if the twins decide to go too.
Let's get Tropical
HeHateMe
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Post by HeHateMe »

Worrisome to say the least. Can't assume Lindsay is automatically a great coach but guess you need to wait and see what happens. Pitts committed to Stollings, right?
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

I feel this means our Destiny is in the Pitts.
Slap Shot

Post by Slap Shot »

Pitts isn't fully gone yet so we shall see, but rumor has it she flipped off Whalen while going to the bench, then refused to go back to the locker room for a some time after the game ended. This guy sums up Pitts' pouting very well. Fuck her.

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum
Dan33185

Post by Dan33185 »

Not a good look on a player, as soon as she faces punishment for her actions she turns and runs. I can't imagine Whalen suspending her best player just for spite or something, there has to be a valid reason.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

Slap Shot wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 12:54 am Pitts isn't fully gone yet so we shall see, but rumor has it she flipped off Whalen while going to the bench, then refused to go back to the locker room for a some time after the game ended. This guy sums up Pitts' pouting very well. Fuck her.

kids these days. :scooter:
Dan33185

Post by Dan33185 »

Slap Shot wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 12:54 am Pitts isn't fully gone yet so we shall see, but rumor has it she flipped off Whalen while going to the bench, then refused to go back to the locker room for a some time after the game ended. This guy sums up Pitts' pouting very well. Fuck her.

Geno and Tony Bennett are two of my favorite coaches, they just get it.

bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

If she flipped Whalen off, then she should have just owned up and accepted her punishment. If true, I'm glad Whalen didn't put up with it. Cant have players undermining the coach.
j2j

Post by j2j »

bubu dubu. wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 1:08 pm If she flipped Whalen off, then she should have just owned up and accepted her punishment. If true, I'm glad Whalen didn't put up with it. Cant have players undermining the coach.
Is that what happened? I havent seen video. Fuck her if she did.
We've been trying to reach you about your car's extended warranty.

***Official 2022 Froob Brackets Participant***
cmd24
***Official 2019 Froob Bracket Winner***

Post by cmd24 »

This is one of the reasons I love Geno.
*** Official 2019 Disputed Brackets Champ ***
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

IF that is what happened and that is her reaction to the punishment, she needs to grow up. A lot. But, who knows? There really hasn't been anything out there about it, has there?
Let's get Tropical
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

100% behind Whalen on this. Destiny (who the hell names their kid Destiny?) can hit that transfer portal and get the hell outta Dinkytown…..take yer drama elsewhere missy!
***THE REAL HORNETS HAS THOUSANDS OF POSTS and joined RC October 4, 2017!***
:naners: :naners: :naners:
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

Hornets wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 9:45 am 100% behind Whalen on this. Destiny (who the hell names their kid Destiny?) can hit that transfer portal and get the hell outta Dinkytown…..take yer drama elsewhere missy!
My question is more so on what Destiny's Child's name is. That kid has to be a Survivor...what's her name? Somoene say it. Say the name, say the name!
cmd24

Post by cmd24 »

bubu dubu. wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:19 pm
Hornets wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 9:45 am 100% behind Whalen on this. Destiny (who the hell names their kid Destiny?) can hit that transfer portal and get the hell outta Dinkytown…..take yer drama elsewhere missy!
My question is more so on what Destiny's Child's name is. That kid has to be a Survivor...what's her name? Somoene say it. Say the name, say the name!
I don't think you're ready for that jelly.
hategreenticemase

Post by hategreenticemase »

cmd24 wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 1:56 pm

It's about as spot on as spot on gets!
cmd24

Post by cmd24 »

hategreenticemase wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 7:49 am

Yep. I think an added bonus is that he acknowledges that he has multiple All-Americans and can replace a player, but the example he used was easily the greatest player in America at that time. No one is beyond reproach. If there is one coach that has the nuts to flat out say stuff like this, it's Geno. Any parent that didn't want their kid playing for him, should be knocked upside the head.
hategreenticemase

Post by hategreenticemase »

cmd24 wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 8:26 am
hategreenticemase wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 7:49 am

Yep. I think an added bonus is that he acknowledges that he has multiple All-Americans and can replace a player, but the example he used was easily the greatest player in America at that time. No one is beyond reproach. If there is one coach that has the nuts to flat out say stuff like this, it's Geno. Any parent that didn't want their kid playing for him, should be knocked upside the head.
Indeed!
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

Maybe we should lay off, Gentlemen.

Could have been here time of the month or something. :shrug:
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master