Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

2020 Gophers Hoops Recruits

Home for Gopher Basketball
HeHateMe
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Re: 2020 Gophers Hoops Recruits

Post by HeHateMe »

Brewster Academy 4-star 2020 guard Jamal Mashburn Jr said he will visit Cal on September 26-29 and is also planning on official visits to Wake Forest and Minnesota in October.
No surprises there.
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
Hoop Dreams
***Official 2022 Froob Bracket Winner***

Post by Hoop Dreams »

HeHateMe wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:18 pm
Rochester Mayo/@WisconsinPGC 2020 wing Gabe Madsen has set four official visits:

Xavier - August 23-25
Cincinnati - August 29-31
Minnesota - September 13-15
Northwestern - September 20-22

Looking at adding one more.

I would assume his brother will be with him for the Xavier visit. I bet they commit there on the visit.
I'm not so sure. Xavier has three highly rated guards committed already for the 2020 class.
Eroder wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 5:13 pm That settles it. Hoop is right!
Eroder wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 12:59 pm Hoop is right again!!
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

Hoop Dreams wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:14 pm
HeHateMe wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:18 pm
Rochester Mayo/@WisconsinPGC 2020 wing Gabe Madsen has set four official visits:

Xavier - August 23-25
Cincinnati - August 29-31
Minnesota - September 13-15
Northwestern - September 20-22

Looking at adding one more.

I would assume his brother will be with him for the Xavier visit. I bet they commit there on the visit.
I'm not so sure. Xavier has three highly rated guards committed already for the 2020 class.
Right on. I hadn't paid attention to Xavier's class. Maybe cincy then for the Madsen bros.
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
Hoop Dreams

Post by Hoop Dreams »

Hoop Dreams

Post by Hoop Dreams »

HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

Per RJ, run down on the local kids:

Jalen Suggs - Gonzaga
Dawson Garcia - still fairly wide open, might be a spring commit like Hurt was this past spring. Gophers still have a shot.
Dain Dainja - Committed to Baylor but grades are a problem. Working hard to fix those issues.
Kerwin Walton -- desire still to stay local, that could be Iowa St though too not just Minnesota. Arizona and Miami FL involved though heavily.
Ben Carlson -- Xavier or Stanford.... MN is in the next tier with Wisconsin and Purdue
Steven Crowl -- Wisconsin probably the favorite, Colorado with McKinley Wright are making a huge push though. Also Iowa and Northern Iowa likely getting official visits. MN lingering but doesn't look good. Thanks Richard!
Gabe Madsen -- if he and twin brother like Cincy, that's over. If Gabe doesn't commit to Cincy, Minnesota and Marquette are the main options. Northwestern lingering.
Jacob Jennisen -- Colorado St is working hard on him. Gophers have stayed in contact but no offer yet. Colorado St is hoping no one finds out about him though!

Non local kids they're after:
Berry, Mashburn JR, Murrell, Coles, Mitchell, Gordon.

Berry officially visiting for the football game next week. Carlson, Walton, Crowl and Garcia all expected to there as visitors too.
full force five

Post by full force five »

What a grim look at the 2020 class. If Richard goes 0'fer he should be gone.
full force five

For what it's worth, I'm underwhelmed by Crowl. I watched him several times last winter and it was not good. I think Madsen and maybe Walton are the best we can hope for.
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

full force five wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 12:02 pm What a grim look at the 2020 class. If Richard goes 0'fer he should be gone.
I tend to think they're going to land Berry. That might be the start they need, hopefully he bonds with Walton and Garcia next weekend.
Hoop Dreams

Post by Hoop Dreams »

HeHateMe wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 12:23 pm
full force five wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 12:02 pm What a grim look at the 2020 class. If Richard goes 0'fer he should be gone.
I tend to think they're going to land Berry. That might be the start they need, hopefully he bonds with Walton and Garcia next weekend.
Gut feeling or do you know something? Berry would be a really good pickup.
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

Hoop Dreams wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 10:46 pm
HeHateMe wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 12:23 pm
Gut feeling or do you know something? Berry would be a really good pickup.
I know little, just that he's got a connection with Lindsted and another school he really liked got a guard already.
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

2020 6-10 big man, Jethro Muscadin, will take an official visit to Minnesota on September 13 per @endless_motor. @mjessenhoward
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

HeHateMe wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 11:14 am 2020 6-10 big man, Jethro Muscadin, will take an official visit to Minnesota on September 13 per @endless_motor. @mjessenhoward
***THE REAL HORNETS HAS THOUSANDS OF POSTS and joined RC October 4, 2017!***
:naners: :naners: :naners:
Style

Post by Style »

Big night for Dick’s recruiting at the football game. Anyone on commitment watch?
“Juiceless = useless” - Pat Fitzgerald
Hoop Dreams

Post by Hoop Dreams »

Hornets

Post by Hornets »

I'm sure the Rodent's beatdown of the Jack Rabbits impressed the recruits.... :roll:
***THE REAL HORNETS HAS THOUSANDS OF POSTS and joined RC October 4, 2017!***
:naners: :naners: :naners:
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

Hornets wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 9:06 pm I'm sure the Rodent's beatdown of the Jack Rabbits impressed the recruits.... :roll:
Apparently the players had a great time!

