Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Wisconsin @ Gophers

Home for Gopher Basketball
HeHateMe
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Re: Wisconsin @ Gophers

Post by HeHateMe »

The Replacements wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:23 am I think this one is on Pitino and his offense. So many puzzling offensive sets. They had some match-ups I thought they would exploit but instead a lot of one on one plays that resulted in tough shots.
Murphy kills me.... he draws a double team. The Gophers have shooters (not named McBrayer) who can make open shots.... I said a year ago they should use Murphy in the post to draw double teams and use the shooters to space the floor. Murphy instead gets the ball, puts it on the floor and tries to bulldoze past/through defenders. It goes in sometime but this is how you create open looks for your teammates and they don't do it!
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
full force five

Post by full force five »

Run a triangle offense with Murphy in the low post, IW getting the ball and Gabe as a kick out guy if they double Murphy. The top of the arc hand-off makes me want to poke my eyes out.
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

HeHateMe wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:30 am
The Replacements wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:23 am I think this one is on Pitino and his offense. So many puzzling offensive sets. They had some match-ups I thought they would exploit but instead a lot of one on one plays that resulted in tough shots.
Murphy kills me.... he draws a double team. The Gophers have shooters (not named McBrayer) who can make open shots.... I said a year ago they should use Murphy in the post to draw double teams and use the shooters to space the floor. Murphy instead gets the ball, puts it on the floor and tries to bulldoze past/through defenders. It goes in sometime but this is how you create open looks for your teammates and they don't do it!
You have gone off the deep end. Similar to your Hurt takes a couple year's back. The recruitment has you gassed up.

Reality is...

This is a horrible shooting team, especially from 3. They are shooting it at a 30% clip this year.

Gabe who you claimed as "The next Hoffarber" is shooting 39% from the field and 36% from 3.

Could he get better? Sure. But this team sucks at shooting the ball right now.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 4:19 pm
You have gone off the deep end. Similar to your Hurt takes a couple year's back. The recruitment has you gassed up.

Reality is...

This is a horrible shooting team, especially from 3. They are shooting it at a 30% clip this year.

Gabe who you claimed as "The next Hoffarber" is shooting 39% from the field and 36% from 3.

Hoffarber shot 34% one year, if you don't think Gabe is a good shooter, why would I even spend time going back and forth with you on it? Stull shot 38 % last year, why are they not working an offense that creates space with double teams in the post and kick outs for three? I'm offering up solutions to try and fix the offense.

My Hurt takes were he's better than a MIAC player. Oh no...

I've gone off the deep end. :lol: You admit over and over you don't even follow shit yet we're supposed to count your opinion on everything?
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

HeHateMe wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 5:19 pm

Reality is...

Hoffarber shot 34% one year, if you don't think Gabe is a good shooter, why would I even spend time going back and forth with you on it? Stull shot 38 % last year, why are they not working an offense that creates space with double teams in the post and kick outs for three? I'm offering up solutions to try and fix the offense.

I've gone off the deep end. :lol: You admit over and over you don't even follow shit yet we're supposed to count your opinion on everything?
I have watched plenty this year. I didn't watch some of the non conference games early in the year.

You were pounding the table at one point to get Hurt more looks. I notice you don't mention him anymore.

It's just a forum and a take. Not a big deal.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 5:25 pm

Reality is...

I have watched plenty this year. I didn't watch some of the non conference games early in the year.

You were pounding the table at one point to get Hurt more looks. I notice you don't mention him anymore.

Yeah, I was... last year when they only had a few options. This year there is a bit more depth and they've had health. Plus, I can't control whether Hurt is assertive or not. If he was assertive, I don't think many would complain about him. He had other high major offers including big ten teams. If people think he's only good enough for the MIAC, so be it.

Stull and Kalscheur are good shooters. Kalscheur is the best shooter the program has had since Hoffarber. Prove me wrong.
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

HeHateMe wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 5:42 pm

Yeah, I was... last year when they only had a few options. This year there is a bit more depth and they've had health. Plus, I can't control whether Hurt is assertive or not. If he was assertive, I don't think many would complain about him. He had other high major offers including big ten teams. If people think he's only good enough for the MIAC, so be it.

Stull and Kalscheur are good shooters. Kalscheur is the best shooter the program has had since Hoffarber. Prove me wrong.
I'm not saying he will or won't be.

Prove you wrong? It goes both ways. I'm just saying let's not crown him before he's even played a game here.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 5:44 pm

Prove you wrong? It goes both ways. I'm just saying let's not crown him before he's even played a game here.
What did I crown him for? I had seen Kalscheur play several times in high school and say by my eye he's the best shooter they've had since Blake. Sorry for contributing that opinion.

In your opinion, since Hoffarber graduated, who is the best shooter the program has had?
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

HeHateMe wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 5:47 pm

What did I crown him for? I had seen Kalscheur play several times in high school and say by my eye he's the best shooter they've had since Blake. Sorry for contributing that opinion.

In your opinion, since Hoffarber graduated, who is the best shooter the program has had?
I'm sure Hurt could shoot it in HS too. Hell, Andrew Wiggins was pretty good in college. Michael Bauer was once the baddest man on the Minnesota basketball scene and when Monson got him, he was just ok. I'm sure that Dorsey kid we had a few year's back was real badass in HS too.

Have to see these guy's at the next level first. I know you don't agree but Amir Coffey has been a huge letdown imo. He was supposed to be a transcending talent. He won't even go down as a Gopher great.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
snicker

Post by snicker »

Funny listening to goopher fans bitch about Davison on KFAN today. Remember, he's "one of yours".
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

snicker wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 7:11 pm Funny listening to goopher fans bitch about Davison on KFAN today. Remember, he's "one of yours".
I don't remember Gophers fans bitching about Leuer, Berggren, Taylor, Taylor, etc Maybe Brueswitz but he had very little talent. He was the Miles Tarver/Brian Cardinal agitator.
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 5:56 pm

I'm sure Hurt could shoot it in HS too. Hell, Andrew Wiggins was pretty good in college. Michael Bauer was once the baddest man on the Minnesota basketball scene and when Monson got him, he was just ok. I'm sure that Dorsey kid we had a few year's back was real badass in HS too.

