Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Door Locks

Cars, bikes, and other things you work on in the garage.
cmd24
***Official 2019 Froob Bracket Winner***

Door Locks

Post by cmd24 »

My fucking doors locked, when I was about 15 foot away from the truck, with the key in the truck. Anyone else have this random problem?
*** Official 2019 Disputed Brackets Champ ***
Cobey
Trouble

Re: Door Locks

Post by Cobey »

I got into the routine early in my driving career of never leaving the car with the keys in the ignition or leaving the keys in the car without me being in there. They're either in the ignition, in my pocket, or very briefly, they may be in transit from the ignition to my pocket. I can proudly say that I have never locked my keys in the car.
cmd24

Post by cmd24 »

I did a couple times, in my younger years. But this one sucks because it just automatically did it, without me hitting the lock button, AND not even being right near the vehicle.

I called the guy that does all my auto work. He said there's a bunch of things that could cause it, but it's hard to pinpoint. He was going to look at some things and see what he could find out. In the meantime, I'll be pulling keys at all times!
Mandatory
***Official MNRC HOF Member***

Post by Mandatory »

This is a fear of mine.. even with the push button. I always keep the fob in my pocket to avoid these issues but it still scares me.
I am a part of all whom I have met. - Alfred the Great

#BaltimoreStrong
Sellingguy
***Official Gibby Award Winner - April 2019***

Post by Sellingguy »

i always roll the window down enough to get my arm in if needed.
cmd24

Post by cmd24 »

Mandatory wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 10:14 am This is a fear of mine.. even with the push button. I always keep the fob in my pocket to avoid these issues but it still scares me.
That’s one reason I like the CX-9. It’s the Fob only. My truck still has the good old fashioned key! Mrs cmd yells at me whenever I driver the Mazda, because I always forget to leave the fob in the car when we get home.
Mizuno Man
***Official Gibby Award Winner - February 2019***

Post by Mizuno Man »

I drive an Acura with smart technology. If you leave your fob in the car and try and lock it the computer senses the fob and that nobody is in the car and unlocks the doors 10 seconds later. I think this is more of a Dodge, Ford , GM problem and the retards that buy them...then lock their keys in the car.

Hope this helps.
Asknot to WNU
"Is there a place where we can talk about evolving and dissipating covid hot spots or does anything covid related have to go through your blockade of Covid re-education?"
Cobey
Trouble

Post by Cobey »

Mizuno Man wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:59 pm I drive an Acura with smart technology. If you leave your fob in the car and try and lock it the computer senses the fob and that nobody is in the car and unlocks the doors 10 seconds later. I think this is more of a Dodge, Ford , GM problem and the retards that buy them...then lock their keys in the car.

Hope this helps.
My Ford does this as well.

Hope this helps.
Mizuno Man
***Official Gibby Award Winner - February 2019***

Post by Mizuno Man »

Cobey wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 2:10 pm
Mizuno Man wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:59 pm I drive an Acura with smart technology. If you leave your fob in the car and try and lock it the computer senses the fob and that nobody is in the car and unlocks the doors 10 seconds later. I think this is more of a Dodge, Ford , GM problem and the retards that buy them...then lock their keys in the car.

Hope this helps.

Hope this helps.

That's because it comes with a tiny Mexican that unlocks it for you from the inside.
Asknot to WNU
"Is there a place where we can talk about evolving and dissipating covid hot spots or does anything covid related have to go through your blockade of Covid re-education?"
Cobey
Trouble

Post by Cobey »

Mizuno Man wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 2:28 pm
Cobey wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 2:10 pm

Hope this helps.

Hope this helps.

That's because it comes with a tiny Mexican that unlocks it for you from the inside.
True. If you treat her nice, Maria will give you road head too.