Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Fleck

Home for Gopher football topics
JPM
Formerly Clarkgriswald

Re: Fleck

Post by JPM »

hategreenticemase wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 7:56 am
j2j wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 10:25 pm
hategreenticemase wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 6:40 am I'm not going into details, but I very recently had the opportunity to meet Fleck in a small group setting for a few minutes. He is very, very impressive in person. Genuine and impressive. We are lucky to have him no matter how great of season plays out.
Couple of my players are being recruited by the Gophers as preferred walk-ons. They were guests for the Penn State game, and were in the locker room before and after. Neither are rah rah types... very blue color, hard working, type A kids from great families. Both came across super impressed and raving about Fleck.
That's cool and not surprising. He is very impressive in person. A lot more genuine than most would think and very bright.

Again, a MAJOR part of any remaining skepticism is due to what came before him. Not only mostly 50 years of mediocrity sprinkled into to dogshit football, but two of the most over the top, BS scam artists of all time in Wacker and Punky. So when hearing similar rhetoric, it can cause some skepticism.

Bottom line, the guy is the real deal and everyone will be on board eventually but a half century is a long time to erase. He is the ideal guy for here just like Holtz was. Exciting times!
Elite...Puke
40+ year Viking fan turned Packer fan turned J-E-T-S fan.
j2j

Post by j2j »

Hornets wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 3:57 pm If you've suffered as a Minnesota sports fan as long as I have you need to lower your expectations. The Rodent football squad has been mostly mediocre to putrid for 50 years. I don't need a Rose Bowl or playoff to satisfy me.....just give me a team that can consistently be competitive and occasionally really good, perhaps similar to what Iowa has done for decades.

rah
If you suffer over the results of a sportsball game on tv it's time to evaluate your life. Enjoy the wins, and if they lose there's always another game. Life goes on.
We've been trying to reach you about your car's extended warranty.

***Official 2022 Froob Brackets Participant***
bombers3shooter

Post by bombers3shooter »

Anybody bugged a bit that Fleck is claiming a co-B10 West title? IMO if you don't make it to Indy you didn't get a co-anything.
feekdogg

Post by feekdogg »

bombers3shooter wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 5:49 pm Anybody bugged a bit that Fleck is claiming a co-B10 West title? IMO if you don't make it to Indy you didn't get a co-anything.
It's stupid, and not factually accurate, as by definition, a champion is someone who has defeated or surpassed all of their foes. There can't be multiple champions. That said, he's not the only one who does it. The Big Ten website lists a bunch of "co-championships" from previous seasons. Ohio State, PSU, Michigan and MSU are all listed as hollow "co-champions".