Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Rad Rods by Troy

Cars, bikes, and other things you work on in the garage.
EnLiteEndOne

Rad Rods by Troy

Post by EnLiteEndOne »

Didn't know about this cat until recently. I have seen photos of his work in the past though. He has a show on Amazon Prime. It's just a straight forward show about how and why they do what they do. No drama. Immaculate precision fabrication and design.
Hands down best car show ever and his flavor of design is right up my alley.

Lampin'
The Lizard King

Re: Rad Rods by Troy

Post by The Lizard King »

EnLiteEndOne wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 6:30 pm Didn't know about this cat until recently. I have seen photos of his work in the past though. He has a show on Amazon Prime. It's just a straight forward show about how and why they do what they do. No drama. Immaculate precision fabrication and design.

Bare metal restoration?

I've never seen the appeal -- other than knowing that the paint isn't hiding any rust I guess.
"If you ever need anything, please don't hesitate to ask someone else first." - KDC
EnLiteEndOne

Post by EnLiteEndOne »

The Lizard King wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 8:14 pm
EnLiteEndOne wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 6:30 pm Didn't know about this cat until recently. I have seen photos of his work in the past though. He has a show on Amazon Prime. It's just a straight forward show about how and why they do what they do. No drama. Immaculate precision fabrication and design.

Bare metal restoration?

I've never seen the appeal -- other than knowing that the paint isn't hiding any rust I guess.
Could be customer request. Idk. His work and designs take custom hot rods to a level above Boyd & Foose with a better grip on eccentric than Ed Roth.

Boyd stayed true to the classic hot rod style he helped usher into a new era in the 80s.
Foose can't seem to get past chop, lower & big rims.

I've never seen better interiors than Troys either.

EDIT: That photo wasn't the completed project.

Lampin'
DonaldDouchebag

Post by DonaldDouchebag »

I love the knockoff wheels but the scoop is trying too hard.
Like that, y'all, pop some more shit.