Crowl is back on the radar for Minnesota.
bri

Post by bri »

How does Pitino not focus on MN kids?
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

bri wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 6:03 pm How does Pitino not focus on MN kids?
You can focus on whatever guy/gal you want, doesn't mean they're going to say yes.

Gophers had a bunch of local kids on campus last Thursday. Suggs keeps saying MN is in his group but he's going to Gonzaga. Dainja went to Baylor because academically he wasn't getting into the U, might not get into Baylor.
full force five

HeHateMe wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 9:53 am
Hornets wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 9:06 pm I'm sure the Rodent's beatdown of the Jack Rabbits impressed the recruits.... :roll:

Is the feeling mutual between Crowl and MN? Crowl seems disappointed when he meet this summer and came away with out an offer.
Style

Post by Style »

Thanks for the info as always HHM.
“Juiceless = useless” - Pat Fitzgerald
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

full force five wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:36 am

Is the feeling mutual between Crowl and MN? Crowl seems disappointed when he meet this summer and came away with out an offer.
I think so. Everything sounded positive though he might still favor Wisconsin.
The Replacements

Post by The Replacements »

HeHateMe wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:44 am

Some on the Wisconsin board think he's a Wisconsin lean. Personally I think he's wide open. If Minnesota was his dream school awhile back, I think he eventually finds his way to Minnesota.
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

The Replacements wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 12:54 pm

Some on the Wisconsin board think he's a Wisconsin lean. Personally I think he's wide open. If Minnesota was his dream school awhile back, I think he eventually finds his way to Minnesota.
I thought he liked Iowa then something came up that he didn't have a great meeting or unofficial with them? I'm having a hard time following him now. Other power 5 schools have reached out and he's told them no thanks. I don't know what is really going on but I know Ryan James at one point said his parents don't have a clue which was he's leaning either.

My hope is Ben Carlson ends up at Wisconsin so they're full and Crowl comes to Minnesota. I like Crowl more than Carlson personally, especially the potential fit with Oturu and Garcia. I don't think Garcia/Carlson will play together because they're both 4s.
The Replacements

HeHateMe wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:04 am
I thought he liked Iowa then something came up that he didn't have a great meeting or unofficial with them? I'm having a hard time following him now. Other power 5 schools have reached out and he's told them no thanks. I don't know what is really going on but I know Ryan James at one point said his parents don't have a clue which was he's leaning either.

My hope is Ben Carlson ends up at Wisconsin so they're full and Crowl comes to Minnesota. I like Crowl more than Carlson personally, especially the potential fit with Oturu and Garcia. I don't think Garcia/Carlson will play together because they're both 4s.
I've heard Carlson is a long shot with Wisconsin. I am surprised he's taking a official visit this month. It's recruiting so what do I know.
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

The Replacements wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 11:31 am

I've heard Carlson is a long shot with Wisconsin. I am surprised he's taking a official visit this month. It's recruiting so what do I know.
Yeah, Xavier and Stanford have long been the favorites. Just sayin' I hope he or someone else takes Wisconsin's last spot before Crowl decides.
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

DJ Gordon moved his visit to MN up. Might be in two weeks? Think Penn St is next weekend.

Final six: Pittsburgh
Providence
Minnesota
Iowa
Penn State
VCU
The Replacements

HeHateMe wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 11:35 am
The Replacements wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 11:31 am

Yeah, Xavier and Stanford have long been the favorites. Just sayin' I hope he or someone else takes Wisconsin's last spot before Crowl decides.
It has been interesting watching Coach Gard evolve and change as a recruiter. His difficulties with Herro and the Hausers have taught him to expand his recruiting and see/offer more players. I don't feel like anyone is a must get anymore. I'm more concerned with over signing too many players.
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

Latest RJ note has Crowl probably heading to Wisconsin. Carlson may have just visited there and was recently at Xavier. RJ still thinks Carlson will go out of state but small chance for MN.

Garcia will announce a final 5 or 6 real soon, Minnesota will be on it. Indiana, Marquette, Texas and two or three blue bloods like Kansas will be on there.

Walton taking his time to line everything up.

Big man Jethro M visiting this next weekend.
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

Minnesota’s Richard Pitino and an assistant will be in today for four-star senior DJ Gordon, a source told @Stockrisers; Penn State went four-deep for him earlier.