Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Tanner Morgan

Home for Gopher football topics
HeHateMe
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Re: Tanner Morgan

Post by HeHateMe »

Bob Wiley wrote: ↑Thu Jan 02, 2020 7:51 am I never thought I would say this, but I am thrilled he is going to be here two more years πŸ™‚
What if he grad transfers somewhere for 2021!?!?

I am happy things have worked out for him and am also happy Annexstad will potentially have one year to start as well.... in 2022.

It wouldn't shock me to see Morgan regress at some point, especially if they don't end up having the same caliber of WRs like Johnson and Bateman come 2021. Bateman obviously will not be here beyond next season.
thinktank wrote: ↑Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
mlhouse

Post by mlhouse »

HeHateMe wrote: ↑Thu Jan 02, 2020 10:10 am
Bob Wiley wrote: ↑Thu Jan 02, 2020 7:51 am I never thought I would say this, but I am thrilled he is going to be here two more years πŸ™‚

I am happy things have worked out for him and am also happy Annexstad will potentially have one year to start as well.... in 2022.

It wouldn't shock me to see Morgan regress at some point, especially if they don't end up having the same caliber of WRs like Johnson and Bateman come 2021. Bateman obviously will not be here beyond next season.
PJ is very, very good at finding and developing receiver talent. I hope that this will cascade into finding top quarterback talent because you can come to Minnesota and play with top receivers.
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

mlhouse wrote: ↑Thu Jan 02, 2020 11:09 am

PJ is very, very good at finding and developing receiver talent. I hope that this will cascade into finding top quarterback talent because you can come to Minnesota and play with top receivers.
The 2021 qb commit they have right now looks like the type of guy the program doesn't normally land.

I think the WR position will continue to be a strength, especially given the additions of Mann (from Rosemount) and Jackson (from Kansas) coming in the 2020 class. Mann at 6'4 is going to be especially interesting. I know they like Emilien from Florida too.
thinktank wrote: ↑Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
mlhouse

Post by mlhouse »

HeHateMe wrote: ↑Thu Jan 02, 2020 11:13 am

The 2021 qb commit they have right now looks like the type of guy the program doesn't normally land.

I think the WR position will continue to be a strength, especially given the additions of Mann (from Rosemount) and Jackson (from Kansas) coming in the 2020 class. Mann at 6'4 is going to be especially interesting. I know they like Emilien from Florida too.
The receiver they have committed in 2021, Sam Jackson WR, is the highest rated recruit the Gophers have on the ESPN 300 ever. He has a 86 grade. 2020 recruit WR Daniel Jackson has a 82 grade.

To compare, Rashod Bateman was a low 3-star recruit with a 75 grade.

Another comp, Alabama had 8 2019 recruits with a grade of 86 or higher in 2019 alone and 4 in 2020.
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

mlhouse wrote: ↑Thu Jan 02, 2020 12:15 pm

The receiver they have committed in 2021, Sam Jackson WR, is the highest rated recruit the Gophers have on the ESPN 300 ever. He has a 86 grade. 2020 recruit WR Daniel Jackson has a 82 grade.

Another comp, Alabama had 8 2019 recruits with a grade of 86 or higher in 2019 alone and 4 in 2020.
I previously saw the 2021 Jackson is a soft commit -- but I would think any kid who is a junior in high school should be considered that anyways.
mlhouse

Post by mlhouse »

HeHateMe wrote: ↑Thu Jan 02, 2020 12:18 pm
mlhouse wrote: ↑Thu Jan 02, 2020 12:15 pm

I previously saw the 2021 Jackson is a soft commit -- but I would think any kid who is a junior in high school should be considered that anyways.
I dont know enough about college football recruiting to comment. When the local program has been so bad for decades it has been hard to really care. Plus, everything I every got suckered into the Gopher bandwagon they promptly lose. The only college sport I follow is Gopher Hockey.