Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

#10 Gophers vs #2 Mich St ***Punch Your Ticket Edition***

Home for Gopher Basketball
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Re: #10 Gophers vs #2 Mich St ***Punch Your Ticket Edition***

Post by RubeTube »

Thanks for the good game thread boy's. I tried to get it hyped up.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
SHAFA

Post by SHAFA »

Man, I had to set it to record after the rough start. I came back and plowed through it, and they had me locked in a bit there in the 2nd when they brought it back within 8..I think.

Felt bad for Murph. The feels at the end were something. I’ll miss that dude.
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

SHAFA wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 10:17 pm Man, I had to set it to record after the rough start. I came back and plowed through it, and they had me locked in a bit there in the 2nd when they brought it back within 8..I think.

Brought it within 9, was the closest I believe. I had stopped actively watching, and then saw they brought it within 9, so turned it back on. Then that Winston kid went on a 7-0 run by himself. Thats when I turned the game off for good.
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

bubu dubu. wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 10:19 pm
SHAFA wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 10:17 pm Man, I had to set it to record after the rough start. I came back and plowed through it, and they had me locked in a bit there in the 2nd when they brought it back within 8..I think.

Brought it within 9, was the closest I believe. I had stopped actively watching, and then saw they brought it within 9, so turned it back on. Then that Winston kid went on a 7-0 run by himself. Thats when I turned the game off for good.
I went ape. Pumped it up at my pad. I knew they couldn't sustain without Murphy but it felt good to fight.

Then Mich St dumped it on and ended it.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

bubu dubu. wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 10:19 pm

I watched every damn minute. It's so rare we are even in the rd of 32.

Vikings and Gophers basketball are so far and above my love for any other teams. :thumbsup:
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
morneaumvp

Post by morneaumvp »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 9:23 pm
morneaumvp wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 9:01 pm It sucks to think what could have been with this team, had that dumbass center not gotten kicked out of the program.

He and Murphy were a great tag team on the court.
Lynch was a senior last year. Wouldn't of been here tonight anyway.
It still slowed the program down
feekdogg

Post by feekdogg »

Like others said, my old heart aches for Jordan Murphy. Statisically speaking, he's one of the greatest Gophers of all time.
There is no shame in losing to MSU. That's a damn good team, and that's how a Big 10 roster should be constructed, with active bigs and multiple guys who can bury threes. When you need to battle them down low and you're missing 3 of your 4 best post players, you're screwed.
That said, there's plenty to be optimistic about for the future if the young guys can build on this experience.
Qman65

Post by Qman65 »

feekdogg wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 10:56 pm Like others said, my old heart aches for Jordan Murphy. Statisically speaking, he's one of the greatest Gophers of all time.
There is no shame in losing to MSU. That's a damn good team, and that's how a Big 10 roster should be constructed, with active bigs and multiple guys who can bury threes. When you need to battle them down low and you're missing 3 of your 4 best post players, you're screwed.
That said, there's plenty to be optimistic about for the future if the young guys can build on this experience.
There isn't much to build on when you don't have a coach of Izzo's pedigree. I don't see Izzo and strippers as a problem. I see the opposite when it comes to the Gopher program.
Last edited by Qman65 on Sun Mar 24, 2019 12:23 am, edited 2 times in total.
"That's like uh, your opinion man"!
Herky

Post by Herky »

When MSU is firing on all cylinders they are very tough to beat. Gophers had a good season and that was a tough draw.