Have to see these guy's at the next level first. I know you don't agree but Amir Coffey has been a huge letdown imo. He was supposed to be a transcending talent. He won't even go down as a Gopher great.
Huge letdowns... let's talk about Dorsey there. Headcase and not very good on the court. He picked Minnesota over Maryland. Wow.

You didn't answer my question.
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

HeHateMe wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:18 pm

Huge letdowns... let's talk about Dorsey there. Headcase and not very good on the court. He picked Minnesota over Maryland. Wow.

I did answer the question. I don't know if he's best shooter since Blake. Maybe he will be and maybe he won't be. That's the point... Wait and see what he does first.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:52 pm
HeHateMe wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:18 pm

I did answer the question. I don't know if he's best shooter since Blake. Maybe he will be and maybe he won't be. That's the point... Wait and see what he does first.
I said who do you think is the best shooter since Blake. YOu didn't answer.
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

I think it very well could be Kalscheur. His shot is damn smooth. I just hope for some real PG play in his future to help maximize what he can do from the outside.
Let's get Tropical
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

jffl_commish wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 12:47 pm I think it very well could be Kalscheur. His shot is damn smooth. I just hope for some real PG play in his future to help maximize what he can do from the outside.
I'm not going to claim to be a Marcus Carr expert but I think it's safe to say he would be the starter right now if eligible.

Willis, I'm less optimistic about though the nail in the coffin for his Vandy career was Darius Garland.
ForCaleb

Post by ForCaleb »

snicker wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 7:11 pm Funny listening to goopher fans bitch about Davison on KFAN today. Remember, he's "one of yours".
What'd he do?
Ask Not
***Official 2018 Froob Bracket Winner and MNRC HOF Member***

Post by Ask Not »

ForCaleb wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:54 pm
What'd he do?
Google Davison trips Murphy. It's on 247sports and other outlets. The Strib has it, too.
He literally sticks his foot under Murphy who is coming down with a rebound. The only possible explanation is that he was trying to injure Murphy. You can look up his punch to the nads of Sam Hauser earlier this year and tries to trip Nate Mason last year. I'm so glad he didn't go to the U. There's no way I could cheer for that guy. Don't even get me started on the flopping.
Ketchup can be nuancy
ForCaleb

Post by ForCaleb »

Ask Not wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 5:28 pm
ForCaleb wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:54 pm
What'd he do?
Google Davison trips Murphy. It's on 247sports and other outlets. The Strib has it, too.
He literally sticks his foot under Murphy who is coming down with a rebound. The only possible explanation is that he was trying to injure Murphy. You can look up his punch to the nads of Sam Hauser earlier this year and tries to trip Nate Mason last year. I'm so glad he didn't go to the U. There's no way I could cheer for that guy. Don't even get me started on the flopping.
A more subtle Grayson Allen. Great.
The Replacements

Post by The Replacements »

Gopher fans would love Davison if they had him. He's just an easy target to vent their frustration about Minnesota having another bad season.
ForCaleb

Post by ForCaleb »

The Replacements wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 7:14 pm Gopher fans would love Davison if they had him. He's just an easy target to vent their frustration about Minnesota having another bad season.
Ha, there’d be way more to vent about the team than Davison. You like his antics?
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

The Replacements wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 7:14 pm Gopher fans would love Davison if they had him. He's just an easy target to vent their frustration about Minnesota having another bad season.
You haven't heard? We are supposed to be excited about this season.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
The Replacements

ForCaleb wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 7:59 pm
Ha, there’d be way more to vent about the team than Davison. You like his antics?
I love Davison, He's a leader, always plays hard, tough as hell and he's clutch. Give me a team of players like that.
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

The Replacements wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:15 pm
I love Davison, He's a leader, always plays hard, tough as hell and he's clutch. Give me a team of players like that.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
The Replacements

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:30 pm

I get the blessing from RubeTroll. :thumbsup:
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

The Replacements wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:34 pm
Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:30 pm

I get the blessing from RubeTroll. :thumbsup:

Hey, at least you guy's actually play a PG. :beer:
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
ForCaleb

Post by ForCaleb »

I agree, what about his antics?
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

I'd root for Davison if he didn't seem to get himself caught in controversy with his body. I understand now his game is either giving up his body to try and draw fouls. Offensively he's constantly trying to draw fouls, defensively he wants to take charges and irritate the guy he's guarding.

I don't watch a ton of Wisconsin but there are some questionable decisions he's made on the floor in the three games I've seen versus Minnesota. One resulted in an injury, one resulted in himself getting smacked in the face (followed by a technical foul), and then this near miss. Not to mention the refs are calling him for blocks now when he's giving up his body trying to draw charges.

Leader? Yes. Everything I've heard about him says this is true. High character? Sounds like that's a yes too. Decisions on the basketball floor at times? Questionable. Pitino himself said they sent in the tape to the big ten to review. Honestly, that's fair. If Davison was on the Gophers and nearly took out Ethan Happ like that, I'd say the same. Anyone who knows who Bruce Bowen is knows it's basketball 101 to NOT put your feet underneath a guy in the air. And this is you moving your feet underneath them, intentional OR NOT, so they would potentially land on your feet and suffer a serious lower body injury.
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

The dude is a flopper and is dirty as hell. Period.
Let's get Tropical
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

Another dump of a game by Coffey today.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master