Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

*** Official Daniel Oturu Thread ***

Home for Gopher Basketball
memyworld

*** Official Daniel Oturu Thread ***

Post by memyworld »

The big man is off to a great sophomore season and he's starting to receive some national buzz. If that doesn't warrant its own thread, I don't know what does.

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum
Last edited by memyworld on Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
memyworld

Re: *** Official Daniel Oturu Thread ***

Post by memyworld »

Ranking the top 25 players in college basketball two months into the 2019-20 season

John Gasaway | ESPN Insider | January 15, 2020 @ 6:00 AM CT

Welcome to the first top-25 ranking of players of the decade. It's still a bit early to characterize the college basketball of the 2020s, but, if I had to hazard a guess, I would say 2s. Good 2-point scorers are found in abundance in this top 25.

Why is that, exactly? The interior space created by the new 3-point line has perhaps benefited the best scorers inside the arc but, of course, it has not lifted 2-point accuracy across Division I.

It's all a bit perplexing, really. So, yes, even after two weeks, the 2020s remain something of a mystery.

Just a reminder, these are rankings based on college performance and not a mock draft.

1. Obi Toppin, Dayton Flyers
2. Myles Powell, Seton Hall Pirates
3. Vernon Carey, Duke Blue Devils

4. Daniel Oturu, Minnesota Golden Gophers
The most underrated stat for post players might be minutes, and that's where Oturu really shines. It's all well and good that his numbers look impressive across the board, for example, but it's the fact that he can inflict that level of performance on opponents so relentlessly that makes him so valuable to Minnesota. Oturu has been on the floor for 88% of the Gophers' minutes to this point in conference play, and he's coming off a 30-point performance (on 12-of-16 shooting) against Michigan. The sophomore is possibly the most complete player in this season's unusually strong and deep Big Ten, and that's saying something.

5. Udoka Azubuike, Kansas Jayhawks
6. Markus Howard, Marquette Golden Eagles
7. Jordan Nwora, Louisville Cardinals
8. Luka Garza, Iowa Hawkeyes
9. Payton Pritchard, Oregon Ducks
10. Cassius Winston, Michigan State Spartans
Sid Hartman

Post by Sid Hartman »

Lol love it in handshake line he told Stevens his dinner plans for after game (and when I mean dinner plans he told him what he did to him on court and called him a b*tch)
Zimmer1: seriously you were the sperm that won?
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

Sid Hartman wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:38 pm Lol love it in handshake line he told Stevens his dinner plans for after game (and when I mean dinner plans he told him what he did to him on court and called him a b*tch)
Sounds like the "hand shake" between Bernie and Pocahantus last night after the debate!
***THE REAL HORNETS HAS THOUSANDS OF POSTS and joined RC October 4, 2017!***
:naners: :naners: :naners:
memyworld

Post by memyworld »

bombers3shooter

Post by bombers3shooter »

Good to see some fire last night! Steven's and Watkins are a couple of punks, but Penn State is a damn physical team and Oturu was able to set the tone and own the paint. Have to win your home games if you want any chance in this league. 3 losses in a row for Pedophile State! Now is the part of the schedule where we find out what kind of team the Gophs are. If they go 3-3 the next 6 games that would be a success, anything better than a split would be outstanding.
Bob Wiley

Post by Bob Wiley »

Nbadraft.net has him going at eight to the Pistons.
"Dude, my IQ and education level is a 1,000 times more than yours. I whip everyone's ass here and they cannot hold a candle to me." mlhouse
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

Probably a pretty safe bet that he moves on after this season, and who could blame him?
Let's get Tropical
Ask Not
***Official 2018 Froob Bracket Winner and MNRC HOF Member***

Post by Ask Not »

He's #26 on The Athletic's big board today. He was the big mover - up 55 spots. They highlighted his defense even more than his offense.
(Matthew Hurt was #25)
Ketchup can be nuancy
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

Earlier in the year, I didn't think Oturu would be going pro. I said last year this guy is the best Gophers player in decades but I didn't think he was ready.

Woof this draft is horrible! He's mocked at #8 in some write ups and I don't see this guy being a top NBA prospect at all. I do completely understand him going when he is mocked so high unlike Coffey who left and didn't even get drafted.

Take the dough big fella. He's been a absolute pleasure to watch but it sucks he will be gone so soon.

Oturu, we hardly knew ya!
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Dan33185

Post by Dan33185 »

Sid Hartman

Post by Sid Hartman »

Little Richie I hope is renting and not owning
Zimmer1: seriously you were the sperm that won?
HeHateMe
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Post by HeHateMe »

Sid Hartman wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:53 pm Little Richie I hope is renting and not owning
He gets paid 1.75 million if he's fired before May of 2021. Where's the joke still? lol
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

HeHateMe wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:20 am
Sid Hartman wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:53 pm Little Richie I hope is renting and not owning
He gets paid 1.75 million if he's fired before May of 2021. Where's the joke still? lol
I think he means he will be out of Minnesota the day he gets fired. Easier to do so renting.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
HeHateMe
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Post by HeHateMe »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 11:40 am
HeHateMe wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:20 am
I think he means he will be out of Minnesota the day he gets fired. Easier to do so renting.
Everyone knows he owns in Edina....... like Hornets aka Gus Munger
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.