Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

CC to the Feekdog

Home for Gopher football topics
hategreenticemase

CC to the Feekdog

Post by hategreenticemase »

8-0 or 7-1, whattya got? Break it down for the rubes, please.
feekdogg

Re: CC to the Feekdog

Post by feekdogg »

I'll let you know in a week or so. It all hinges on the O-line.
hategreenticemase

feekdogg wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 7:14 am I'll let you know in a week or so. It all hinges on the O-line.
Kinda thought you would say that. Seems like no Gopher info recently, so I know you alluded to some chaos on that unit, could you for now bring us up to speed on what's going on with ol?

Appreciate as always, info you provide.
feekdogg

Post by feekdogg »

hategreenticemase wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 10:35 am
feekdogg wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 7:14 am I'll let you know in a week or so. It all hinges on the O-line.
Kinda thought you would say that. Seems like no Gopher info recently, so I know you alluded to some chaos on that unit, could you for now bring us up to speed on what's going on with ol?

I'm not nearly as looped in as I used to be, but still get some good nuggets here and there. Last I heard, Big Dan was strongly leaning toward sitting the year out (partially related to his injury last year, partially to Covid concerns). That's a big blow, but as they showed vs. Auburn, they can still run the ball OK without him. Then there's Dunlap. He declared a transfer, and then backed out. He wasn't in great physical or mental shape at that point. He's made some pretty good progress, but we'll see where they're at in a week. Either way, if Big Dan is out, that moves Andries out to right tackle. He's good no matter where he plays, but if someone gets hurt (which is pretty much inevitable), there's not much in terms of depth on the line any more.
hategreenticemase

feekdogg wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 11:01 am

I'm not nearly as looped in as I used to be, but still get some good nuggets here and there. Last I heard, Big Dan was strongly leaning toward sitting the year out (partially related to his injury last year, partially to Covid concerns). That's a big blow, but as they showed vs. Auburn, they can still run the ball OK without him. Then there's Dunlap. He declared a transfer, and then backed out. He wasn't in great physical or mental shape at that point. He's made some pretty good progress, but we'll see where they're at in a week. Either way, if Big Dan is out, that moves Andries out to right tackle. He's good no matter where he plays, but if someone gets hurt (which is pretty much inevitable), there's not much in terms of depth on the line any more.
Good stuff, thanks Feek. Think Dunlap will be ready?

Do we have good incoming young OL talent - do you think depth eventually is solved within a year or 2?
feekdogg

Post by feekdogg »

hategreenticemase wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 11:14 am

Do we have good incoming young OL talent - do you think depth eventually is solved within a year or 2?
I'd guess that Dunlap doesn't play vs. Michigan. Right now, Ruschmeyer, who was a walk-on from Holy Family, is running with the first team. That's not exactly an encouraging sign if he's passed up a handful of scholarship guys. There's a big kid from Canada (Lawrence) that they like a lot, but he's pretty raw yet. OL is definitely an area that needs to be a priority in recruiting this year and next.
hategreenticemase

feekdogg wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 11:37 am
hategreenticemase wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 11:14 am

I'd guess that Dunlap doesn't play vs. Michigan. Right now, Ruschmeyer, who was a walk-on from Holy Family, is running with the first team. That's not exactly an encouraging sign if he's passed up a handful of scholarship guys. There's a big kid from Canada (Lawrence) that they like a lot, but he's pretty raw yet. OL is definitely an area that needs to be a priority in recruiting this year and next.
Thanks Buddy, look forward to your more detailed info next week! Go Gophs!
Ask Not
***Official 2018 Froob Bracket Winner and MNRC HOF Member***

Post by Ask Not »

Either you have a prediction or you don't. Stop all this pussy-footing around, dammit.
Ketchup can be nuancy
The Real Ted

Post by The Real Ted »

Ask Not wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 11:31 pm Either you have a prediction or you don't. Stop all this pussy-footing around, dammit.
I predict they are 0-2, and that they just got beat by fucking Maryland.

The boat sunk.