Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Gophers vs. Lions, get Gameday here special edition

Home for Gopher football topics
jffl_commish

Gophers vs. Lions, get Gameday here special edition

Post by jffl_commish »

11:00 am kickoff, game on ABC

Get Gameday here! Rough week for that though, with #1 vs. #2 that same day.
Let's get Tropical
Ski

Re: Gophers vs. Lions, get Gameday here special edition

Post by Ski »

11:00 kick off = no Gameday. Which is fine by me, just play the the game...
HeHateMe
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Post by HeHateMe »

Ski wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 11:23 am 11:00 kick off = no Gameday. Which is fine by me, just play the the game...
game day for Wiscy!
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
Ski

Post by Ski »

HeHateMe wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 12:17 pm
Ski wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 11:23 am 11:00 kick off = no Gameday. Which is fine by me, just play the the game...
game day for Wiscy!
Possibly, if a 9-1 MN hosted a 8-2 WI for the West title...
PohladPockyProtectorUWU

Post by PohladPockyProtectorUWU »

Ski wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 12:50 pm
game day for Wiscy!
You got the records wrong chief, each would have played 11 games not ten.
PohladPockyProtectorUWU

Gophers are going to win by 21. You heard it here first.
Ski

Post by Ski »

PohladPockyProtectorUWU wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 12:53 pm
Ski wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 12:50 pm
game day for Wiscy!
You got the records wrong chief, each would have played 11 games not ten.
Correct, 10-1 and 9-2. Hard to imagine I guess :lol:
PohladPockyProtectorUWU

Wisconsin isn’t gonna be 8-2 either they gonna lose to Iowa lol. If we win two of the next three the title is ours
feekdogg

Post by feekdogg »

I heard Rosen say this too. GameDay has done 11am kickoffs. See OSU/Michigan last year.
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

PJ on the morning show today, when asked about gameday, replied with something along the lines of the kids asking him what's different about the week WHEN gameday comes....not if they come.
Ash Ketchum

Post by Ash Ketchum »

I'm familiar with what GameDay is, (and this is a serious question, not trying to make any sort of point, genuinely curious), but why exactly do we want it to come to Minnesota so bad?
feekdogg

Post by feekdogg »

Ash Ketchum wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 11:41 am I'm familiar with what GameDay is, (and this is a serious question, not trying to make any sort of point, genuinely curious), but why exactly do we want it to come to Minnesota so bad?
The only reason to want GameDay is for the exposure. I'm sure that like with everything Fleck does, he can use it as a tool to promote the program.
I really don't care either way.
Ash Ketchum

Post by Ash Ketchum »

feekdogg wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 8:54 pm
Ash Ketchum wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 11:41 am I'm familiar with what GameDay is, (and this is a serious question, not trying to make any sort of point, genuinely curious), but why exactly do we want it to come to Minnesota so bad?
The only reason to want GameDay is for the exposure. I'm sure that like with everything Fleck does, he can use it as a tool to promote the program.
Makes sense. Thanks.
hategreenticemase

Post by hategreenticemase »

Ash Ketchum wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 8:55 pm
Makes sense. Thanks.
Come on Feek, it would be pretty cool. Pretty well earned for a fan base STARVED for some genuine buzz and excitement for DECADES....
feekdogg

Post by feekdogg »

hategreenticemase wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 9:24 pm
Makes sense. Thanks.
Come on Feek, it would be pretty cool. Pretty well earned for a fan base STARVED for some genuine buzz and excitement for DECADES....
I'm sure it'd be fine. Looking at ticket sales for PSU, I don't know how starved the fanbase really is. Plus, for an 11 am kickoff, they move the set inside the stadium for the final segment. I don't want that prick Corso putting on a Lion head in the Bank.
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

feekdogg wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 10:45 pm

Makes sense. Thanks.
I'm sure it'd be fine. Looking at ticket sales for PSU, I don't know how starved the fanbase really is. Plus, for an 11 am kickoff, they move the set inside the stadium for the final segment. I don't want that prick Corso putting on a Lion head in the Bank.
I'm over at Gopher Hole quite a bit and I heard there are a TON of tickets not sold. There is still over a week and I'm sure the crowd will be pretty decent by kickoff.

They win this game and people will start to pack the place. This team has played nobody and they have had years like this before where they make you there think they are good and then get drilled. It's going to take a big win to get some to buy in. At the very least they need to play a competitive game.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
hategreenticemase

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 11:11 pm

I'm over at Gopher Hole quite a bit and I heard there are a TON of tickets not sold. There is still over a week and I'm sure the crowd will be pretty decent by kickoff.

They win this game and people will start to pack the place. This team has played nobody and they have had years like this before where they make you there think they are good and then get drilled. It's going to take a big win to get some to buy in. At the very least they need to play a competitive game.
He heard at Gopherhole there are Tix left, you know, right after Feek told us that. Can't make the fucker up. :lol:
hategreenticemase

Makes sense. Thanks.
I don't know, that may be just what the Dr ordered - us against the world! :lol:
feekdogg

Post by feekdogg »

They need to sell tickets for this game. There's only one home game left after this, which barring a big-time stumble against NW will likely be a winner-take-all game against Wisconsin for the division championship. Shouldn't be concerned about selling tickets for that one.

