Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Sound system upgrades/replacement?

Cars, bikes, and other things you work on in the garage.
Cobey
Trouble

Sound system upgrades/replacement?

Post by Cobey »

Anyone ever have work done on the sound systems in your car? One of my speakers (Driver side, front as far as I can tell) has developed an incredibly annoying rattle, so I'm pretty sure at least one of the speakers is on its way out. Does anyone have any recommendations for shops that do this kind of work? I know Best Buy did work like this at one time, but I also heard less than stellar things about their work, so I'm hesitant
The Lizard King

Re: Sound system upgrades/replacement?

Post by The Lizard King »

I bought new speakers at BB and installed them myself.

HTH.
"If you ever need anything, please don't hesitate to ask someone else first." - KDC
Cobey
Trouble

Post by Cobey »

The Lizard King wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 12:12 pm I bought new speakers at BB and installed them myself.

HTH.
Yeah, that's an option too. I'm relatively confident that I could fight my way through it, but I'm pondering an upgrade in the whole system vs just replacing whatever piece is malfunctioning.
The Lizard King

Post by The Lizard King »

Cobey wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 4:19 pm
The Lizard King wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 12:12 pm I bought new speakers at BB and installed them myself.

HTH.
Yeah, that's an option too. I'm relatively confident that I could fight my way through it, but I'm pondering an upgrade in the whole system vs just replacing whatever piece is malfunctioning.
Mine is a 2003 Jeep Liberty with rust holes in the rocker panels.

So, yeah... I just fixed the buzzing speaker problem without sinking a bunch of money into it.
"If you ever need anything, please don't hesitate to ask someone else first." - KDC
Cobey
Trouble

Post by Cobey »

The Lizard King wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 4:21 pm
Cobey wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 4:19 pm

HTH.
Mine is a 2003 Jeep Liberty with rust holes in the rocker panels.

So, yeah... I just fixed the buzzing speaker problem without sinking a bunch of money into it.
I'm at the point where I havent even 100% ruled out an empty red bull can rattling against the back speaker or something tbh