Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Predict the Penn St. score

Home for Gopher football topics
Ask Not
***Official 2018 Froob Bracket Winner and MNRC HOF Member***

Predict the Penn St. score

Post by Ask Not »

What's the temperature out there? A month ago I'd have said the home team gets blown right out of their own little stadium by Penn State, but the boys have shown adaptability and in-season growth.

I still don't think the Gophers have the athletes to match up with Penn St., but it will be somewhat respectable.
I'll go 24-13, Lions.
Ketchup can be nuancy
Bob Wiley

Re: Predict the Penn St. score

Post by Bob Wiley »

34-20, Penn State, I hope I’m wrong.
"Dude, my IQ and education level is a 1,000 times more than yours. I whip everyone's ass here and they cannot hold a candle to me." mlhouse
Ski

Post by Ski »

Damn I hope it's an upset. That said, 35-17 Pedophile State.
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

38-13 PedoState
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

41-20, child molesters.
Let's get Tropical
beetlebum71

Post by beetlebum71 »

I'm gonna row that boat!

34-24 Flying PJ's! A late Antoine Winfield pick 6 seals the deal.
feekdogg

Post by feekdogg »

PSU's weakness on defense is in the middle of the field. Bateman/Johnson could go ape-poopy.
The Replacements

Post by The Replacements »

21-17 Penn St
hategreenticemase

Post by hategreenticemase »

I believe! Gophs 30-27!
NonprovincialMNFan

Post by NonprovincialMNFan »

Lions 38 gophers 7 (Maybe 10).
Doc Holliday: There's no normal life, Wyatt, it's just life. Get on with it.
Da Gas Man

Post by Da Gas Man »

34-17 Penn St.
Slap Shot

Post by Slap Shot »

Current spread is PSU -6.5

The Gophers have performed between +6.5 and +28 against the spread their past 5 games (3H and 2A), while PSU was +52.5 against spread vs. Maryland, but were anywhere between -10 and +1.5 4 of their past 6. However, their best performances against the spread in that stretch were all on the road (Maryland, Iowa and MSU).

PSU had bigger win margins against their only 2 like opponents (PUR and MD). PSU outperforms MINN on most key defensive efficiency stats while MINN does the same on most offensive eff stats. PSU likely wins this game 7/10 based upon predictive results based upon the line and location. PSU's SOS is 7th toughest, the Gophers' is 77th.

Fuck it:

Gophers 21
PSU 17
hategreenticemase

Slap Shot wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 1:02 pm Current spread is PSU -6.5

The Gophers have performed between +6.5 and +28 against the spread their past 5 games (3H and 2A), while PSU was +52.5 against spread vs. Maryland, but were anywhere between -10 and +1.5 4 of their past 6. However, their best performances against the spread in that stretch were all on the road (Maryland, Iowa and MSU).

PSU had bigger win margins against their only 2 like opponents (PUR and MD). PSU outperforms MINN on most key defensive efficiency stats while MINN does the same on most offensive eff stats. PSU likely wins this game 7/10 based upon predictive results based upon the line and location. PSU's SOS is 7th toughest, the Gophers' is 77th.

Fuck it:

Gophers 21
PSU 17
I like this effer! :mrgreen:
NonprovincialMNFan

Fuck it:

Gophers 21
PSU 17
PM me if you would like to place a friendly wager.

I will take psu and give you 8 pts (an extra 1.5 pts) .
Slap Shot

Post by Slap Shot »

NonprovincialMNFan wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 4:47 pm

Fuck it:

Gophers 21
PSU 17

I don't think you're getting the obviousness of my pick going completely against the odds. Fuck are you always this miserable?
NonprovincialMNFan

Slap Shot wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 6:06 pm

Fuck it:

Gophers 21
PSU 17

I don't think you're getting the obviousness of my pick going completely against the odds. Fuck are you always this miserable?
You clearly have spit up some of the gopher kool-aide you have been guzzling. Slow down big shooter.

Just realistic. The thing that makes me miserable would be to be considered a clueless "turn that frown upside down" homer.
Slap Shot

Post by Slap Shot »

NonprovincialMNFan wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 6:28 pm

You clearly have spit up some of the gopher kool-aide you have been guzzling. Slow down big shooter.

Just realistic. The thing that makes me miserable would be to be considered a clueless "turn that frown upside down" homer.
What are you talking about? I have said at least twice they are likely to lose this game and laid out above why they should.lose. I was simply having some fun with the prediction and at least one other poster picked up on it. Come on dude.
NonprovincialMNFan

Slap Shot wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 8:12 pm

What are you talking about? I have said at least twice they are likely to lose this game and laid out above why they should.lose. I was simply having some fun with the prediction and at least one other poster picked up on it. Come on dude.
Ahhh. ...we are good. I get the enthusiasm.
I hope I am dead wrong, said so in the other thread.
And I am not a big fan of when posters starting putting words in my mouth that I didnt say, as was your complete fabrication that I implied they should shut it down.
Slap Shot

Post by Slap Shot »

NonprovincialMNFan wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 8:22 pm

And I am not a big fan of when posters starting putting words in my mouth that I didnt say, as was your complete fabrication that I implied they should shut it down.
I didn't say you suggested they should shut it down, I said if your attitude is they will never get it right they might as well shut it down. Cool?

