Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Transmission/Transfer Case Issues

Cars, bikes, and other things you work on in the garage.
cmd24
***Official 2019 Froob Bracket Winner***

Transmission/Transfer Case Issues

Post by cmd24 »

About three years ago, we had to put in a new transmission in to Mrs cmd's Mazda CX-9. Fortunately, it was fully covered by the lifetime warranty we had on the vehicle. Fast forward to the last couple weeks...apparent wheel bearing issue, that is also covered. When looking in to it, it was discovered that there was a wiring issue in the transfer case. Sounds as though they have pull out the transmission to fix this. Here's my question, are issues like this indicative of the brand, tied to the original transmission repair, or just a complete fluke? This is the first time I've ever come across repairs like this, on any of my vehicles. We're not too far off from looking at trading in for something else, and we really like the CX-9's. But, do I need to be hesitant because of a possible recurring issues?
*** Official 2019 Disputed Brackets Champ ***
Cobey
Trouble

Re: Transmission/Transfer Case Issues

Post by Cobey »

I'd suspect that this would be related to the original transmission repair, but I make this guess based on not looking at the vehicle itself.
Cobey
Trouble

Post by Cobey »

Although 3 years is quite a long chunk of time for the issue to not have manifested itself...unless your wife just keeps it in one "mode" or something and doesn't use the AWD system :shrug:
cmd24
***Official 2019 Froob Bracket Winner***

Post by cmd24 »

Cobey wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 3:17 pm Although 3 years is quite a long chunk of time for the issue to not have manifested itself...unless your wife just keeps it in one "mode" or something and doesn't use the AWD system :shrug:
She said she had never seen the AWD light come on before, so it's like it got stuck in that mode, this time. That's kind of the feel I got from the tech at Walser, too.

On the bright side, all repairs were 100% covered, AND they delivered the car to us today. I had them take a look at it, for trade in value. I'm going to wait a little bit and get it paid off, before I do anything, now.
*** Official 2019 Disputed Brackets Champ ***