Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Gophers vs Cheeseheads special Game Day is coming edition!

Home for Gopher football topics
bri

Re: Gophers vs Cheeseheads special Game Day is coming edition!

Post by bri »

Morgan played terribly today
another coaching fail by fleck and company as well
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 5:23 pm
bubu dubu. wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 5:21 pm
Sid Hartman wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 5:19 pm This loss is going to really hurt for bowls...we are going to drop like a rock
I kinda hope so, otherwise we are gonna get rocked by someone like FLorida.
Fuck that. You would rather play in some shit hole bowl and win than play on New years day?

This team rarely ever gets that opportunity. Who gives a shit about playing the Twinkie bowl of Friday night at 10pm on Espn2 on December 28 against utep.

Get a grip.
lol, they arent gonna drop that low.
boxter432

Post by boxter432 »

Absolute demolishing. Wis playing ok, gophers playing like a bottom tier team.
laX

Post by laX »

wisconsin domination continues
little brother chat
i was hoping to see some gifs of people shitting
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

Time to hop on the MSU-Mankato bus. They rolled in their playoff game today.
Let's get Tropical
Slap Shot

Post by Slap Shot »

This one stings for sure. They just never looked like they were on. UW did some very good things, but the Gophers shot themselves in the foot more often than not.

Good news is they return a lot of talent and have a great class coming in. Nothing to be ashamed of and they have a strong foundation to build for the future.

The ending sucks but look at it this way - they were picked 6th in the West with a win over/under of 7.5. They won 10 games in the regular season and will again play on New Year's Day. This combination of accomplishments hasn't happened for years.
Last edited by Slap Shot on Sat Nov 30, 2019 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

Slap Shot wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 5:41 pm This one stings for sure. They just never looked like they were on. UW did some very good things, but the Gophers shot themselves in the foot more often than not.

Good news is they return a lot of talent and have a great class coming in. Nothing to be ashamed of and they have a strong foundation to build for the future.
Sorry. Know what it meant to you, Slap.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
BananaHammock

Post by BananaHammock »

Yes, this was a fairly successful season, and I don't know if PJ is THE GUY, but this is still the same type of Gophers team that we've seen since 1900. 3 big games played, needed to win 2 in order to play for something truly meaningful, and we won 1.

For the record, the last time we won 10 games, we were chosen to play in the mega-awesome, Wells Fargo Sun Bowl.
ForCaleb

Post by ForCaleb »

Hope the team wasn’t more concerned about getting College Gameday here than preparing for the Badgers.
Chet Manly

Post by Chet Manly »

weimy froob wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 5:11 pm teams that win the line of scrimmage also win 90 percent of the games. gophers have to defeat those odds.
Never truer words spoken. Their O line is better than our D line and their D line is destroying our O line. It’s not even debatable. Pains me to say it with a Badger wife, but they’re a better team. Not unbeatable, but simply better.
whiskerbiscuit

Post by whiskerbiscuit »

In the end it's Gopher football. They've never fooled me like the Vikings do.

Epic year by our standards. We're on the map and that's the best we can hope for.
Froobchat's resident:
Modern dating expert
Meat expert
Global armed conflict expert
Psychedelic expert

And I walk around like I got a 36 inch chain...

🇳🇪Z
Night Train
***Official Gibby Award Winner - October 2018***

Post by Night Train »

ForCaleb wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 5:52 pm Hope the team wasn’t more concerned about getting College Gameday here than preparing for the Badgers.
:lol: :lol:

Good one.
I apologize in advance if what I just said offended or upset you.

The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.

Minnesota - Mired in Mediocrity
hategreenticemase

Post by hategreenticemase »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 5:20 pm
Slap Shot wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 5:16 pm
Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 5:16 pm This Badger team isn't even that good.
There he is.
You think I'm discrediting WI?

Gophers are higher ranked, less losses, at home with a chance to make history.

They are not playing Alabama or Clemson. There is no moral victory here. They had it for the taking.

They played three teams worth a shit all year and lost 2/3.
Earlier it was "we". Yeah huge Gopher fan. Good Lord what a fraud. :lol:
Slap Shot

Post by Slap Shot »

BananaHammock wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 5:51 pm Yes, this was a fairly successful season, and I don't know if PJ is THE GUY, but this is still the same type of Gophers team that we've seen since 1900. 3 big games played, needed to win 2 in order to play for something truly meaningful, and we won 1.
How would you rate UW football from 1943-1993 and then since? Did you know what happened the first time UW was in the conversation for a big, big finish during the latter run? With all of that how have they managed to do some pretty impressive things if everything is inevitable based upon the past? How did Denver ever win a Super Bowl? Cleveland an NBA title? The Rangers a Stanley Cup and the Cubs and Red Sox a World Series? If the Vikings and Bills make the SB will the world stop spinning because OMGZ TEH PAZT!!!?
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

hategreenticemase wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 6:05 pm
Slap Shot wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 5:16 pm

There he is.

They are not playing Alabama or Clemson. There is no moral victory here. They had it for the taking.

Earlier it was "we". Yeah huge Gooher fan. What a fraud the VI is. :lol:
Look who started many game threads here when the Gophers were terrible.

Good to see you back and doing what you were bitch slapped for again. You are as hard headed as Zim. A real dumb ass.

You have been reported.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
hategreenticemase

Tough one to take today. PJ got outschemed, our OL got manhandled and the weather really helped Wi.

Sucks. Just fucking sucks. Hopefully this is just the beginning and not the high point. I like PJ a lot and hoping we can continue this moving forward.
hategreenticemase

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 6:07 pm

Good to see you back and doing what you were bitch slapped for again. You are as hard headed as Zim. A real dumb ass.