Bottom line from my POV is this program currently looks, acts and smells differently from anything we've seen for decades and that the whole approach from the President to the AD to the staff is different. Fleck's teams look more prepared consistently and while you're right they haven't "beaten anyone yet" per se, would you not agree there hasn't been a coach/roster at the U that would also be 8-0 against this schedule for decades? Doesn't that alone make them different?

Peace.
NonprovincialMNFan

Slap Shot wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 8:46 pm

I didn't say you suggested they should shut it down, I said if your attitude is they will never get it right they might as well shut it down. Cool?

Bottom line from my POV is this program currently looks, acts and smells differently from anything we've seen for decades and that the whole approach from the President to the AD to the staff is different. Fleck's teams look more prepared consistently and while you're right they haven't "beaten anyone yet" per se, would you not agree there hasn't been a coach/roster at the U that would also be 8-0 against this schedule for decades? Doesn't that alone make them different?

Peace.
Maybe it does look differently.....it's just prudent at this point to be sure, and we will have a better vision after we see what they look like against more valid competition.
Butt, now it doesn't really matter, the extension is done.

Are gopher fans OK with the extension if they suffer 3 blowout loses and squeak a W against NW?
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

Peace.
No, it will look, act and smell different if they win some of these upcoming games.

Many of you gave us these same speeches during the Kill years.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Slap Shot

Post by Slap Shot »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 9:13 pm

Peace.
No, it will look, act and smell different if they win some of these upcoming games.

It already does and Kill never had anywhere near the same level of buy-in.

To the previous post if they suffer 3 blowout losses it will be a speed bump and I'll take your previous bet in that they will not lose 3 games by 14+
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

Slap Shot wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:02 pm
Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 9:13 pm

Peace.

It already does and Kill never had anywhere near the same level of buy-in.

To the previous post if they suffer 3 blowout losses it will be a speed bump and I'll take your previous bet in that they will not lose 3 games by 14+
I never said anything about 14+ losses and never said they would lose all 3.

So it's all good if they lose all 3 if it's by 10+ and a "Speed bump"? Cripes. No wonder our sports scene is filled with mediocrity.

The level of "Buy in" will go right down the can if they bomb those games.

They still have NEVER beat a ranked opponent in the Fleck era for cripes sake.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Slap Shot

Post by Slap Shot »

No.one said it' would be "all good" and the 3 loss comment was for another poster.

And yeah you've already mentioned their SOS about a 1,000 times. It hasn't been great but this program has had weak ass schedules before but never managed to.go 8-0.

I look forward to watching Fleck's program grow and prosper. You can be Debbie Downer to your heart's content.
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

Slap Shot wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:14 pm No.one said it' would be "all good" and the 3 loss comment was for another poster.

And yeah you've already mentioned their SOS about a 1,000 times. It hasn't been great but this program has had weak ass schedules before but never managed to.go 8-0.

I look forward to watching Fleck's program grow and prosper. You can be Debbie Downer to your heart's content.
I'm not a Debbie Downer, I'm glad people are excited I'm just saying people don't have to shit on others who haven't bought in yet is all.

Imo we will lose to PSU and Iowa but beat Wisconsin.

Not sure how all the tie breakers would go. They need to be playing in the B10 title game for this to truly be a success.

Ohio St is going to butt fuck whoever they get so I'm not concerned with that but go win the West.

I don't want to hear the BS that this is a good building block etc.. Heard it too many times with the Basketball team, football team etc before. You could end up with Ohio St and someone like Michigan on your schedule right away next year and be done before it even started.

All this "70 years talk" you need to do something with it now.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
hategreenticemase

Roobboobretard trying to pretend he is a Gopher football fan is nearly as amusing as him pretending to be a celebrity. :lol:
feekdogg

Post by feekdogg »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:23 pm
Slap Shot wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:14 pm No.one said it' would be "all good" and the 3 loss comment was for another poster.

I'm not a Debbie Downer, I'm glad people are excited I'm just saying people don't have to shit on others who haven't bought in yet is all.

Not sure how all the tie breakers would go. They need to be playing in the B10 title game for this to truly be a success.

Ohio St is going to butt fuck whoever they get so I'm not concerned with that but go win the West.

I don't want to hear the BS that this is a good building block etc.. Heard it too many times with the Basketball team, football team etc before. You could end up with Ohio St and someone like Michigan on your schedule right away next year and be done before it even started.

No, they can't "end up with Ohio State" on the schedule. This isn't the NFL. Schedules are set years in advance and Ohio State isn't on it. Michigan is. Next year's schedule is about as soft as this year's.
Ask Not
***Official 2018 Froob Bracket Winner and MNRC HOF Member***

Post by Ask Not »

We seemed to get along a lot better when it was just one forum. Is that what we need to go back to?
IS IT?!
Ketchup can be nuancy
Sellingguy
***Official Gibby Award Winner - April 2019***

Post by Sellingguy »

21-18 Gophers win.
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

feekdogg wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 6:45 am
Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:23 pm

No, they can't "end up with Ohio State" on the schedule. This isn't the NFL. Schedules are set years in advance and Ohio State isn't on it. Michigan is. Next year's schedule is about as soft as this year's.
Never took a look at it. Like I said, I haven't been paying much attention. This team doesn't give me much of a reason to. I will be checking it out on Saturday.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master