Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

***Official 2019 Phish Summer Tour Thread***

Music forum.
hoyhoyguy

***Official 2019 Phish Summer Tour Thread***

Post by hoyhoyguy »

Alrighty, here we go ya'll. Tour time! Instead of starting dozens of threads for each tour stop, let's try our best to keep everything here.

Have a good tour!

Show #1 - 6/11/19 - St. Louis

SET 1: Cool Amber and Mercury, 46 Days, Stash, Nellie Kane > Free > Theme From the Bottom, Tube, Drift While You're Sleeping[1]

SET 2: No Men In No Man's Land > Bathtub Gin > Ghost -> Piper -> Blaze On, Joy > Simple > Limb By Limb, Slave to the Traffic Light

ENCORE: Turtle in the Clouds, Character Zero

[1] Phish debut.
This show was webcast via Live Phish and featured the Phish debut of Drift While You're Sleeping. Trey teased Plasma before Stash. Trey teased Gloria (Laura Branigan) in Theme From the Bottom. The Final Hurrah was quoted in Tube and at the end of Character Zero. Page teased The Very Long Fuse in NMINML. Piper contained a Rhapsody in Blue tease. Trey teased Follow the Yellow Brick Road in Limb By Limb.

My thoughts: Pretty fun show. I little rust in the 2nd set which is to be expected. It's just great to have the boys back.
Set 1: I thought the first 3 songs were very strong. I dug the happy vibe of the jam in Cool Amber and Mercury. 46 Days crushed. And Stash was a surprise this early. Drift While You're Sleeping....welcome to the fam, fam!! I'm excited to see where they take that song.
Set 2: Piper>Blaze On was the bitchin'. That won the set.

Show Winner: I've got to give it to go with the HOF'er Stash.
Honorable Mention: The newbie!! Drift While You're Sleeping. I'm pumped this new Trey song showed up so early on tour. It's got good things ahead. It's so bouncy and light. It's just a joy of a song.
cmd24
***Official 2019 Froob Bracket Winner***

Re: ***Official 2019 Phish Summer Tour Thread***

Post by cmd24 »

I'll take your word for it.
*** Official 2019 Disputed Brackets Champ ***
Jimi_Thing

Post by Jimi_Thing »

Hard pass
Joe Bag 'O Donuts

Post by Joe Bag 'O Donuts »

hoyhoyguy wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:50 pm Alrighty, here we go ya'll. Tour time! Instead of starting dozens of threads for each tour stop, let's try our best to keep everything here.

Have a good tour!

Show #1 - 6/11/19 - St. Louis

SET 1: Cool Amber and Mercury, 46 Days, Stash, Nellie Kane > Free > Theme From the Bottom, Tube, Drift While You're Sleeping[1]

SET 2: No Men In No Man's Land > Bathtub Gin > Ghost -> Piper -> Blaze On, Joy > Simple > Limb By Limb, Slave to the Traffic Light

ENCORE: Turtle in the Clouds, Character Zero

[1] Phish debut.
This show was webcast via Live Phish and featured the Phish debut of Drift While You're Sleeping. Trey teased Plasma before Stash. Trey teased Gloria (Laura Branigan) in Theme From the Bottom. The Final Hurrah was quoted in Tube and at the end of Character Zero. Page teased The Very Long Fuse in NMINML. Piper contained a Rhapsody in Blue tease. Trey teased Follow the Yellow Brick Road in Limb By Limb.

My thoughts: Pretty fun show. I little rust in the 2nd set which is to be expected. It's just great to have the boys back.
Set 1: I thought the first 3 songs were very strong. I dug the happy vibe of the jam in Cool Amber and Mercury. 46 Days crushed. And Stash was a surprise this early. Drift While You're Sleeping....welcome to the fam, fam!! I'm excited to see where they take that song.
Set 2: Piper>Blaze On was the bitchin'. That won the set.

Show Winner: I've got to give it to go with the HOF'er Stash.
Honorable Mention: The newbie!! Drift While You're Sleeping. I'm pumped this new Trey song showed up so early on tour. It's got good things ahead. It's so bouncy and light. It's just a joy of a song.
Good stuff dude! Keep it coming!
hoyhoyguy

Post by hoyhoyguy »

Show #2 - 6/12/19 - St. Louis

SET 1: Chalk Dust Torture, The Moma Dance, Waves > Bouncing Around the Room, Undermind, Heavy Things, Roggae, We Are Come to Outlive Our Brains, Funky Bitch, Set Your Soul Free, Run Like an Antelope

SET 2: Gloria[1], Loving Cup > Twist, About to Run[1], Mr. Completely > Light > Waste, Suzy Greenberg

ENCORE: Farmhouse, First Tube

[1] Phish debut.

My Thoughts
-- What a cool night!! This show was dominated by the St. Louis Blues winning the Stanley Cup for the first time in franchise history. By the time the first set was wrapping up, during Antelope, the Blues were up 3-0 in the 3rd period and the place was buzzing. The Blues game finished during set break. Obviously Phish new that the home town crowd was following the game and would be ready to celebrate. So, in a way only Phish can do, they opened the second set with Gloria which is the song they play in the arena at Blues games after a victory. The crowd went nuts! It was a fucking party. They followed that with the Rolling Stones song Loving Cup.
Give me little drink,From your loving cup. Just one drink and I'll fall down drunk yeah
Fucking PERFECT.