You have been reported.
A grown ass man gets called out for his garbage and cries like a little girl about it to his buddy moderator. Not sure what could be more embarrassing than that. Oh wait, sticking your chest out and bragging about it, yes, that would be more embarrassing. I'm going to move on now and lick my Gopher loss wounds (since I'm actually a fan) but as long as your spouting garbage, I will mock it. At least pretend you are a man.
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

hategreenticemase wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 6:18 pm
Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 6:07 pm

You have been reported.
A grown ass man gets called out for his garbage and cries like a little girl about it to his buddy moderator. Not sure what could be more embarrassing than that. Oh wait, sticking your chest out and bragging about it, yes, that would be more embarrassing. I'm going to move on now and lick my Gopher loss wounds (since I'm actually a fan) but as long as your spouting garbage, I will mock it.
I have politely asked you to stop responding to me. Everything is documented. You will be reported.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
hategreenticemase

Chet Manly wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 5:52 pm
weimy froob wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 5:11 pm teams that win the line of scrimmage also win 90 percent of the games. gophers have to defeat those odds.
Never truer words spoken. Their O line is better than our D line and their D line is destroying our O line. It’s not even debatable. Pains me to say it with a Badger wife, but they’re a better team. Not unbeatable, but simply better.
OL hurt them and Morgan seemed very impacted by that AND the weather. It's a shame, we blew a great opportunity. Gameday being here was cool, let's hope it's a trend going forward.
Slap Shot

Post by Slap Shot »

hategreenticemase wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 6:20 pm
OL hurt them and Morgan seemed very impacted by that AND the weather. It's a shame, we blew a great opportunity. Gameday being here was cool, let's hope it's a trend going forward.
The Gophers did lose one of their better OL for nearly the entirety of the game. That surely didn't help, and I thought the Gophers did a poor job in disguising their blitzes on D.
Bob Wiley

Post by Bob Wiley »

Hopefully the gopher coaching message is, “ this is what the next level looks like. We will be there next year.”
"Dude, my IQ and education level is a 1,000 times more than yours. I whip everyone's ass here and they cannot hold a candle to me." mlhouse
hategreenticemase

Slap Shot wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 6:22 pm
hategreenticemase wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 6:20 pm

The Gophers did lose one of their better OL for nearly the entirety of the game. That surely didn't help, and I thought the Gophers did a poor job in disguising their blitzes on D.
Losing Faalele was a killer. Their DL kicked our ass.

Wis had answers all game and deserve credit for the game they called. I didn't feel it was much as PJ shitting bee as it was Wis coached one hell of a game. They easily deserved that win.
Herky

Post by Herky »

Wisconsin came to play for sure.

I know the last two game sucked in terms of outcomes, but you guys are going to play in a good bowl against a top notch team still. I’ve been there before with Iowa. 1985, 2002 and 2015 were magical until the end but you gotta enjoy seasons like this. Minnesota made national news, had their best season in years, and got GameDay. Plus you have one game left to get out on a high note.

Enjoy the ride and hope this becomes a trend.
Last edited by Herky on Sat Nov 30, 2019 7:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
j2j

Post by j2j »

bubu dubu. wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 4:38 pm
j2j wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 4:36 pm Welp, the dream is dead. Fire Fleck. Didn't win a national championship, so he's no good.
I can already hear his haters...

"I told you this guy was a joke"
"These were Kill's guys, Kill would have lead them to the Rose Bowl"
"PJ was outclassed"
"PJ cannot get this team to the next level"
You see shit of this nature around here. Bad moment in the game and they all start whining like little bitches. It gets old. Can't imagine being so miserable.
We've been trying to reach you about your car's extended warranty.

***Official 2022 Froob Brackets Participant***
Billy Bremner

Post by Billy Bremner »

hategreenticemase wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 6:09 pm Tough one to take today. PJ got outschemed, our OL got manhandled and the weather really helped Wi.

Sucks. Just fucking sucks. Hopefully this is just the beginning and not the high point. I like PJ a lot and hoping we can continue this moving forward.
Your boys bent over and took it dry.

Make this board good.
boxter432

Post by boxter432 »

Makes the Iowa game that much worse. Even getting demolished by OSU would have been awesome being in the B10 champ game.
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

Tough one to be sure, but as a long time Rodent sufferer I am ovah it already. This team has won TEN games and pehaps one more.....that is an AWESOME season in these parts and PJ has brought a new culture to Dinkytown that will result in a much better brand of football for years to come.

SKI U MAH
***THE REAL HORNETS HAS THOUSANDS OF POSTS and joined RC October 4, 2017!***
:naners: :naners: :naners:
Hummdrum

Post by Hummdrum »

There is no way that Minnesota becomes Northwestern in one season. The Wildcats won the Big Ten title a year ago and then dropped like a bomb this season. There is a chance Gophers win only 7-8 wins next season but I don't see a Northwestern drop, not with the players coming back.
Sky Spy in the Sky !
Mr Bill

Post by Mr Bill »

OSU -21 over Wisconsin?

I'm not a U of M fan, but a football fan in general. Fun season for sure. Gophers probably were never a top 10 team.. never beat anyone.. They will still get a new Years bowl.. citrus? Nice that they finally have a QB. Wonder if Fleck will calm down now or if he will stick with his same song.. (likely)
Mr Bill

Post by Mr Bill »

Hummdrum wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:49 pm There is no way that Minnesota becomes Northwestern in one season. The Wildcats won the Big Ten title a year ago and then dropped like a bomb this season. There is a chance Gophers win only 7-8 wins next season but I don't see a Northwestern drop, not with the players coming back.
I think the Gophers could win 9 next year too. Maybe loses to Wisconsin and Michigan, win out the rest?