Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

***Official Chris Hawkeyes at Gophers thread***

Home for Gopher football topics
Rusty Kuntz

Re: ***Official Chris Hawkeyes at Gophers thread***

Post by Rusty Kuntz »

Alright, let's go down and get a td before half..
SKOLMN

Post by SKOLMN »

We need a score here before we head into the half, otherwise I don’t see a comeback happening
feekdogg

Post by feekdogg »

Maybe Fleck can spark the team with a catchy slogan or acronyn.
Rusty Kuntz

Post by Rusty Kuntz »

Tanner is 3/9.. not good..
Rusty Kuntz

Post by Rusty Kuntz »

Good night everyone!
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

Time for the Seth Green show! Tanner is terrible...
***THE REAL HORNETS HAS THOUSANDS OF POSTS and joined RC October 4, 2017!***
:naners: :naners: :naners:
SKOLMN

Post by SKOLMN »

Remember when tanner morgan was supposed to be a first round pick? :lol:
Rusty Kuntz

Post by Rusty Kuntz »

SKOLMN wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 7:23 pm Remember when tanner morgan was supposed to be a first round pick? :lol:
IALTO :lol:
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

SKOLMN wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 7:23 pm Remember when tanner morgan was supposed to be a first round pick? :lol:
Didn't RT predict that?! :lol:
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

You've got to be fucking kidding me. How the hell is that not targeting and the Gophers one earlier was?
Let's get Tropical
Bob Wiley

Post by Bob Wiley »

The the gophers getting out coached? Zero points and a running back who went for over 200 last game. I get that the defensive line is young and can’t stop the run, but I feel like Iowa watched game film and minnesota can’t adjust.
"Dude, my IQ and education level is a 1,000 times more than yours. I whip everyone's ass here and they cannot hold a candle to me." mlhouse
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

Floyd stayin in Iowa City....savvy?
Sid Hartman

Post by Sid Hartman »

This new OC sucks...and did anyone think our kicker had a snowballs chance in hell of making that kick? I sure as hell did not
Zimmer1: seriously you were the sperm that won?
SKOLMN

Post by SKOLMN »

Good grief Morgan, where’s annexstad???
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

Why is Morgan still in the game? I quit watching after the gutless FG attempt down 2 TD's
Let's get Tropical
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

Why is Mo still in the game?
Let's get Tropical
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

jffl_commish wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 9:01 pm Why is Mo still in the game?
No doubt, and why in da world did Tanner continue to play?

edit: didn't see you had already mentioned young Mr. Morgan!!
DC4MVP

Post by DC4MVP »

Fleckerhead has the balls to call timeouts down 35-0

What a twat.
feekdogg

Post by feekdogg »

I'm sure he has a hefty insurance policy, but if I'm an Mrs. Bateman, I'm more than a little pissed off that my son, who is still likely in line for millions of dollars, is on the field down 35 points with one minute left. That grade-school, crybaby nonsense at the end was one big fireable offense.
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

DC4MVP wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 9:17 pm Fleckerhead has the balls to call timeouts down 35-0

What a twat.
I thought that was kind of a shot at Ferentz, if its the same thing I'm thinking about as you. Ferentz on the last drive for the Gophers challenged a play, while the Gophers had no shot of winning...the announcers called Ferentz out for it, saying something along the lines of it being an unwritten rule that you only challenge plays when it can shift the competitive advantage of a game...later in the drive, Ferentz called a timeout with 19 seconds left...the game was essentially over, and Ferentz is milking it. Coming out of that timeout, PJ called one of his own, and I think it was just an F U to Ferentz for being a dick on that drive.
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

I fell asleep somewhere during the 1st quarter. It seemed we had already lost, even though we were only down 7. I woke up somewhere in the third quarter and was pleasantly surprised to see the game was still somewhat within reach at 14-0, but then it was just a disaster.

From what I saw it seemed the Gophers still had no innovation on offense, and refuse to throw the ball on 1st and 2nd down. They finally seemed to ditch that philosophy when the game got out of hand.
feekdogg

Post by feekdogg »

bubu dubu. wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 10:03 pm
DC4MVP wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 9:17 pm Fleckerhead has the balls to call timeouts down 35-0

What a twat.
I thought that was kind of a shot at Ferentz, if its the same thing I'm thinking about as you. Ferentz on the last drive for the Gophers challenged a play, while the Gophers had no shot of winning...the announcers called Ferentz out for it, saying something along the lines of it being an unwritten rule that you only challenge plays when it can shift the competitive advantage of a game...later in the drive, Ferentz called a timeout with 19 seconds left...the game was essentially over, and Ferentz is milking it. Coming out of that timeout, PJ called one of his own, and I think it was just an F U to Ferentz for being a dick on that drive.
He was playing almost all of his starters down by 35 points with 2 minutes left. Ferentz is in no way, shape or form the dick in this situation. He was trying to teach that arrogant little fuck a lesson. One he won't learn.
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

I was able to kind of predict this season. Said it a lot of times at the end of last season that they were losing too much on the defensive side of the ball. It doesn't help this year that they didn't get any warm up games before the Big Ten season started....Gophers sucked at the beginning of last season as well, but got pretty lucky and got out of the non-conference schedule at 3-0, against some pretty bad teams. They didn't have the benefit of getting their shit together in a non conference schedule this season...more of an observation than an excuse though, as none of the other Big Ten teams had that benefit either.

