Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Guitar guts question.

Music forum.
Qman65

Re: Guitar guts question.

Post by Qman65 »

Ask Micheal Schenker on this.
"That's like uh, your opinion man"!
Qman65

Post by Qman65 »

Best guitar is a Gibson Flying V! :finger:
"That's like uh, your opinion man"!
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

I have worked on one guitar a long, long, long time ago. I had all the wrong tools, no good work space, etc. yet I got my Dimarzio Tone Zone installed and working. I think I bypassed the tone pot and just wired pickups to volume pot to input jack.

I would get a soldering station that has little arm-clips that can hold the wires for you when you solder.

First time, I imagine you will want to break shit but once you figure it out, won't be difficult.

I wouldn't buy anything pre-made, what fun is that.

https://www.sixstringsupplies.co.uk/how ... -gibson-sg

Oh shit, forgot, that's a 4 pot wiring. Fuck that. :lol:
Cooper

Post by Cooper »

Get a decent iron and some liquid flux. Then practice soldering wire to a bad pot. If you leave the heat on them for too long you can kill the pot.
Cooper

Post by Cooper »

Abe Froman wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 7:40 pm I also bought a telecaster kit. I fully expect it to be a complete piece of shit, but I think it will be kinda fun to stain and varnish the body whatever color I want, and put whatever pieces into it I want to. If I don't completely fuck it up I'll post a pick of it once I'm done.
Which kit?