Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Tanner Morgan

Home for Gopher football topics
hategreenticemase

Tanner Morgan

Post by hategreenticemase »

Good god on hyping Morgan is ICONIC.

Is he your version of Mitch for Clark?

Lol. He's a nobody. Let me know when he plays big against someone who actually matters. I want this Gophers team to be good but they have beat absolutely nobody.
Anyone care to guess who that gem is from? Hint: "Demry Croft is a Superstar!" :lol:

Fucking classic.
hategreenticemase

Re: Tanner Morgan

18-20 for 300plus and 3 TD's again. He was absolutely fantastic today. What a treat to have good QB play here finally. You dont need a second hand to count the number we have had here in my lifetime.

Anyone know his updated national rankings on rating etc? I know he was top 5 at one time.
j2j

Post by j2j »

Oh which gem posted that?
We've been trying to reach you about your car's extended warranty.

***Official 2022 Froob Brackets Participant***
hategreenticemase

j2j wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:24 pm Oh which gem posted that?
My guess is, if you look up the all time classic "Demry Croft is a superstar thread" it will come to you. I'd tell you but I'm afraid me may "report" me. :lol:

Seriously, how good was Morgan today? Unbelievable.
beetlebum71

Post by beetlebum71 »

hategreenticemase wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:29 pm
My guess is, if you look up the all time classic "Demry Croft is a superstar thread" it will come to you. I'd tell you but I'm afraid me may "report" me. :lol:

Missed one throw all day. He had Johnson in the endzone on the corner route and just led him too far. Really amazing.
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

Good god. Your 3 chinned slob wife wishes you would pay attention to her like you do me.

Banzi.

What a loser. 51 years old too people. His "Best day" ever as a Gophers fan and spent 75% of it talking about me.

What a puppet.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
hategreenticemase

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:28 pm Good god. Your 3 chinned slob wife wishes you would pay attention to her like you do me.

Banzi.

What a loser. 51 years old too people. His "Best day" ever as a Gophers fan and spent 75% of it talking about me.

What a puppet.
I love when you try and pretend I am a puppet. Pretending for the kids that you are "pulling the strings" to to get me to come after you, you know, right after you cry like a little girl in a men's sports chatboard forum threatening me to "leave you alone" or "I will report you". A grown ass man, literally threatening to tell his Mommy if someone doesnt stop making fun of the nonsense he is saying. You truly are one of a fucking kind. :lol:

Mocking the garbage and nonsense you do here on a daily basis is hardly the same thing as "paying attention" to you. See, it's called embarrassing you. I am sorry that I am good at it, but the reality is, you are really really really good at providing the opportunity. Here is an idea for ya - if you dont like having your garbage mocked - just stop the crap. Quit spamming with garbage attention whore threads. Quit with the racist crap, quit with pretending you are some sort of fucking celebrity and in the media and just talk football. Since that is an impossibility, well, there we go.

ps And pretty please, with sugar on top, never ever talk about qb play again since you have almost no clue whatsoever about that topic. :lol:
Last edited by hategreenticemase on Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:14 am, edited 3 times in total.
hategreenticemase

beetlebum71 wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:25 pm
hategreenticemase wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:29 pm

Missed one throw all day. He had Johnson in the endzone on the corner route and just led him too far. Really amazing.
Yeah, and that wasn't even a terrible throw either. Absolutely astounding performance. Bateman too. That kid is sick.
bri

Post by bri »

Morgan's impressed me, he's been improving as the season has progressed.
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

Crazy to think that he and Annexstad were toe to toe in the QB competition before Zack's injury. By most accounts, Zack seemed to have a slight edge. I wonder how different the season would be, had Zack been the starter this season...would the Gophers have lost one or two of those close games without Tanner leading them back, or would they have already put those teams away? Would Zack have grown into what Tanner has become?