For next season, the Gophers will be facing another big wave of exiting talent, but this time on the offensive side.
Bateman almost assuredly gone, Ibrahim likely to leave early, Offensive line will graduate a few players (and Faalele could leave early), top 2 tight ends on the depth chart are seniors, Morgan was thought of as a potential top half of the draft guy before this season (though if he keeps playing like he has, maybe its best for him to stay around for another season)...there just doesn't appear to be much depth on offense (or defense). The defense might get better, just through getting some experience, but then next season is going to be a full overhaul of the offense...also losing their wrinkle guy in Seth Green.

Edit: I just remembered that the NCAA is giving all players an extra year of eligibility, so maybe some of the seniors stick around.
feekdogg

Post by feekdogg »

bubu dubu. wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 10:19 pm I was able to kind of predict this season. Said it a lot of times at the end of last season that they were losing too much on the defensive side of the ball. It doesn't help this year that they didn't get any warm up games before the Big Ten season started....Gophers sucked at the beginning of last season as well, but got pretty lucky and got out of the non-conference schedule at 3-0, against some pretty bad teams. They didn't have the benefit of getting their shit together in a non conference schedule this season...more of an observation than an excuse though, as none of the other Big Ten teams had that benefit either.

For next season, the Gophers will be facing another big wave of exiting talent, but this time on the offensive side.
Bateman almost assuredly gone, Ibrahim likely to leave early, Offensive line will graduate a few players (and Faalele could leave early), top 2 tight ends on the depth chart are seniors, Morgan was thought of as a potential top half of the draft guy before this season (though if he keeps playing like he has, maybe its best for him to stay around for another season)...there just doesn't appear to be much depth on offense (or defense).
Nobody "graduates" this year. It's a matter of them wanting to come back or not. Nobody loses any eligibility this year. If you were an RS Senior on Sept. 1, 2020, you're still an RS Senior on Sept. 1 2021. I'd put the odds at 50/50 that they coincidentally have a Covid outbreak that puts their season in the crapper from here on out.
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

feekdogg wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 10:29 pm
bubu dubu. wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 10:19 pm I was able to kind of predict this season. Said it a lot of times at the end of last season that they were losing too much on the defensive side of the ball. It doesn't help this year that they didn't get any warm up games before the Big Ten season started....Gophers sucked at the beginning of last season as well, but got pretty lucky and got out of the non-conference schedule at 3-0, against some pretty bad teams. They didn't have the benefit of getting their shit together in a non conference schedule this season...more of an observation than an excuse though, as none of the other Big Ten teams had that benefit either.

Bateman almost assuredly gone, Ibrahim likely to leave early, Offensive line will graduate a few players (and Faalele could leave early), top 2 tight ends on the depth chart are seniors, Morgan was thought of as a potential top half of the draft guy before this season (though if he keeps playing like he has, maybe its best for him to stay around for another season)...there just doesn't appear to be much depth on offense (or defense).
Nobody "graduates" this year. It's a matter of them wanting to come back or not. Nobody loses any eligibility this year. If you were an RS Senior on Sept. 1, 2020, you're still an RS Senior on Sept. 1 2021. I'd put the odds at 50/50 that they coincidentally have a Covid outbreak that puts their season in the crapper from here on out.
yeah, I threw in an edit. I had forgotten about that.

Still a lot of players Gophers future in question...specifically Bateman, Ibrahim and Tanner. That alone is massive, and essentially all of our offensive play makers. And graduation is still a thing. Getting your degree might push you out the door for the several seniors on offense the Gophers have who likely won't be going pro, and would not benefit financially for staying another year.

People have said that one of PJ's best recruiting moves was convincing Antoine Winfield Jr to stay. PJ again will have to recruit his own players and convince them to stay.
SKOLMN

Post by SKOLMN »

What a twat.
Kirk Ferentz: "“I figured we’d take Floyd with us and leave the timeouts here.”

Fleck NEEDS to get back Floyd next year..
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

SKOLMN wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 10:46 pm

What a twat.

yeah, you can have success in bad seasons like this by getting a few of your rivalry trophies. We obviously all know what the big 3 trophies here are, but PJ is 0 for 2 on them. A 10 win season is great, but PJ hasn't done shit in regards to beating our rivals.
The Lizard King

Post by The Lizard King »

bubu dubu. wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 10:53 pm
SKOLMN wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 10:46 pm

yeah, you can have success in bad seasons like this by getting a few of your rivalry trophies. We obviously all know what the big 3 trophies here are, but PJ is 0 for 2 on them. A 10 win season is great, but PJ hasn't done shit in regards to beating our rivals.
I can't believe last year that there was serious chatter of hiring him away for my alma mater. We already have a clown for a HC. We don't need another.
"If you ever need anything, please don't hesitate to ask someone else first." - KDC
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

I'm shocked Morgan donor has turned back into a pumpkin.

Wisconsin is going to thrash this team in a couple of weeks.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Bob Wiley

Post by Bob Wiley »

Well, at least we know what kind of a team this is. Bottom of the Big10. Again😥
"Dude, my IQ and education level is a 1,000 times more than yours. I whip everyone's ass here and they cannot hold a candle to me." mlhouse