Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Aftermarket wheels/rims

Cars, bikes, and other things you work on in the garage.
Cobey
Trouble

Aftermarket wheels/rims

Post by Cobey »

Anyone have brand suggestions or brands to avoid?

I was looking into wheel repair on one of my OEM wheels and based on what I'm reading, I'm now leaning toward replacement and seeing if I can sell the 3 that aren't busted up. I checked with Ford last summer, and they want $800 for one OEM replacement wheel :shock:

Browsing around Tire Rack, I'm liking the Sparco Trofeo 4, Sparco Assetto Gara, Sparco FF1-17, Enkei Performance GW8 (This one's a little flashier than I'd probably like, but it does look good). The O.Z. Racing stuff they have all looks good too, but they may have me priced out of those.
Old_Kid

Re: Aftermarket wheels/rims

Post by Old_Kid »

Last edited by Old_Kid on Thu Jun 17, 2021 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Physically spent, emotionally overdrawn, and morally bankrupt in no way to spend a Tuesday. :scooter:
Cobey
Trouble

Post by Cobey »

Old_Kid wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:53 am
Cobey wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:58 am Anyone have brand suggestions or brands to avoid?

I was looking into wheel repair on one of my OEM wheels and based on what I'm reading, I'm now leaning toward replacement and seeing if I can sell the 3 that aren't busted up. I checked with Ford last summer, and they want $800 for one OEM replacement wheel :shock:

Browsing around Tire Rack, I'm liking the Sparco Trofeo 4, Sparco Assetto Gara, Sparco FF1-17, Enkei Performance GW8 (This one's a little flashier than I'd probably like, but it does look good). The O.Z. Racing stuff they have all looks good too, but they may have me priced out of those.
We had a Jeep Wrangler rims repaired/resurfaced by a dealer recommended company. Cannot remember for sure but I think it was $60 per rim. I was very pleased with the outcome and saved a shyteload of money compared to buying new rims.

Being an old fart, I still like the old Cragar rims, had Cragar SS five spoke on at least four vehicles over the years. 8-) The old chrome reverse rims with baby moons are also one of my personal favorites. :coolio:
I was told the rim was dented...I'm assuming on the inside bead...I'll have to look at it tonight and see if I can see it. Everything I've read is that with alloy, you're better off just replacing.

I'll see if Cragar makes one in the size I'd need.
Cobey
Trouble

Post by Cobey »

Cobey wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:56 am
Old_Kid wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:53 am
Cobey wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:58 am Anyone have brand suggestions or brands to avoid?

We had a Jeep Wrangler rims repaired/resurfaced by a dealer recommended company. Cannot remember for sure but I think it was $60 per rim. I was very pleased with the outcome and saved a shyteload of money compared to buying new rims.

Being an old fart, I still like the old Cragar rims, had Cragar SS five spoke on at least four vehicles over the years. 8-) The old chrome reverse rims with baby moons are also one of my personal favorites. :coolio:
I was told the rim was dented...I'm assuming on the inside bead...I'll have to look at it tonight and see if I can see it. Everything I've read is that with alloy, you're better off just replacing.

Update:

Per Crager's website, they don't make a wheel for the Fiesta ST. I legitimately think that Tire Rack may be my best/only option here, unfortunately.
Old_Kid

Post by Old_Kid »

Last edited by Old_Kid on Thu Jun 17, 2021 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Physically spent, emotionally overdrawn, and morally bankrupt in no way to spend a Tuesday. :scooter:
Cobey
Trouble

Post by Cobey »

Old_Kid wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 4:59 pm
Cobey wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:56 am I was told the rim was dented...I'm assuming on the inside bead...I'll have to look at it tonight and see if I can see it. Everything I've read is that with alloy, you're better off just replacing.