Regardless of all the what ifs, things worked out great for the QB situation here. I also wonder if and when Zack will be healthy to play. I think of a potential Tanner injury, and how bad things could turn. The writing is on the wall for Zack next season that he would be fighting for the backup position, and he could likely transfer somewhere for playing time, but I really hope he comes back for depth purposes.
hategreenticemase

https://www.espn.com/college-football/s ... g/dir/desc

Unbelievable. When you sort by passer rating (not the end all be all stat, but its something) he is 4th in the nation. Jalen Hurts, then Tua, then Burrow, then our boy and then Fields.

Cant. Make. It. Up.
flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

Tanner Morgan is a winner. The last time the Gophers had a qb as good was...................

“We will protect the fanbase from Glen Taylor” -Alex Rodriguez.

Marc Lore - “I don’t care if that wrinkly old chicken roaster has a few more hairs on his head than I do, a deal is a deal.”
hategreenticemase

flexbuffchest wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:34 am Tanner Morgan is a winner. The last time the Gophers had a qb as good was...................

Demry Croft! :lol:
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

Tanner is the best QB this program has had since................?????? Ricky Foggie? I can't even remember. The QB play here has been horrific for years.
Let's get Tropical
AlohaBob

Post by AlohaBob »

Could Morgan make it to the NFL?

He is slow
He is short
He doesn’t have a cannon
But my lord he is decisive and accurate.

All three of the WRs have a real potential of making it to the next level someday. Fa’alele will probably get some feelers as well just from his size.

As for Morgan, I have noticed that when a play breaks down, he is usually unable to make something happen out of nothing. Could he be a shorter Brady or a slower Brees? Maybe. But WTH, if C. J. Beathard can start in the NFL, Morgan sure as hell should be able to as well.
Hornets wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 8:17 pm I think those who claim to be LBGT are sick and disgusting and yet you apparently are ok with it......most dems are.
hategreenticemase

jffl_commish wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:26 pm Tanner is the best QB this program has had since................?????? Ricky Foggie? I can't even remember. The QB play here has been horrific for years.
God I loved Foggie.
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

Looks like a young Mike Hohensee!!
***THE REAL HORNETS HAS THOUSANDS OF POSTS and joined RC October 4, 2017!***
:naners: :naners: :naners:
HeHateMe
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Post by HeHateMe »

bubu dubu. wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:32 pm Crazy to think that he and Annexstad were toe to toe in the QB competition before Zack's injury. By most accounts, Zack seemed to have a slight edge. I wonder how different the season would be, had Zack been the starter this season...would the Gophers have lost one or two of those close games without Tanner leading them back, or would they have already put those teams away? Would Zack have grown into what Tanner has become?
Sometimes the mental makeup of a qb can overcome lack of "skills" … Morgan might not look the part but he sure as hell plays it. Not like I know the kid but if Fleck is telling the truth on his demeanor where he can shake off mistakes easily, that's a good sign of a player who handles pressure fine. Our pro qb in town could use some of Tanner Morgan.

On Annexstad, what if... by some chance, he is better than Morgan and both could have this team in the same spot? The nice thing is you have Annexstad for a year beyond Morgan's tenure but I don't know how you would go away from Morgan for the rest of his career at this point unless he were to really fall apart (or get hurt of course).

Here some of us were wondering was Jacob Clark the answer!?
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
Slap Shot

Post by Slap Shot »

HeHateMe wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 11:46 am
bubu dubu. wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:32 pm Crazy to think that he and Annexstad were toe to toe in the QB competition before Zack's injury. By most accounts, Zack seemed to have a slight edge. I wonder how different the season would be, had Zack been the starter this season...would the Gophers have lost one or two of those close games without Tanner leading them back, or would they have already put those teams away? Would Zack have grown into what Tanner has become?
Sometimes the mental makeup of a qb can overcome lack of "skills" … Morgan might not look the part but he sure as hell plays it. Not like I know the kid but if Fleck is telling the truth on his demeanor where he can shake off mistakes easily, that's a good sign of a player who handles pressure fine. Our pro qb in town could use some of Tanner Morgan.

