Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Let's go - why isn't there any activity here???

Home for Gopher football topics
hategreenticemase

Let's go - why isn't there any activity here???

Post by hategreenticemase »

In this fuckshit of a year, how is there not at least some excitement and or buzz about our Gophers? Fuck, it may be the only decent team we got!

Let's get some action in here!

I am fired up for the jug Sat. I will be out of state so thrilled its on national TV. Beyond thrilled it will be called by Herbstreit. Good stuff!

How do you guys see the Gopher this year? FEEK, what's your final assessment on the OL?
feekdogg

Re: Let's go - why isn't there any activity here???

Post by feekdogg »

IMO, there's not much excitement due to the cloak and dagger approach Fleck seems to be taking. Everything is under the rug. Fleck's radio show on Tuesday offered about 5 minutes of football content and 40 minutes of celebrating Sid. I was just listening to Grim on the radio with Gaard and every question Gaard asked him about a player was met with what amounted to a shoulder shrug. Nobody knows what's going on outside of the team.

That said, the quieter it is, the more I'm thinking that there's going to be a lot more important guys out than the guys that are already being speculated on. The fact of the matter is that nobody is going to know anything for certain until the team comes out for warmups on Saturday.
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

I don't think they beat Michigan but it's not impossible.

They have a shot against WI if they don't shit their pants like last year.

They should win the rest of their games. It's really that simple.

I have 7-2.

Also Tice, there is never much action over here on the Gopher boards. Very "Niche"

Head over to Gopher Hole forums if you are looking for your fix.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
hategreenticemase

Post by hategreenticemase »

feekdogg wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 4:24 pm IMO, there's not much excitement due to the cloak and dagger approach Fleck seems to be taking. Everything is under the rug. Fleck's radio show on Tuesday offered about 5 minutes of football content and 40 minutes of celebrating Sid. I was just listening to Grim on the radio with Gaard and every question Gaard asked him about a player was met with what amounted to a shoulder shrug. Nobody knows what's going on outside of the team.

That said, the quieter it is, the more I'm thinking that there's going to be a lot more important guys out than the guys that are already being speculated on. The fact of the matter is that nobody is going to know anything for certain until the team comes out for warmups on Saturday.
Good stuff, Feek. I agree, the more quiet the more I would be concerned we are missing some key guys. I guess we will see.

I take it you don't know much new about OL?
feekdogg

Post by feekdogg »

hategreenticemase wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 9:03 am
feekdogg wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 4:24 pm IMO, there's not much excitement due to the cloak and dagger approach Fleck seems to be taking. Everything is under the rug. Fleck's radio show on Tuesday offered about 5 minutes of football content and 40 minutes of celebrating Sid. I was just listening to Grim on the radio with Gaard and every question Gaard asked him about a player was met with what amounted to a shoulder shrug. Nobody knows what's going on outside of the team.

Good stuff, Feek. I agree, the more quiet the more I would be concerned we are missing some key guys. I guess we will see.

I take it you don't know much new about OL?
Everything I've heard was don't expect to see Faalele and Dunlap, whether he plays or not is still up in the air. But Yahoo Sports has a game preview up and they have a section of the preview focusing specifically on Faalele vs. Michigan's edge rushers. Maybe Yahoo just assumes he's playing, not knowing there have been questions. Or maybe they have some inside info. Your guess is as good as mine at this point.
Last edited by feekdogg on Sat Oct 24, 2020 8:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

I'll be watching with bells on. Kind of worried about who all isn't going to be there with PJ's cloak and dagger stuff.
Let's get Tropical
Ask Not
***Official 2018 Froob Bracket Winner and MNRC HOF Member***

Post by Ask Not »

This game should have us on full tilt, butsports leagues feel contrived during Covid. Unless your team is vying for a championship, there seems to be little excitement. Even postseasons aren't moving the needle.

It might be years before many stadiums fill up again, not because of fear but because of apathy for the entertainment offered.
Ketchup can be nuancy
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

Um, it's the year of Covid and we are experiencing record low temps and record high snow......in OCTOBER. There will be interest but to wonder why the excitement level is low is silly.

RAH
***THE REAL HORNETS HAS THOUSANDS OF POSTS and joined RC October 4, 2017!***
:naners: :naners: :naners:
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

Hornets wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 6:43 pm Um, it's the year of Covid and we are experiencing record low temps and record high snow......in OCTOBER. There will be interest but to wonder why the excitement level is low is silly.

RAH
Huh? Cold and snow make me less interested in a football game? You're one weird fucker, Munker.

This is going to be a fun one. Should be close. Nice criso weather for a football game.

Michigan has the better talent but Minnesota is more experienced. Two polarizing coaches.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 3:40 am
Hornets wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 6:43 pm Um, it's the year of Covid and we are experiencing record low temps and record high snow......in OCTOBER. There will be interest but to wonder why the excitement level is low is silly.

RAH
Huh? Cold and snow make me less interested in a football game? You're one weird fucker, Munker.

This is going to be a fun one. Should be close. Nice criso weather for a football game.

Michigan has the better talent but Minnesota is more experienced. Two polarizing coaches.
Gotta disagree on this RT....die hard fans like you might have a normal excitement level, but the fact that the season is starting a month and a half late, the uncertainty if they'll even get through the season, a world crisis underway, and insult to injury we're experiencing record low temps certainly takes the excitement level away from many....including me!
***THE REAL HORNETS HAS THOUSANDS OF POSTS and joined RC October 4, 2017!***
:naners: :naners: :naners:
j2j

Post by j2j »

I'm so out of the loop on all sports right now. Watching Gameday and likely will watch the Goofs declaw the Wolverines, but when everything has been moved, tweaked, canceled, reinstated, etc... It's screwed with natural order of things.

#RowTheFuckinBoat
We've been trying to reach you about your car's extended warranty.

***Official 2022 Froob Brackets Participant***
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

Maria Taylor is an absolute smoke show.

Vince Vaughn is the guest picker?
Let's get Tropical
feekdogg

Post by feekdogg »

"It's cold out, so I'm less interested in watching something on TV."

Fucking Munker.
j2j

Post by j2j »

jffl_commish wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 10:00 am Maria Taylor is an absolute smoke show.

Yes and sí.

Plus she pisses off old men, so it makes her even better.

Bob Wiley

Post by Bob Wiley »

36-35 gophers. Let’s go!
"Dude, my IQ and education level is a 1,000 times more than yours. I whip everyone's ass here and they cannot hold a candle to me." mlhouse
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

j2j wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 10:28 am
jffl_commish wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 10:00 am Maria Taylor is an absolute smoke show.

Yes and sí.

I don't get that last part. She seems pretty damn solid all around to me.
Let's get Tropical
j2j

Post by j2j »

jffl_commish wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 6:44 pm

Yes and sí.

She wears nice looking clothes, and they'd prefer to see old ex-players in suits. Plus she has that outlandish belief that people should be treated fairly.

jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

j2j wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 6:46 pm

Yes and sí.

She wears nice looking clothes, and they'd prefer to see old ex-players in suits. Plus she has that outlandish belief that people should be treated fairly.
She can treat me however she wants.
Let's get Tropical
j2j

Post by j2j »

jffl_commish wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 6:48 pm
j2j wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 6:46 pm

She can treat me however she wants.
Same.... Same.... :love: