Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

A question for people who have been floor level at a large venue

Music forum.
Straight Edge Raven

A question for people who have been floor level at a large venue

Post by Straight Edge Raven »

So my short ass is 5-2 and I got seats on the field for the Hella Mega Tour
hella mega.PNG
In front of the stage is the pit, the rest of the field behind it is seating...my seat is where the green dot is...obviously I won't be seated most of the show but Is my short ass gonna be able to see the stage decently or should I say fuck it and buy front row seats in the bowl or whatever?

The life of a short man sucks...don't do it!!
Last edited by Straight Edge Raven on Mon Feb 24, 2020 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Slava Ukraini
The dildo of consequences rarely arrives lubed
cmd24
***Official 2019 Froob Bracket Winner***

Re: A question for people who have been floor level at a large venue

Post by cmd24 »

I’ve been on the floor for a bunch of shows at Target Center and Xcel. But those were full floor GA, for the most part. Only one, off the top of my head, that wasn’t, was the Spacehog/Oasis/Black Crowes show. That was all seating, and the sight lines were still pretty good. I tend to think you should be okay from that spot.
*** Official 2019 Disputed Brackets Champ ***
PurpleFloyd

Post by PurpleFloyd »

I think you are hosed.
In Kwesi we trust.
The Real Ted

Post by The Real Ted »

Just sit on your boyfriend’s shoulders and you’ll be able to see fine.

You might get clocked in the head by something thrown at you.... from someone behind you whose view you’re blocking.

But until that happens, you’ll be able to see everything.
Dude

Post by Dude »

People will be sitting the whole time so I wouldn't worry about it.
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

The Real Ted wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 12:43 pm Just sit on your boyfriend’s shoulders and you’ll be able to see fine.

You might get clocked in the head by something thrown at you.... from someone behind you whose view you’re blocking.

:lol: :lol:
***THE REAL HORNETS HAS THOUSANDS OF POSTS and joined RC October 4, 2017!***
:naners: :naners: :naners:
Straight Edge Raven

Hornets wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 5:32 pm
The Real Ted wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 12:43 pm Just sit on your boyfriend’s shoulders and you’ll be able to see fine.

:lol: :lol:

Slava Ukraini
Falen's Boyfriend

Post by Falen's Boyfriend »

I'm six feet tall and it seems like I'm always stuck behind much taller concert-goers on the floor.

If I was 5' 2, I'd probably avoid the floor if possible.
EnLiteEndOne

Post by EnLiteEndOne »

Falen's Boyfriend wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 4:53 pm I'm six feet tall and it seems like I'm always stuck behind much taller concert-goers on the floor.

If I was 5' 2, I'd probably avoid the floor if possible.
My oldest stepdaughter and I went to U2 & Beck @ US bank a few years back and had floor seats. I'm 6' 3" and some small lady was elbowing and bumping me out of the way for Becks entire set. During the intermission she bitched at me to stand in the back. Out of nowhere my stepdaughter replies "shut the fuck up bitch before break your nose".
We had to move back and away after her attempt at conflict resolution.

Moral = get a seat or stay home. My feet and shins were aching.
Lampin'
focker

Post by focker »

My wife is 5'1 so we have this situation happen fairly often. For big shows we always get floor seats, because it's easy enough to move up into some empty seats someone has vacated if the floor isn't fun. Usually we can find a spot where she can see at least part of the stage.

I'm 6'3 and always feel like I'm blocking someones view. I've let people move in front of me who were insanely short a few times as I could still see the stage fine.

I'm guessing the stage at this Hella Mega tour will be high up in the air so you'll be able to see things decently. Having seats on the floor also helps space things out so the person in front of you isn't right there and you get a better angle.
Top 4 Froob 2021!!!
Straight Edge Raven

OK i just bought a row 1 seat in 103. Totally forgot to refund my other 2 tickets before the 31st so now I gotta try to sell them by next year.
Slava Ukraini
Tommy_Hawk

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

I was on the floor at XCel in October. It wasn't the best nor the worst, but eventually we got out of the chair section and stood up and danced by the sound system in the middle. We both enjoyed that way more. Maybe you will have the same freedom.
Trees Make Great Neighbors

Sir Cort Godfrey of the Nessie Alliance summoned the help of Scotland's local wizards to cast a protective spell over the lake for the peaceful existence of our underwater ally.
Night Train
***Official Gibby Award Winner - October 2018***

Post by Night Train »

I'm 6-2, you just have to find the right angle and keep adjusting throughout the show, that's life on the floor level.
I apologize in advance if what I just said offended or upset you.

The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.

Minnesota - Mired in Mediocrity