On Annexstad, what if... by some chance, he is better than Morgan and both could have this team in the same spot? The nice thing is you have Annexstad for a year beyond Morgan's tenure but I don't know how you would go away from Morgan for the rest of his career at this point unless he were to really fall apart (or get hurt of course).

Here some of us were wondering was Jacob Clark the answer!?
It was Demry Croft's to lose!
Ski

Post by Ski »

Sounds like a decent chance Tanner does not play this Saturday due to possible concussion. That sucks. But maybe beat NW without him? Also, game probably doesn't really matter anyway. It all comes down to us v Becky.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

Ski wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:36 am Sounds like a decent chance Tanner does not play this Saturday due to possible concussion. That sucks. But maybe beat NW without him? Also, game probably doesn't really matter anyway. It all comes down to us v Becky.
that was my immediate concern when he left the game. some people thought he was faking it. no.
feekdogg

Post by feekdogg »

Ski wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:36 am Sounds like a decent chance Tanner does not play this Saturday due to possible concussion. That sucks. But maybe beat NW without him? Also, game probably doesn't really matter anyway. It all comes down to us v Becky.
According to who?
Ski

Post by Ski »

feekdogg wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 11:18 am
According to who?
Nothing official that I have seen, but pretty much the consensus on Gopher Hole. So guessing there is something to it...
Bob Wiley

Post by Bob Wiley »

ESPN had him as “questionable”
"Dude, my IQ and education level is a 1,000 times more than yours. I whip everyone's ass here and they cannot hold a candle to me." mlhouse
hategreenticemase

hategreenticemase wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 4:55 pm
Good god on hyping Morgan is ICONIC.

Is he your version of Mitch for Clark?

Lol. He's a nobody. Let me know when he plays big against someone who actually matters. I want this Gophers team to be good but they have beat absolutely nobody.
Anyone care to guess who that gem is from? Hint: "Demry Croft is a Superstar!" :lol:

Fucking classic.
:lol:
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

With Morgan's success this year, what does that mean for the future of Annexstad / Clark? Obviously Clark has four years left, Annexstad will have three. Good dilemma to have at this point.

I'd assume Morgan is the guy until he plays like crap?
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
Ask Not
***Official 2018 Froob Bracket Winner and MNRC HOF Member***

Post by Ask Not »

HeHateMe wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:32 am With Morgan's success this year, what does that mean for the future of Annexstad / Clark? Obviously Clark has four years left, Annexstad will have three. Good dilemma to have at this point.

I asked my friends who are tight with the Annexstad family. They think he stays at this point. The U was kinda the dream with dad being a former Gopher and all. No direct quotes or anything - it's just the vibe the family is giving off.
Ketchup can be nuancy
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

Morgan surely surprised all of us this season but I'm in the camp of not wanting to just give him the job, no questions asked next season. If Annexstad shines in camp and perhaps an early non-conference game, well, then maybe a switch is made.
***THE REAL HORNETS HAS THOUSANDS OF POSTS and joined RC October 4, 2017!***
:naners: :naners: :naners:
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

Ask Not wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 8:59 pm
HeHateMe wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:32 am With Morgan's success this year, what does that mean for the future of Annexstad / Clark? Obviously Clark has four years left, Annexstad will have three. Good dilemma to have at this point.

I asked my friends who are tight with the Annexstad family. They think he stays at this point. The U was kinda the dream with dad being a former Gopher and all. No direct quotes or anything - it's just the vibe the family is giving off.
I would think if Annexstad is healthy they can let Morgan do a few more sneaks next year too. Good to hear he's staying though... he'll get an opportunity to play again for sure. I'm sure someone like Jacob Clark might think differently if he's looking at third on the depth chart and only a year behind Annexstad with the stud QB commit in the 2021 class lurking.
Bob Wiley

Post by Bob Wiley »

I never thought I would say this, but I am thrilled he is going to be here two more years 🙂
"Dude, my IQ and education level is a 1,000 times more than yours. I whip everyone's ass here and they cannot hold a candle to me." mlhouse