Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Ford SYNC demons

Cars, bikes, and other things you work on in the garage.
Cobey
Trouble

Ford SYNC demons

Post by Cobey »

I've had incredibly intermittent issues with the SYNC (entertainment system) in my Fiesta over the past few months. Every so often, about once a month if I had to guess, I'll have to turn it off and turn it back on to get the radio to work or to get my phone to connect to it. About 2 months ago, I couldn't get the touch screen to turn on at all during a drive. Shut the engine off and turned it back on...still nothing. When I got back in the car the next morning, it worked again. Last night...same shit, but it worked this morning.

The way I see it, its one of two things...either an issue with the electrical (a short somewhere on the line or an issue with the fuse) or it's an issue with the software. I still am under warranty, but I have a feeling that if they aren't able to replicate the issue, there isn't shit they're going to be able to do.

Anyone here have any experience with the Ford SYNC system?
Stork311

Re: Ford SYNC demons

Post by Stork311 »

Cobey wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:48 am I've had incredibly intermittent issues with the SYNC (entertainment system) in my Fiesta over the past few months. Every so often, about once a month if I had to guess, I'll have to turn it off and turn it back on to get the radio to work or to get my phone to connect to it. About 2 months ago, I couldn't get the touch screen to turn on at all during a drive. Shut the engine off and turned it back on...still nothing. When I got back in the car the next morning, it worked again. Last night...same shit, but it worked this morning.

The way I see it, its one of two things...either an issue with the electrical (a short somewhere on the line or an issue with the fuse) or it's an issue with the software. I still am under warranty, but I have a feeling that if they aren't able to replicate the issue, there isn't shit they're going to be able to do.

well known problem I am dealing with too. I have a 2018 Edge and the SYNC system has been challenging..and that damn lift gate, but that is another story for another time. SYNC system goes out once a month for no reason. can last a minute to an hour. brought to dealer, but unable to find a reason. You can go on line, it is not unique....seems the ghost in the machine is widespread. Had thought about moving to an explorer in a year or so, but now am likely moving away from Fords.
Cobey
Trouble

Post by Cobey »

Stork311 wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:56 am
Cobey wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:48 am I've had incredibly intermittent issues with the SYNC (entertainment system) in my Fiesta over the past few months. Every so often, about once a month if I had to guess, I'll have to turn it off and turn it back on to get the radio to work or to get my phone to connect to it. About 2 months ago, I couldn't get the touch screen to turn on at all during a drive. Shut the engine off and turned it back on...still nothing. When I got back in the car the next morning, it worked again. Last night...same shit, but it worked this morning.

well known problem I am dealing with too. I have a 2018 Edge and the SYNC system has been challenging..and that damn lift gate, but that is another story for another time. SYNC system goes out once a month for no reason. can last a minute to an hour. brought to dealer, but unable to find a reason. You can go on line, it is not unique....seems the ghost in the machine is widespread. Had thought about moving to an explorer in a year or so, but now am likely moving away from Fords.
I tried googling this about a month ago and couldn't find much. So this makes me believe it's a software issue.
DC4MVP

Post by DC4MVP »

No problems with SYNC 3 in my old 2015 F-150, my current 2017, or my dad's 2016.