Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Selling a car

Cars, bikes, and other things you work on in the garage.
Mr Bill

Selling a car

Post by Mr Bill »

I want to sell my car ... I owe a small amount of money on it still that I am planning to pay off this week (like $1600). My title says it has a lien and lists the bank. My question is, when I sell the car... how do I prove the lien is paid off? I don’t want to wait to get a new title showing the lien is released.. probably takes months for that to happen. Do you have the other party call the bank?
Mizuno Man
***Official Gibby Award Winner - February 2019***

Re: Selling a car

Post by Mizuno Man »

Take it to "The Garage" spaz...!!! Then I can RIP you for not getting a clean no lean title....unless you want people to explain this shit when they go to the mnlars system....they prolly won't buy the car once you explain the paper work cluster fuck you are about to send them on.
Asknot to WNU
"Is there a place where we can talk about evolving and dissipating covid hot spots or does anything covid related have to go through your blockade of Covid re-education?"
Cobey
Trouble

Post by Cobey »

Mr Bill wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 12:58 pm I want to sell my car ... I owe a small amount of money on it still that I am planning to pay off this week (like $1600). My title says it has a lien and lists the bank. My question is, when I sell the car... how do I prove the lien is paid off? I don’t want to wait to get a new title showing the lien is released.. probably takes months for that to happen. Do you have the other party call the bank?
When you pay it off, the company that you have the loan through will send you a lien release form that shows you paid it off. This is given to the party that you are selling the car to, along with the title that shows the lien. The party that you sell it to will be able to go to the DVS and get the title transferred.

I can't necessarily speak to how long this will take, it varies between the lenders...but the last time I did it, I had the lien release in about a week.

I'd probably try to wait until you get the lien release to sell the car, but you can talk to the lender to see if you have any options to get the release sooner
Da Gas Man

Post by Da Gas Man »

Hey, I'm interested in buying a car but i only want one without a lien.
Sellingguy
***Official Gibby Award Winner - April 2019***

Post by Sellingguy »

i just bought a car
Mr Bill

Post by Mr Bill »

Sellingguy wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:05 am i just bought a car
That doesn't help me! I just bought a car too -- but now I need to sell this one.
Sellingguy
***Official Gibby Award Winner - April 2019***

Post by Sellingguy »

Mr Bill wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:38 pm
Sellingguy wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:05 am i just bought a car
That doesn't help me! I just bought a car too -- but now I need to sell this one.
she totaled the car, so we had to buy her one. crazy circle
check with the one guy here. he started a thread..and is a mod on 5 other boards.
Mr Bill

Post by Mr Bill »

I figured it out... when I paid the car off she faxed me a lien release document.. worked out.