Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Purdue Gets Screwed

Home for Gopher football topics
NutCupGuy

Purdue Gets Screwed

Post by NutCupGuy »

We've all seen bad calls. We've all seen calls that have cost teams a game. But last night was inexcusable. It was unfathomable. It was atrocious. It was egregious.

Go back and watch that play. There are several slow motion replays. Pay close attention to when the flag gets thrown. It's not during the hand fighting, it's as the ball is hitting the tight ends hand for a TD. It actually looks like the ref was waiting to see what happens. Purdue TD? Penalty, offensive pass interference.

I'm a gopher fan and I can't comprehend what I just saw. If you bet Purdue last night, I understand if you threw something through your tv screen. That call was so bad it makes the game look fixed. Again, all this is coming from a gopher fan. I guess we... won?
hategreenticemase

Re: Purdue Gets Screwed

Post by hategreenticemase »

NutCupGuy wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:47 am We've all seen bad calls. We've all seen calls that have cost teams a game. But last night was inexcusable. It was unfathomable. It was atrocious. It was egregious.

Go back and watch that play. There are several slow motion replays. Pay close attention to when the flag gets thrown. It's not during the hand fighting, it's as the ball is hitting the tight ends hand for a TD. It actually looks like the ref was waiting to see what happens. Purdue TD? Penalty, offensive pass interference.

I'm a gopher fan and I can't comprehend what I just saw. If you bet Purdue last night, I understand if you threw something through your tv screen. That call was so bad it makes the game look fixed. Again, all this is coming from a gopher fan. I guess we... won?
BTN post-game railed on it pretty hard. Certainly was a terrible and phantom call.

You want to see a "fix is in" Google in YouTube "Irving Fryer drops the ball". This wasn't ref related but its the most obvious fix is in thing I ever saw. :lol:
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS!! I'm so offended!

This will be a HUGE game changer.

Likely sends the winner to the Totinos Pizza Roll Bowl and the loser to the Mallow Cup Bowl.

OH MY!!!
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Slap Shot

Post by Slap Shot »

Watch the replay. Then comment on the screw job earlier that led to a Purdue TD.

Waaah!
full force five

Post by full force five »

The PI earlier in the game against the gopher was just as bad, no one is talking about that. It was a bad call. Purdue pissed away the game in many other ways, sorry.
Hoop Dreams
***Official 2022 Froob Bracket Winner***

Post by Hoop Dreams »

full force five wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 12:48 pm The PI earlier in the game against the gopher was just as bad, no one is talking about that. It was a bad call. Purdue pissed away the game in many other ways, sorry.
The PI call against us might have been worse. There was absolutely nothing there. Their kicker was struggling too, so no guarantees he would have made the field goal.
Eroder wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 5:13 pm That settles it. Hoop is right!
Eroder wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 12:59 pm Hoop is right again!!
D_H

Post by D_H »

Purdue should have won this game. Terrible!