Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

The Todd Werner Collection

Cars, bikes, and other things you work on in the garage.
EnLiteEndOne

The Todd Werner Collection

Post by EnLiteEndOne »

This guy invented a couple machines that revolutionized our industry in the late 90's & early 2000's. My father was his top dealer for that stretch. Once Todd hit his peak he sold his business to the big company on the block and was able to spend his tens of millions on collecting rare muscle cars. In 2005 I had the pleasure of touring his private showroom in Clearwater, FL. At the time he had about 70 pristine, numbers-matching, rare classic American muscle cars. Think Yenko Camaro & Nova, 1964-1/2 GTO, 1962 Plymouth Satellite convertable Hemi w/ 4-speed (#1 of 4 ever made), Shelby GT Mustangs of all types. He was just starting to locate and restore classic drag race cars from the 60's (Sox & Martin Mopars, Yankee Peddler, etc.). He has the largest and probably the finest collection of cars from the muscle car era. Once Todd got a car it would get restored to perfection then go into a "black hole" (his private showroom) not to be seen again.

In the decade and a half since I seen his collection he has doubled it with a focus on restoring some of America's most famous drag and stock cars. His crown jewel is Richard Petty's 1970 Plymouth Road Runner. Petty took 18 checkered flags that season and the following year the car with the iconic spoiler was banned. Todd also found another 1971 Petty race car in a barn in Iowa. It had been raced at small tracks all over since its NASCAR days. He had Petty Enterprises verify the authenticity of the car and then had them fully restore it.

At the end of the month he is finally auctioning off 44 of his cars including the 1970 Petty Road Runner via Mecum Auction. I am not sure when this will air on TV, but it will be their greatest collection of cars ever auctioned at one location. I think the Road Runner itself will go for $6M-8M, and the total haul will be close to $15M. See the cars and stories at the link below.

The other link is his off-shore boat company, Statement Marine. Top-of-the-line Miami Vice style boats and center console boats with full air ride cockpits/dash for an incredibly smooth ride (I've ridden in one of each and can vouch for their speed, luxury, and smoothness).

https://www.mecum.com/auctions/harrisbu ... ollection/

http://www.statementmarine.com/

Lampin'