Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

*** Golden Oars vs Iowa Hickeyes Game Day Thread ***

Home for Gopher football topics
Small Hands

Re: *** Golden Oars vs Iowa Hickeyes Game Day Thread ***

Post by Small Hands »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 7:32 pm
dennis1 wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 7:32 pm
Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 7:17 pm

They need to finish it.

It won't be much more than what Kill did in 2014 if they blow the West.

The win over the 4th ranked team was nice but they probably end up in a similar bowl game to 2014 if they don't win the West.

With that said, I think they beat Wisconsin and seeing the Gophers in the B10 championship game and Rose Bowl would be something.
I have a pretty good feeling that they'll do that.
Same.

I think they are better than Wisconsin.
How do you figure?

They couldn't stop the run effectively yesterday. I had nightmares last night about what Taylor will do to them.

The Gophers defensive front is not good. That's why I couldn't believe that they beat Penn St. I think our best chance of getting the Rose bowl was beating Iowa. Wisconsin will beat us handily imo. Their linebackers are really good in coverage, so don't count on those slants that were so effective all season.

10-2 with a win vs Northwestern would still be a solid season.
Mandatory
***Official MNRC HOF Member***

Post by Mandatory »

j2j wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 7:43 am
Mandatory wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 11:47 pm Good thing about the gopher bandwagon is it's just as easy to jump off as on.
You'll be missed. Bye! :finger:
You can't get rid of me that easy.
I am a part of all whom I have met. - Alfred the Great

#BaltimoreStrong
feekdogg

Post by feekdogg »

Small Hands wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 8:54 am
dennis1 wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 7:32 pm

I have a pretty good feeling that they'll do that.
Same.

How do you figure?

They couldn't stop the run effectively yesterday. I had nightmares last night about what Taylor will do to them.

The Gophers defensive front is not good. That's why I couldn't believe that they beat Penn St. I think our best chance of getting the Rose bowl was beating Iowa. Wisconsin will beat us handily imo. Their linebackers are really good in coverage, so don't count on those slants that were so effective all season.

Every defensive coordinator in America would be quite satisfied with giving up 117 yards rushing at 3.8 yards per carry. Run defense was about 10th on the list of problems yesterday.
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

weimy froob wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 7:47 am
bubu dubu. wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 10:34 pm I'll always defend PJ's use of timeouts. Its different, but they are used to make sure the team is on the same page, as opposed to being used just for clock management...

with that said, I don't have a problem with him using that timeout when there was like 3 minutes left in the game when the Gophers got to the 1 yard line...That touchdown was crucial to get, so he used the timeout to make sure he got it. What I do have a problem with, is the team not understanding they just needed to ram the middle, and get the likely TD, without having to waste 35 seconds, and a timeout. Just get to the line, run it up the middle...likely scenario, down 3 (or 4 because of kicker), 3:30 left on the clock and 2 timeouts. Instead, you now have to onside kick (giving up field position), and are in a position where one first down basically ends the game because there is only 3 minutes on the clock and you only have one timeout, as opposed to 3:30 and 2 timeouts.

That gaffe there where his team was unprepared for a first and goal from the one, was just as big as Ty Johnson's drop just a bit earlier.
wAt? that was the play of the game. he catches that ball he probably scores. they came away from that possession with no points.
It was the difference between 3:30 on the clock with 2 timeouts, and 3:00 on the clock with one timeout...because of that gaffe, they attempted an unsuccessful onside kick and gave up field position.
j2j

Post by j2j »

Mandatory wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 10:18 am
Mandatory wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 11:47 pm Good thing about the gopher bandwagon is it's just as easy to jump off as on.
I'm pulling up the plank once you run to get cigarettes.
We've been trying to reach you about your car's extended warranty.

***Official 2022 Froob Brackets Participant***
Mandatory

Post by Mandatory »

j2j wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 11:17 am
Mandatory wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 10:18 am

I'm pulling up the plank once you run to get cigarettes.
:lol:

You wouldn't!

#BaltimoreStrong
Small Hands

Post by Small Hands »

feekdogg wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 10:48 am

Same.

How do you figure?

Every defensive coordinator in America would be quite satisfied with giving up 117 yards rushing at 3.8 yards per carry. Run defense was about 10th on the list of problems yesterday.
Tyler Goodson had 13 carries for 94 yards and a touchdown. That's 7 yards per carry. You think every D Coordinator would be satisfied with that? Pretty low standards. If a freshman can do that against this defensive front, what do you think Taylor will do?
feekdogg

Post by feekdogg »

Small Hands wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 6:35 am

How do you figure?

Tyler Goodson had 13 carries for 94 yards and a touchdown. That's 7 yards per carry. You think every D Coordinator would be satisfied with that? Pretty low standards. If a freshman can do that against this defensive front, what do you think Taylor will do?
74 yards of that was on the first two drives. They obviously weren't prepared for Goodson or what the Hawkeyes threw at them initially. If you think run defense is the reason they lost that game, I can't help you. Good luck with your nightmares.
Small Hands

Post by Small Hands »

feekdogg wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 8:17 am

74 yards of that was on the first two drives. They obviously weren't prepared for Goodson or what the Hawkeyes threw at them initially. If you think run defense is the reason they lost that game, I can't help you. Good luck with your nightmares.
Please show me where I said it’s the reason they lost. I’d like to know. Keep cherry picking to strengthen your argument. If you think the Goofs are going to contain Taylor, you’re dreaming buddy.

They could still win the game, because anything can happen, but my initial argument was that the Gophers aren’t a better overall team than the Badgers. Sorry if that bothers you.
Mandatory

Post by Mandatory »

Small Hands wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 9:49 am

Please show me where I said it’s the reason they lost. I’d like to know. Keep cherry picking to strengthen your argument. If you think the Goofs are going to contain Taylor, you’re dreaming buddy.

They could still win the game, because anything can happen, but my initial argument was that the Gophers aren’t a better overall team than the Badgers. Sorry if that bothers you.
Hey Slow Leak, why don't you shut the fuck up? No one wants to see your ass.

#BaltimoreStrong
Small Hands

Post by Small Hands »

Mandatory wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 9:52 am
Small Hands wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 9:49 am

Hey Slow Leak, why don't you shut the fuck up? No one wants to see your ass.
Who’s slow leak? Fucking Internet tough guy