If it is dented I probably would just look for a new one. Sooner or later I would worry about the tire bead strength. :?:
Kind of my though process, yeah. There's places locally that claim to do it, but I think I'm better off getting 4 new ones and just looking fly as fuck rolling down the road
Old_Kid

Post by Old_Kid »

Last edited by Old_Kid on Thu Jun 17, 2021 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cobey
Trouble

Post by Cobey »

Here's the options that I'm considering...
Sparco Trofeo 4 - Tire Rack has these on closeout for $145/wheel

Enkei Performance GW8 - $186/wheel

Sparco Pro Corsa - $170/wheel
Cobey
Trouble

Post by Cobey »

Cobey wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 11:04 am Here's the options that I'm considering...
Sparco Trofeo 4 - Tire Rack has these on closeout for $145/wheel

Enkei Performance GW8 - $186/wheel

Sparco Pro Corsa - $170/wheel
I misread the Sparco Trofeo one. The closeout was on the 16"...I'd want 17s, so price is like $168.

I'm leaning toward one of the Sparcos, probably the Pro Corsa. I like the matte finish over the gloss
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

Pro Corsa.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Old_Kid

Post by Old_Kid »

Last edited by Old_Kid on Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cobey
Trouble

Post by Cobey »

Old_Kid wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 12:38 pm
Cobey wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 1:19 pm I'm leaning toward one of the Sparcos, probably the Pro Corsa. I like the matte finish over the gloss
Any new rims yet? :?:
They arrived Friday. I went with the Trofeo 4 over the Pro Corsa, mostly because they weren't matte finish.

Probably gonna try to get them in this weekend. Since they're summer only tires, I kept my eye on the forecast and saw the cold snap, so I put it off.
Cobey
Trouble

Post by Cobey »

I'll slap some pics up here when they're on the car.
Old_Kid

Post by Old_Kid »

Last edited by Old_Kid on Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cobey
Trouble

Post by Cobey »

Old_Kid wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 11:44 am
Cobey wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 12:46 pm I'll slap some pics up here when they're on the car.
I read today's the day. Pictures please. 8-)
Still awaiting the call from the shop.

I'll post the pics here as the main board cretins are disrespectful
Cobey
Trouble

Post by Cobey »

Apologies in advance for the dirty ass car.
Old_Kid

Post by Old_Kid »

Last edited by Old_Kid on Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cobey
Trouble

Post by Cobey »

Old_Kid wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 5:49 pm
Cobey wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 11:49 am I'll post the pics here as the main board cretins are disrespectful
Looks awesome to me. Congrats. 8-)

I don't bling my Jeeps very much but my FXDX motorcycle is pretty shiny even with almost 85,000 miles. :lol:
I'm happy with them. I'm more so glad that I could get the winter rubber off the car. It rides completely different now.

That's a shit pile of miles on a bike :shock:
Old_Kid

Post by Old_Kid »

Last edited by Old_Kid on Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Cobey
Trouble

Post by Cobey »

Got a few with the car being clean.
Jaamz

Post by Jaamz »

Now tint your windows.
Cobey
Trouble

Post by Cobey »

Old_Kid wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 8:31 pm
Cobey wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 7:58 pm I'm happy with them. I'm more so glad that I could get the winter rubber off the car. It rides completely different now.

That's a shit pile of miles on a bike :shock:
Enjoy. It's your baby. 8-)

New top end twice with one punch out for more cubes and mild cam. K and N filter. Vance/Hines straight shots. One new seat. Digital speedo/tach. Tires of course and new solid rim on the back. And some other goodies replaced like you would with any vehicle. It's like your favorite blue jeans, the Black Attack just fits and I take pretty good care of it. :)

We've been around and have been very lucky. :scooter:

Mountain Lake.jpg
Leanns.jpg
Lucky.JPG
What year is that?
It looks like you just drove that thing off the showroom floor. Props to you for taking care of it :thumbsup:
Cobey
Trouble

Post by Cobey »

Jaamz wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 9:16 pm Now tint your windows.
Exhaust and some choice performance upgrades with a tune are next on my list.
Old_Kid

Post by Old_Kid »

Last edited by Old_Kid on Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Lizard King

Post by The Lizard King »

There's not a single four-door car that I think looks "good."

Sorry, bruh, but that's a "no" from me.
"If you ever need anything, please don't hesitate to ask someone else first." - KDC