Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Waxing froobs...froobs that wax their vehicles

Cars, bikes, and other things you work on in the garage.
cmd24
***Official 2019 Froob Bracket Winner***

Waxing froobs...froobs that wax their vehicles

Post by cmd24 »

I just threw out a couple of old things of wax, and will be replacing them. What is the top brand to use these days? I threw out some TurtleWax, as well as some spray stuff that my dad bought from one of those traveling salesmen. What say you?
*** Official 2019 Disputed Brackets Champ ***
EnLiteEndOne

Re: Waxing froobs...froobs that wax their vehicles

Post by EnLiteEndOne »

Go to reddit r/detailing and look around. They have some great recommendations.
TW and Meguires are still legit quality brands.
Lampin'
Cobey
Trouble

Post by Cobey »

meguires is my go-to for detailing products.
EnLiteEndOne

Post by EnLiteEndOne »

Cobey wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 10:30 am meguires is my go-to for detailing products.
My uncle does paintless dent removal and detailing. He swears by AMMO NYC products. I've watched a number of the dude's YouTube videos and he knows his stuff. A chemical engineer to boot, so his products are well formulated.

https://www.ammonyc.com/
Lampin'
Mandatory
***Official MNRC HOF Member***

Post by Mandatory »

Can we do a thread about waxing vehicles.. when you should start and how often? It's my understanding you do not wax a new car, right?
I am a part of all whom I have met. - Alfred the Great

#BaltimoreStrong
Cobey
Trouble

Post by Cobey »

Mandatory wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 10:38 am Can we do a thread about waxing vehicles.. when you should start and how often? It's my understanding you do not wax a new car, right?
Like most tired old clichés about cars, this is a common misconception that was true at one time, but is largely untrue with today's manufacturing techniques. Basically, you don't want to apply wax to body panels that have been recently painted. But with how cars are put together now, even brand new cars that just drive off the delivery truck have been painted for several months. So wax away, fam.

And how often you wax will depend on the product that you are using, but personally, I'd say do it after you wash it.