Winner: Gloria, Loving Cup

Bonnaroo is next! See you at the farm. Oh, the entire Sunday show can be streamed live for free at Live Phish!
hoyhoyguy

Post by hoyhoyguy »

Show #3 - 6/14/19 - Bonnaroo

SET 1: Carini > Down with Disease[1] > Say it to Me S.A.N.T.O.S., Everything's Right > Mercury > Tweezer > Also Sprach Zarathustra > Steam, Martian Monster, More > Harry Hood > Character Zero

ENCORE: Possum > Tweezer Reprise

[1] Unfinished.
This performance took place on the What Stage. DWD was unfinished.

My Thoughts
Tonight was a one set show at Bonnarro...and Phish brought the heat. Huge crowd and you could feel the energy. It was electric. Phish rarely plays non-Phish festivals so was a nice change of pace to have a show that wasn't 100% Phish fans. There were a lot of newbies on at the show and they had to leave with a smile on their face.

Winner
Everything's Right > Mercury > Tweezer...This stretch was the payoff tonight. Everything's Right is a song that everyone in the crowd can play along with, and per usual Tweezer had a ripping jam. Cheers!
hoyhoyguy

Post by hoyhoyguy »

Show #4 - 6/16/19 Bonnaroo

SET 1: Set Your Soul Free, Blaze On, Death Don't Hurt Very Long, Reba[1], Free > Sand, Wolfman's Brother, Cavern

SET 2: Mike's Song > Fluffhead > Twist -> Weekapaug Groove -> No Men In No Man's Land -> Weekapaug Groove -> Twist > Fuego > Ghost > Bathtub Gin

ENCORE: Wilson > First Tube

My Thoughts
Being that they are the most popular rock band in the world, Phish was asked to close out the most premier American festival with a 2 set show. And holy fuck what a show it was. Thus far, this is the best show from Summer Tour. The first set was cool. Blaze on is my favorite of the newer songs. It was fun to get a Reba. And Wolfman's Brother is a top 5 jam.

But let's make no mistake this show was ALL about the second set. Plenty of people predicted a Mike's Groove at some point in the 2nd set but nobody could have predicted a fucking Fluffhead>Twist as the sandwich between Mike's Song and Paug. Fluff was my launching point into Phish, my first love. Tonight's version was full of smiles. The jam (Fluff Travels) was tight. Each section of the jam was distinct. And the energy and explosion of joy at the end.."FLUFFY, FLUFFY, FLUFFY, FLUFFY, FLUFFY FLUFFYHEAD"..was everything it should be. Twist had a light and happy jam. Wilson>First Tube was super fun. Trey was running all around the stage. What a set. They absolutely blew the doors off Bonnaroo!

Winner
The Mike's Grove!! Mike's Song > Fluffhead > Twist -> Weekapaug Groove -> No Men In No Man's Land -> Weekapaug Groove ->
focker

Post by focker »

Hoping to get to the Alpine shows. We'll see. Pretty busy summer this point. If I can go to both that would make 40 shows total for me.
hoyhoyguy

Post by hoyhoyguy »

focker wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 1:49 pm Hoping to get to the Alpine shows. We'll see. Pretty busy summer this point. If I can go to both that would make 40 shows total for me.
Right on. Yes, I can't wait for Alpine. I saw my first Phish show there in '98. I didn't know anything about them, I just went for the party. I'm not lying it was life changing for me. It completely changed the kind of music I listened to, which change who I was.

40 is an impressive number. I'd have to think about it, but I think I'm around 22.

Do you have a favorite show?
focker

Post by focker »

hoyhoyguy wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 3:20 pm
focker wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 1:49 pm Hoping to get to the Alpine shows. We'll see. Pretty busy summer this point. If I can go to both that would make 40 shows total for me.
Right on. Yes, I can't wait for Alpine. I saw my first Phish show there in '98. I didn't know anything about them, I just went for the party. I'm not lying it was life changing for me. It completely changed the kind of music I listened to, which change who I was.

40 is an impressive number. I'd have to think about it, but I think I'm around 22.

Do you have a favorite show?
My first show was Target Center 96'... Then I hit Chicago and Alpine in summer 97'.

Favorite show? Wow that's tough to be honest. Maybe Deer Creek 2000. The first and 3rd nights were absolutely amazing. I think the dates were 7/10/00 and 7/12/00. The two shows I saw in Chicago last October were actually top 10 for me as well. Both of them were really amazing. Spiritual in a way for me.
Qman65

Post by Qman65 »

What the phuck is Phish? Never heard of them. :roll:
"That's like uh, your opinion man"!
hoyhoyguy

Post by hoyhoyguy »

Qman65 wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:23 pm What the phuck is Phish? Never heard of them. :roll:
You are welcome. Enjoy!

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum
hoyhoyguy

Post by hoyhoyguy »

Who's going to Alpine?

Calls:
Blaze On
Fluffhead
Lawn Boy
Qman65