Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Wisconsin @ Gophers

Home for Gopher Basketball
HeHateMe
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Re: Wisconsin @ Gophers

Post by HeHateMe »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 2:52 pm Another dump of a game by Coffey today.
I always like when people single out one guy. The team was blown out. Putrid effort by pretty much everyone. Oturu might be the only exempt, maybe Kalscheur today too.
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

HeHateMe wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 3:10 pm
Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 2:52 pm Another dump of a game by Coffey today.
I always like when people single out one guy. The team was blown out. Putrid effort by pretty much everyone. Oturu might be the only exempt, maybe Kalscheur today too.
He's supposed to be head and shoulders above the rest. They need him to show up to have any chance.

This happens far too often with him. It's not just today.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 3:13 pm
He's supposed to be head and shoulders above the rest. They need him to show up to have any chance.

This happens far too often with him. It's not just today.
I'd argue the team has to show up if they want a chance. I missed most of the first half but saw he had three fouls at that point.

Besides, you don't think he's that good so what do you expect?
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
hategreenticemase

Post by hategreenticemase »

Ask Not wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 5:28 pm
ForCaleb wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:54 pm
snicker wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 7:11 pm Funny listening to goopher fans bitch about Davison on KFAN today. Remember, he's "one of yours".
What'd he do?
Google Davison trips Murphy. It's on 247sports and other outlets. The Strib has it, too.
He literally sticks his foot under Murphy who is coming down with a rebound. The only possible explanation is that he was trying to injure Murphy. You can look up his punch to the nads of Sam Hauser earlier this year and tries to trip Nate Mason last year. I'm so glad he didn't go to the U. There's no way I could cheer for that guy. Don't even get me started on the flopping.
I hadnt seen that. What a piece of shit. Unbelievably chicken shit. That's where you need someone to take a run at a piece of shit like that - a guy you dont care about getting ejected. Where is Mile Tarver when you need him to take a run a guy at Willum Arena? :lol:
hategreenticemase

I always like when good rubes waste time arguing with someone they know is a moron. I only glanced at two pages, and its filled with ol HHM trying to educate the short bus kid again. I think you must not get a lot of fullfillment in your job based on how often you try and edumuhcate unedumuhcatable dummies! :mrgreen:
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

hategreenticemase wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 5:03 pm
I always like when good rubes waste time arguing with someone they know is a moron. I only glanced at two pages, and its filled with ol HHM trying to educate the short bus kid again. I think you must not get a lot of fullfillment in your job based on how often you try and edumuhcate unedumuhcatable dummies! :mrgreen:
I've questioned myself at times why I continue to post Gophers hoops on here knowing most of the diehards are on Gopherhole or 247 aka Gophers Illustrated. I obviously don't always know who watches and who doesn't on here or just chimes in because it's a forum for all MN sports. I've thought about heading to GI a lot but it's a pay site and I obviously like talking other sports + I've been on rube chat since 2006. Oh well.
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

I didn't get to see the game today. What happened to Murphy? Doesn't look like he was in foul trouble.
Let's get Tropical
feekdogg

Post by feekdogg »

jffl_commish wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 5:58 pm I didn't get to see the game today. What happened to Murphy? Doesn't look like he was in foul trouble.
MSU has a very competent and physical frontcourt.

It's very valid to criticize Murphy and Coffey. The entire team was garbage, but these are supposed to be leaders.
hategreenticemase

HeHateMe wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 5:42 pm
hategreenticemase wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 5:03 pm

I've questioned myself at times why I continue to post Gophers hoops on here knowing most of the diehards are on Gopherhole or 247 aka Gophers Illustrated. I obviously don't always know who watches and who doesn't on here or just chimes in because it's a forum for all MN sports. I've thought about heading to GI a lot but it's a pay site and I obviously like talking other sports + I've been on rube chat since 2006. Oh well.
A good rule of thumb would be "if the person thought Demry Croft is a superstar" I don't debate with them. :lol:

Hey, speaking of those other sites (which I never really frequented) - is Goldtard over there? That's one fucker I miss. God he was more entertaining than we deserved.
The Replacements

Post by The Replacements »

HeHateMe wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:31 pm I'd root for Davison if he didn't seem to get himself caught in controversy with his body. I understand now his game is either giving up his body to try and draw fouls. Offensively he's constantly trying to draw fouls, defensively he wants to take charges and irritate the guy he's guarding.

I don't watch a ton of Wisconsin but there are some questionable decisions he's made on the floor in the three games I've seen versus Minnesota. One resulted in an injury, one resulted in himself getting smacked in the face (followed by a technical foul), and then this near miss. Not to mention the refs are calling him for blocks now when he's giving up his body trying to draw charges.

Leader? Yes. Everything I've heard about him says this is true. High character? Sounds like that's a yes too. Decisions on the basketball floor at times? Questionable. Pitino himself said they sent in the tape to the big ten to review. Honestly, that's fair. If Davison was on the Gophers and nearly took out Ethan Happ like that, I'd say the same. Anyone who knows who Bruce Bowen is knows it's basketball 101 to NOT put your feet underneath a guy in the air. And this is you moving your feet underneath them, intentional OR NOT, so they would potentially land on your feet and suffer a serious lower body injury.
Agree with most of this. He is not a dirty player at all. He plays hard and sometimes out of control. The Big Ten didn't see anything in the tape the Gophers sent and neither did I. The one questionable act by Davison may have cost the Badgers the Marquette game. It seems likely he gave Hauser a nut shot and was called for it. The interesting thing about that is he and Hauser are friends. Their families are close. I heard the two of them were chirping back and forth and this might be like two brothers fighting. That's the only Davison item I would question.
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

Did the big ten make a ruling? And agree to disagree on the tape -- IMO it was not a natural move for someone to extend their leg under a guy. End of the day, it avoided serious injury. We have shitty drivers out there who nearly cause horrific accidents but they avoid it for whatever reason. Had Murphy gotten hurt, we'd all have a different opinion I believe.