The problem is that the Athletic Department has absolutely no clue how to read the market. The cheapest tickets through the U are $65. Those are terrible seats, way up in the corners. The prices are way too high. Everything in the lower level is about double that. This all stems back to Norwood's stupid fucking decision to basically double (or more) the price on every single season ticket when the stadium wasn't even sold out to begin with.
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

feekdogg wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 8:33 am

They need to sell tickets for this game. There's only one home game left after this, which barring a big-time stumble against NW will likely be a winner-take-all game against Wisconsin for the division championship. Shouldn't be concerned about selling tickets for that one.

The problem is that the Athletic Department has absolutely no clue how to read the market. The cheapest tickets through the U are $65. Those are terrible seats, way up in the corners. The prices are way too high. Everything in the lower level is about double that. This all stems back to Norwood's stupid fucking decision to basically double (or more) the price on every single season ticket when the stadium wasn't even sold out to begin with.
I would think they will get the game sold out by kickoff. Still a week to go.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Slap Shot

Post by Slap Shot »

Family Four Packs were previously available - don't know if they still are. Also ticket sales have been fairly brisk the past few days from what I've read so while there may be x # left now there has been movement.

One disadvantage an 11 a.m. game has is the student section will not be as filled and you hate to see that. But they are promoting the heck out of a Maroon Out and everyone in attendance will be given a towel.

https://gophersports.com/news/2019/10/3 ... nov-9.aspx
https://gophersports.evenue.net/cgi-bin ... evenue.net

Obviously they've already chosen different helmets (so this is not a complaint) but I would have loved to have seen either an older 'M' or the Rose Bowl throwback.

Really sucks not being able to attend. Dad took me to my first game at Memorial in 1972 and I was there in 1977 when they shutout #1 Michigan for their first win against them in a decade.

Go Gophers!

Also Rube they've never been in this position for DECADES and sure as hell not with this coach so comparing this to previous results is illogical.

Let's face it - they are underdogs for a reason and losing this game should not be seen as the end of the world/program if they at least show they can hang with PSU. Even if they somehow get rolled fuck the bandwagoners that hop off this program is slowly picking up steam/credibility and are putting themselves in position to more regularly challenge at least Iowa/Wisconsin than they have in 20 years.
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

Slap Shot wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 9:43 am Family Four Packs were previously available - don't know if they still are. Also ticket sales have been fairly brisk the past few days from what I've read so while there may be x # left now there has been movement.

One disadvantage an 11 a.m. game has is the student section will not be as filled and you hate to see that. But they are promoting the heck out of a Maroon Out and everyone in attendance will be given a towel.

https://gophersports.com/news/2019/10/3 ... nov-9.aspx
https://gophersports.evenue.net/cgi-bin ... evenue.net

Obviously they've already chosen different helmets (so this is not a complaint) but I would have loved to have seen either an older 'M' or the Rose Bowl throwback.

Really sucks not being able to attend. Dad took me to my first game at Memorial in 1972 and I was there in 1977 when they shutout #1 Michigan for their first win against them in a decade.

Go Gophers!

Also Rube they've never been in this position for DECADES and sure as hell not with this coach so comparing this to previous results is illogical.

Let's face it - they are underdogs for a reason and losing this game should not be seen as the end of the world/program if they at least show they can hang with PSU. Even if they somehow get rolled fuck the bandwagoners that hop off this program is slowly picking up steam/credibility and are putting themselves in position to more regularly challenge at least Iowa/Wisconsin than they have in 20 years.
True that they haven't been in this position right now but in 2014 they played the Badgers on the last game of the season for the West title and that looks like that could be the case again.

They have a chance to not even have the game matter even though I ultimately think it will come down to that again. Although the Badgers need to make sure they take care of their business.

As Keith Jackson wood say "Woah Nelly"
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

If Gameday comes, they won't have any troubles getting students there at all.
Let's get Tropical
Slap Shot

Post by Slap Shot »

Someone posted on Ghole a flash sale with hoodies being $18.99 at the bookstore.
feekdogg

Post by feekdogg »

As of this morning, Game Day had not made any contact at all with the U. Also keep in mind Rece Davis is an Alabama alum.
Slap Shot

Post by Slap Shot »

Anyone have a brick wall handy?

Hummdrum

Post by Hummdrum »

Wisconsin isn’t gonna be 8-2 either they gonna lose to Iowa lol. If we win two of the next three the title is ours
I watched Penn State at Iowa City on ABC TV a few Saturday nights and the Lions can really bring it defensively. Iowa only lost by a few points at home and Iowa only lost to a couple points on the road at the Big House at Michigan. It's a winnable game for the Gophers. Hats off to them if they are victorious.
Sky Spy in the Sky !
feekdogg

Post by feekdogg »

GameDay to Tuscaloosa.
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

Pretty sad, actually. They can go to those schools anytime. This was the time for the U. Oh well.
Let's get Tropical
Slap Shot

Post by Slap Shot »