Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

I am starting to see....

Home for Gopher Basketball
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

I am starting to see....

Post by RubeTube »

A "Maturation" process in Coach Pitino.

This has been his best coaching job since he has been here so far.

You know Teh Tube is not one to crown someone early but the start of the season has been very rich.

Let's see if this continues. If he makes a tourney appearance with this squad, it would truly be something.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
HeHateMe
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Re: I am starting to see....

Post by HeHateMe »

They have a brutal schedule coming up but the NET rating is very high right now. They played a really tough non conference schedule for a middle of the road power 5 program. Main thing is -- moments out there with four sophomores and a freshman are impressive. I think Oturu should leave if he is told he's a first rounder but this team would really be something a year from now if he stays and Walton commits.
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
INSIJS

Post by INSIJS »

HeHateMe wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 10:59 am They have a brutal schedule coming up but the NET rating is very high right now. They played a really tough non conference schedule for a middle of the road power 5 program. Main thing is -- moments out there with four sophomores and a freshman are impressive. I think Oturu should leave if he is told he's a first rounder but this team would really be something a year from now if he stays and Walton commits.
Why leave if only projected as a first rounder? Sometimes those guys fall to the second. Fuck that. Dominate at Minnesota until you’re a lottery pick. He’s got the talent.
Fuck you. :finger: Original RC 2004 & RC Kickball Team. :drinky:
full force five

Post by full force five »

If he stays for his Junior year and Walton stays this is a top 15 team with a great 8 type talent.
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

INSIJS wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 8:15 pm
HeHateMe wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 10:59 am They have a brutal schedule coming up but the NET rating is very high right now. They played a really tough non conference schedule for a middle of the road power 5 program. Main thing is -- moments out there with four sophomores and a freshman are impressive. I think Oturu should leave if he is told he's a first rounder but this team would really be something a year from now if he stays and Walton commits.
Why leave if only projected as a first rounder? Sometimes those guys fall to the second. Fuck that. Dominate at Minnesota until you’re a lottery pick. He’s got the talent.
First round picks have guaranteed money. Sooner you get that rookie scale deal, the sooner you get your second contract for more money.
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
full force five

I just wondering if Oturu is really 6'10"? Seems more like 6'8"-6'9".

He probably needs to work on his jumpers, rebounding and low post moves are off the charts. I see him as a 4 in the NBA.
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

full force five wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 2:51 pm I just wondering if Oturu is really 6'10"? Seems more like 6'8"-6'9".

He probably needs to work on his jumpers, rebounding and low post moves are off the charts. I see him as a 4 in the NBA.
I am guessing he's 6'9 with shoes... just a guess.

That might hurt him but I do think he's a guy with a long wingspan who can play the 4 or 5 at the next level. He's definitely working on that jump shot and if he continues to work on his body he could be a really good NBA player.
beetlebum71

Post by beetlebum71 »

HeHateMe wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 3:07 pm
full force five wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 2:51 pm I just wondering if Oturu is really 6'10"? Seems more like 6'8"-6'9".

That might hurt him but I do think he's a guy with a long wingspan who can play the 4 or 5 at the next level. He's definitely working on that jump shot and if he continues to work on his body he could be a really good NBA player.
His midrange J is wet, and he's showing range to the arc. If he can work some more on that this summer and show growth there in his junior year, he'll be a top 10 pick. But, if he gets a 1st round grade this spring, it's hard to imagine him turning down being a millionaire.
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

beetlebum71 wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 4:26 pm

His midrange J is wet, and he's showing range to the arc. If he can work some more on that this summer and show growth there in his junior year, he'll be a top 10 pick. But, if he gets a 1st round grade this spring, it's hard to imagine him turning down being a millionaire.
Thought I heard he's on pace to graduate this spring too.
full force five

If Oturu would stick around for one more year . . . . top 5 type season next year!
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

Thrillkill wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 8:17 pm
beetlebum71 wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 4:26 pm

Thought I heard he's on pace to graduate this spring too.
Next year, he'll be done in three years.
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

If Pitino gets a tourney bid he deserves a extension here imo. A tourney appearance and I give him two more years with his year next year.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
ForCaleb

Post by ForCaleb »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 10:08 pm If Pitino gets a tourney bid he deserves a extension here imo. A tourney appearance and I give him two more years with his year next year.
Didn't he just get an extension?
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

ForCaleb wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 7:30 am
Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 10:08 pm If Pitino gets a tourney bid he deserves a extension here imo. A tourney appearance and I give him two more years with his year next year.
Didn't he just get an extension?
Yes. I just looked it up. Either I didn't know or I completely.forgot he got extended less than a year ago. My bad. I had to of known as I was all over that Arkansas thread last spring.

Slipped my mind.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

His extension last year was big to get the buyout lowered. I think he deserves the job next year -- if somehow Oturu stays and they can land Kerwin Walton, look at this team:

Carr/Mashburn Jr/Greenlee
Kalscheur/Willis
Walton/Williams
Curry/Omersa/Ihnen
Oturu/Mitchell/Freeman

that's a really good squad!!
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

I'm starting to love watch Richard grow into this job.

This is his best coaching job here. Maybe Oturu is just that good that it is masking other problems?

He has this team playing a lot better than I expected.

Bring them back to back in the tourney, Richard_
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

Carr is pretty tough too. It sure would have been nice to see him on last year's club.
Let's get Tropical
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 12:25 am I'm starting to love watch Richard grow into this job.

This is his best coaching job here. Maybe Oturu is just that good that it is masking other problems?

He has this team playing a lot better than I expected.

Bring them back to back in the tourney, Richard_
Having a true pg does wonders. Carr when he's on is pretty damn good. He's inconsistent but that's why he's here and why he went to Pitt and not a blue blood program.