Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Mazda CX-5

Cars, bikes, and other things you work on in the garage.
EnLiteEndOne

Mazda CX-5

Post by EnLiteEndOne »

What do you guys think?

It's for the wife and she wants a compact SUV so save you're bitching and moaning Colbey
Lampin'
Cobey
Trouble

Re: Mazda CX-5

Post by Cobey »

EnLiteEndOne wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 1:48 pm What do you guys think?

It's for the wife and she wants a compact SUV so save you're bitching and moaning Colbey
My wife drives a Santa Fe that she knows I hate, but she probably equally hates my car, so I get it.

Mazda has been doing great work lately. Doing a quick look on it, it looks like it can get pretty expensive compared to competitors once you get beyond the base model.
cmd24
***Official 2019 Froob Bracket Winner***

Post by cmd24 »

CX-9 or GTFO.

Seriously, though, I don't know that there is a big difference between the two, other than the third seat. So, depends on what mrs ELEO needs to do with it.

Also, Mazda has converted most of their models over to use the same parts, so any work that does need to be done can be done without having to wait on parts, and such. Maybe other makes are going this route, as well, but the dudes at Walser were telling me about this, when I was visiting with them about replacing mrs cmd's CX-9 with a newer model.
*** Official 2019 Disputed Brackets Champ ***
EnLiteEndOne

Post by EnLiteEndOne »

cmd24 wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 9:53 am CX-9 or GTFO.

Seriously, though, I don't know that there is a big difference between the two, other than the third seat. So, depends on what mrs ELEO needs to do with it.

Also, Mazda has converted most of their models over to use the same parts, so any work that does need to be done can be done without having to wait on parts, and such. Maybe other makes are going this route, as well, but the dudes at Walser were telling me about this, when I was visiting with them about replacing mrs cmd's CX-9 with a newer model.
A cx-5 is all she needs, passenger-wise. Cobey is correct about the price jump when you get to the Grand Touring trim-level and up, but that is where the 2.5T motor is available. I'm not sure if it's worth the expense seeing as she drives more and more like a grandma every year.
Lampin'
cmd24
***Official 2019 Froob Bracket Winner***

Post by cmd24 »

I think the 5 and 9 have the same motors as the cars do. I’m almost positive that’s what the guy at Walser was saying. Either way, I think you’d be happy with the Mazda. We’re having a hell of a time finding a used 17 or 18. If you find you you think you like, latch on to it!
*** Official 2019 Disputed Brackets Champ ***